• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Question About $1000 Holiday Show

In summary, the flyer has been updated to include holiday instead of xmas, and the contact information has been removed. Tash has a program that allows her to convert word documents to PDF, which she made a few modifications to the original file posted. The modifications were to make it fit on a single page, substitute xmas with holiday, and to remove contact information.
ncpamperedchef
I read a post on here about doing the mystery host show, 10 people, $1000 in sales, drawing for prizes. I think it is a great idea, but isn't that completly taking advantage of the host benefits, splitting them up like that? Wouldn't you have to put all the orders for prizes under one persons name? Please correct me if I'm wrong, because it does seem a great way to increase sales as long as it can be done ethically.:)

You don't have to split up the the hostess benefits. You can give all the benefits to one person.

Well you can do a host & co-host. Then there is just the warranty stuff to figure out for anything else in the "split" benefits. Let people know they need to contact you - and in your paper records have a list of who bought what under which name.

I think the best way to do this by drawing 2 names for a co host and host..if you want, then you can offer everyone else the 30% off discount.

I think I am going to try this and see if I get any takers! I need it since I have only 1 Nov. show so far and 3 vendor events. I guess there's nothing to loose!

I know what she is speaking of. Each participant collects at least $100 in orders to be part of the show. (Hopefully, each will collect over $100, even if only a few dollars). Then, since you turn it in as a $1000 show (which would be $200 in free product), each "host" gets $20 in free product. The top seller can choose either a half-priced item or the 60% off item, each of the next four top sellers get to choose until the half-priced and 60% off items are gone. Every "host" gets the 30% off.

I know a consultant who does this in May for Help Whip Cancer. I never wondered if it was ethical or not.

I literally JUST sent out an email to a whole bunch of people to see if they'd like to participate. I know I already have 4-5 people who I spoke with on the phone in the past week who would like to participate. I say go for it! Only if you get 6 takers, it's a show you didn't have before. And the potential for it to be HUGE is definitely there. I'll report what happens!:D

So far I have only gotten 1 interested in this. What do I do if I can't find anyone else to participate?

Maybe just see if she'd like to do her own show and hope it gets to $150???

dollfangs said:
So far I have only gotten 1 interested in this. What do I do if I can't find anyone else to participate?

Ask her if she can think of anyone else that might be interested. Call everyone that has hosted in the past as well as your top customers and talk about this with enthusiasm.

By the way, I revamped the original flyer on here about the $1000 catalog mystery host show. I didn't want to deal with the hassle of dividing up too many host rewards, so ONE person will get all of them, but I'll offer some extra prizes for the rest. Here's what I came up with.....

Attachments

• 10 by 10 host challenge[1].doc
    39.5 KB · Views: 374
Thanks for the updated flyer I love it.

Attachments

• 10 by 10 host challenge[1].pdf
    38.3 KB · Views: 357
Thanks Tash, I love the font on PDF! How do you do that!? I have Adobe PDF but don't know if that's the same to create flyers with!?

Thats great Becky! thanks - I'm going to use this if you dont mind and just change it around a bit to fit my customers....hopefully this will help my November sales!

heat123 said:
Thanks Tash, I love the font on PDF! How do you do that!? I have Adobe PDF but don't know if that's the same to create flyers with!?

I have a program that let's me convert word documents to PDF. I made a few small modifications to the original file posted, removed the contact info, and did the conversion. Most of the changes were to make it fit on a single page as I find most people don't get to a 2nd page. The other changes I made were to substitute xmas with holiday in one or two places as a large number of my customers and family are jewish and so they celebrate chanukah instead of xmas (although much less shopping done for this but it might get people thinking).

I want to thank everyone for sharing with us. It is s cool to have so many people allow their work to be borrowed/stolen so that all of us can improve our business.

Cindycooks said:
Thats great Becky! thanks - I'm going to use this if you dont mind and just change it around a bit to fit my customers....hopefully this will help my November sales!
No problem! Use what you'd like. I borrowed it from someone else.

It IS cool that everyone is so willing to share on this site! I know I've gotten tons of ideas!:)

I just sent out a mass email and also mailed to previous hosts, keeping my fingers crossed it works! I soo need a $1000k show for Nov to reach the 1st level this year!

Thanks to the orginal poster on this idea!

I was the original poster of the $1000 idea this time around (I did get the idea a few months back from this site though - so I can't take full credit) and modified it. I LOVE the updates you all have made - like the highest amount gets a Celebrate plate, etc. Maybe I will do that with the "Celebrate" cookbook since we can get it for $5? (Update to my first post - I have FIVE people in and I just sent it Friday! I'm half way there!!)

To the original poster of this thread... I talked to 2 directors and my recruiter before doing this. They all thought it was a wonderful idea and that it wasn't "technically" against any rules, etc. The only reservation was the warranty issue - but I plan to clarify that when I send out the receipts. Something like "please contact me with any issues - do not call PC directly, etc" Yes, you do need to put it under one or two names (I will probably do the co-host thing.) It is going to take some work on my part - sorting, delivering and making sure to keep track of all the winners for warranties.

I don't think it's taking advantage of the Host benefits because I only sent this to a select few (25 at the most) of my PAST hosts or preferred customers (those ones who order EVERY month but will not host!). Mostly because I wanted to Thank them for their business. They were all thrilled with the Host benefits at the time of their show and this just gives them a "chance" at getting one again with little effort. Some of these Hosts just did a show for me in Sept or Oct! Others were going to book with me for Jan or Feb already. So, $100 to them is so easy to collect.

I don't plan to do this on a regular basis. If it is successful, then it will be an annual event. Hopefully it will get the Hosts/winners chatting about it and get others to join in. If it gets big, I may limit it to Hosts with $1000 or more shows during the year to be "in". That would be nice, huh?

Anyway, I am thrilled about this opportunity and can't wait for it to succeed!!

Have fun!!
Joanne

1. How can I earn $1000 in sales during the holiday show?

To earn $1000 in sales during the holiday show, you can host a virtual party and invite your friends and family to shop from the comfort of their own homes. You can also share the show link on social media and offer incentives for those who make purchases. Additionally, you can reach out to your network and offer to help them with their holiday shopping needs.

2. Are there any special deals or discounts available during the holiday show?

Yes, there will be exclusive holiday deals and discounts available during the show. These deals will be announced during the show and you can also check with your consultant for more information.

3. Can I use host rewards towards my $1000 in sales goal?

Yes, you can use your host rewards towards your $1000 in sales goal. Host rewards are a great way to get some of your favorite Pampered Chef products at a discounted price or even for free. However, keep in mind that host rewards cannot be combined with other discounts or promotions.

4. How long will the holiday show last?

The holiday show typically lasts for 1-2 weeks, but the exact duration may vary depending on your consultant. You can check with your consultant for the specific dates of the holiday show and make sure to place your orders before the show ends.

5. Can I earn any rewards for attending the holiday show?

Yes, you can earn rewards for attending the holiday show. The host of the show may offer incentives for attending, such as bonus products or discounts. Additionally, you will have the opportunity to shop exclusive holiday deals and discounts during the show.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• cheflorraine
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • ChefinHarmony
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
PamperedChef
Replies