• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Crazy or Not? Hosting a $1000 HWC Fundraiser

In summary, the author recommends that male consultants try PC and find success. He suggests that male and female PC consultants work together to achieve success.
wadesgirl
Gold Member
This is going to seem like a very weird question and you may be wondering my sanity. A little back story... I met this host at a couple's party. The husband was way more into PC and the products than the wife is. He agreed to host a party last March. One of the worst actual parties I have ever done but $1103 in sales later, my first thousand dollar show. I caught on that he likes a challenge so at the time I bribed him with the host special for free if he hit $1000. He was more than happy to. Last fall, he did a catalog show for me. I offered an extra $25 free if he beat his last show. I wasn't going to pass up a $1140 catalog show.

So fast foward to now. I really, really want him to do another show for me but he is stubborn. He doesn't like the upcoming host specials and maybe wants to wait until July. There is no talking him out of it. The last time we talked, I brought up a HWC fundraiser. Talked about how 20-25% of the show total would go to ACS plus the HWC products (DID NOT MENTION PINK!). All he asked was what he would get out of it since he wouldn't get any products for free.

I was thinking of offering him free product value totalling half my commission - if he get a $1000 fundraiser. I know it sounds crazy but this host has been very good to me and I would LOVE to have him do a $1000 fundraiser for me. That would be $250+ going to ACS. My commission would be at least $187 so giving him half "value" would be at least $93. What I was thinking of doing was either putting his "order" on the fundraiser under his name using his PHD (more comm. and fundraiser money), or tack it onto my own show I'm doing later on this month, getting the past host discount and commission.

Am I crazy??? I really have no problem doing this because he has been a wonderful host. I've had good parties from him (3 in the last year), booked multiple parties off his and would love to do this for HWC. I thought I would see if anyone would consider doing this or if I am truly just crazy!

I 2nd that...Do It!

Do it and Recruit him as well!!

PamperedDor said:
Do it and Recruit him as well!!
He won't! The first words out of his mouth when we host coached were "My friends don't like the word Pampered very well!" But he did say he would host a show every six months with the new catalog, I'll take that.

Glad to hear I'm not totally crazy.

Keep him on your lead list - For 10 years I said I would never be a consultant (for any DS company) - so you never know!!

PamperedDor said:
Keep him on your lead list - For 10 years I said I would never be a consultant (for any DS company) - so you never know!!

LOL I'm not alone.... Had my first show at 21 and didn't sign till I was 32! Every consultant tried trust me... LOL

I don't think that it's crazy at all. It's all about accomplishing what you want. More money, more donations, more sales to earn products, etc.I have a male host too that I just LOVE! He's out of state and does catalog shows. I reward him a lot b/c it makes him so happy and he doesn't expect it. He actually ended up having 3 catalog shows within about 3 weeks. One on purpose and two accidental (they saw a S/S catalog and ordered enough for a show) and after his Feb show was closed, he got another $150 in orders...but for the Feb special. It was hilarious...and a bit confusing. Luckily, he didn't question and just trusted me to figure it out.Good luck with the $1000 HWC Fundraiser!

Tell him that his friends may not like the word PAMpered but they will LOVE the word MANpered! hee hee :)

As a guy in Pampered Chef, here's the inside scoop you can pass along to him:

Men who represent PC benefit from an overwhelmingly positive response from women, are a standout in the sea of PC consultants, and generally do better than ladies. Men do very well with PC. And they have awesome kitchens and happier spouses! Some men do the business together with their wives.

Personally, PC has helped me be more organized, enjoy my time spent with family more, and be more self-disciplined. I choose the times I work and determine the size of my PC paycheck. I earn most new products for free from incentives, and I know the location of secret bathrooms at conference! It has helped me be an even more positive person. PC has been my "fun" outlet, a special place to shine, and a terrific tax benefit. To deduct the cost of grocery bills is an amazing thing.

If you like a little, place an order and buy it. If you like a lot, host a show and earn it free. If you like it all, become a consultant and earn everything you need free, plus get paid to share it with others!

scottcooks said:
As a guy in Pampered Chef, here's the inside scoop you can pass along to him:

Men who represent PC benefit from an overwhelmingly positive response from women, are a standout in the sea of PC consultants, and generally do better than ladies. Men do very well with PC. And they have awesome kitchens and happier spouses! Some men do the business together with their wives.

Personally, PC has helped me be more organized, enjoy my time spent with family more, and be more self-disciplined. I choose the times I work and determine the size of my PC paycheck. I earn most new products for free from incentives, and I know the location of secret bathrooms at conference! It has helped me be an even more positive person. PC has been my "fun" outlet, a special place to shine, and a terrific tax benefit. To deduct the cost of grocery bills is an amazing thing.

If you like a little, place an order and buy it. If you like a lot, host a show and earn it free. If you like it all, become a consultant and earn everything you need free, plus get paid to share it with others!
We talked alot about everything you listed after his first show. His actual show was only $250 worth so the rest was all outside orders. I heard him on the phone taking two orders and he just has a way to get people to order things and I'm not even sure they knew what they were ordering! I mention it to him every time we talk. I'm going to call him today to talk about this option again so we'll see how it goes. He does love a challenge and LOVES being my top show! I even taunted him in February because the last host that beat him (and then he came back to beat her) was having another show. Her show ended up only being $600 but he had to call ME to find out if she beat him or not!

You know the one thing no one mentioned,Was the the feeling he would get knowing he did something totally awesome, unselfish and truly wonderful for a lot of people. Including his own wife and daughters and sisters and well, whomever he has in his life. We just had another man diagnosed at one of the local hospitals so... Even himself.
Try that angle.
I have a lady who does the same thing to me, what do I get. When I asked her to help me with Help Whip Cancer, I told her this. "Amy, I can not afford to give you anything but what is being offered as the host bonuses this month. I can give you either one free. But what I really can give you freely is a great big, huge hug from my Aunt Marion, Cousin Laura and my friends Judy, Lynn, Gloria, Colleen, Wilma and 1000s of other survivors and the people we have lost to this." She is now thinking about becoming a consultant after her June wedding as is the person she was with when I asked her and it was based completely on that statement I found out later in her e-mail to me saying to send order forms.
Maybe you won't have to bribe him at all. Maybe the warm fuzzy feeling in his heart will be enough for him.

Last edited:
John, wow.

Well that's how I feel about this.I became involved the very first year I was in which was 2001. I have made it a goal to make it to the Breakfast of Caring. Not because it is a cool thing to do but because of what I have been able to do for all these people I personally know in my life who have gone through this or not made it. There are 11 survivors and 4 not. The 4 not came early in this and have been very happy that I helped make that survivor rate go up. Now that's a WOW. I have not raised very much via Pampered Chef. My highest is $785 but I have been able to mail checks for over $1200 in donations directly to The American Cancer Society each of the last 5 years. And just so you all know, they each have gone through under the name of one of the friends I lost. This year I start with the survivors. My name never appears on the donation. I don't want that. That is not the point of it. So... Amy was so touched that she is working one a catty fundraiser as we speak. So...

John you are an amazing person! I loved both of your posts! Thanks for sharing!

"MANY OF US FEAR FAILURE TO THE POINT OF BEING WILLING TO SETTLE FOR ONE OF THE TRUEST FORMS OF FAILURE--- NOT TRYING AT ALL'
- NICOLE LABEACH PH.D

HI,

NEVER GIVE UP! A POTENTIAL CONSULTANT IS A POTENTIAL CONSULTANT TIL 1 OF 2 THINGS HAPPEN, THEY SIGN OR THEY TELL YOU NOT TO CONTACT THEM AGAIN!

MY HUSBAND & I DO ALL SHOWS TOGETHER SO WE HAVE A LOT OF GUYS STAY, DO ALOT OF COUPLES SHOWS TOO. HAVE SIGNED 4 HUSBAND/WIFE TEAMS AND 3 THE GUY SIGNES AND WIFE HELPS.

REMIND THE MEN THEY ARE AFFECTED BY BREAST CANCER 100% AS MUCH AS WOMEN. 1ST. 2% OF BREAST CANCER CIAGNOSIS ARE MEN. 2ND. HOW DO YOU THINK THE HUSBAND, FATHER, SON, BROTHER OF A WOMAN WITH BREAST CANCER FEELS? WE NEED TO HELP EVERYONE WHO IS AFFECTED BY BREAST CANCER INCLUDING THE CHILDREN.

I AM A 41/2 YEAR SURVIVOR WILL CELEBRATE THE 5'S THIS OCTOBER TURN 50 & 5 YEARS BREAST CANCER FREE. MY HUSBAND AND SONS ARE BUSY PLANNING A BIG PARTY AND TURNING 50 IS GREAT SINCE I COULD HAVE MISSED THIS MILESTONE.

BEFORE I WAS DIAGNOSED I LIFTED MY GRANDMOTHERS MEMORY WITH AN APRON TRIBUTE... SEE BELOW.

RE: PAMPERED CHEFâ HELP WHIP CANCER CAMPAIGN
MICHELLE'S PERSONAL STORY

Although I have always supported breast cancer causes, I now take the Help Whip Cancer more personally than ever and I am even more committed to this program. July 2003 while at National Pampered Chef Conference; just prior to the breakfast of caring to celebrate the success of the Help Whip Cancer program, I spoke to my Dr. and found my ductal washing showed abnormal cells needing to be watched closely, by Oct. 2003 I was diagnosed with early breast cancer.

HELPING TO PROMOTE BREAST CANCER AWARENESS HAS LONG BEEN PART OF MY LIFE. AS A NURSE I KNEW THE IMPORTANCE OF BREAST CANCER AWARENESS & EDUCATION AND OVER THE YEARS HAVE SEEN THE ADVANCEMENTS IN TREATMENT AND THE INCREASE IN CURE RATE.
AS A GRAND-DAUGHTER I WATCHED MY GRANNY BRAVELY BATTLE BREAST CANCER LOOSING HER BATTLE TO BREAST CANCER IN THE MONTH OF MAY 1993. BREAST CANCER TREATMENT HAS COME A LONG WAY SINCE THEN.
AS A WOMAN ESPECIALY WITH INCREASED RISK THRU HEREDITY I HAVE AN ANNUAL MAMOGRAHM AND DO MONTHLY BREAST EXAMS.

BEING AWARE AND EDUCATED IN BREAST CANCER SIGNS, SYMPTOMS, AND SELF EXAM LEAD ME TO BEING DIAGNOSED WITH EARLY BREAST CANCER, BECAUSE OF VERY EARLY DIAGNOSIS AND TREATMENT MY PROGNOSIS IS EXCELENT. THIS MAKES ME EVEN MORE DETRERMINED TO SPREAD AWARENESS AND EDUCATION OF EARLY DETECTION OF BREAST CANCER THRU THE PAMPERED CHEF HELP WHIP CANCER CAMPAIGN AND BY TELLING MY OWN PERSONAL STORY.

THE PAMPERED CHEF HELP WHIP CANCER CAMPAIGN BEING IN MAY HELPS ME PAY SPECIAL TRIBUTE TO GRANNY. MY FIRST YEAR AS A CONSULTANT ALSO THE 1ST YEAR OF THE HELP WHIP CANCER PROGRAM, I WROTE GRANNY’S NAME ON MY PINK HELP WHIP CANCER APRON OVER MY HEART WITH THE YEAR SHE LOST HER BATTLE. SEVERAL OTHER FRIENDS WERE BREAST CANCER SURVIVORS OR FIGHTING THE BATTLE SO I ADDED THEIR NAMES ALSO. WHEN A PERSON IS A SURVIVOR I PUT + THE NUMBER OF YEARS CANCER FREE, IF THE BATTLE WAS LOST I WRITE THE YEAR THE FIGHT ENDED. EACH YEAR I TAKE MY PINK APRON OUT IN FEB. TO HELP START TALKING ABOUT OUR HELP WHIP CANCER CAMPAIGN. EACH YEAR I DRAW A LINE THRU THE + YEAR AND ADD THE NEXT NUMBER. I EXPLAIN TO GUESTS AT SHOWS THE SYMBOLISM OF MY APRON, WHAT IT MEANS TO ME AND THAT THERE ARE MANY MORE + YEARS THAN THERE WOULD HAVE BEEN IN THE PAST BECAUSE BREAST CANCER CAN BE TREATED & CURED WITH EARLY DETECTION. I THEN EXPLAIN OUR HELP WHIP CANCER CAMPAIGN. MAY 2004 I ADDED MY NAME BELOW GRANNY’S. I NOW INVITE OTHERS TO ADD THE NAMES OF THOSE WHO ARE SPECIAL IN THEIR LIFE WHO ALSO FIGHT / FOUGHT BREAST CANCER. GRANNY HELPED ME TO DEVELOP A LOVE FOR COOKING AND I HOPE AS OTHERS ADD NAMES TO MY APRON THEY THINK ABOUT SOMETHING SPECIAL THAT PERSON BROUGHT TO THEIR LIFE CAUSING EVERYONE TO THINK ABOUT SOMEONE SPECIAL FOR AT LEAST A MOMENT.

Last edited:

What is a Pampered Chef $1000 HWC Fundraiser?

A $1000 HWC Fundraiser is a unique event where a Pampered Chef consultant partners with a non-profit organization to raise funds for a specific cause. The concept involves selling $1000 worth of Pampered Chef products, with a portion of the sales being donated to the organization.

How do I host a $1000 HWC Fundraiser?

To host a $1000 HWC Fundraiser, you will need to contact a Pampered Chef consultant and discuss your fundraising goals and needs. The consultant will work with you to set a date, create a fundraising plan, and provide all the necessary materials for the event.

Is there a minimum purchase requirement for a $1000 HWC Fundraiser?

Yes, there is a minimum purchase requirement of $1000 for a $1000 HWC Fundraiser. This amount can be reached through individual purchases or a combination of individual and group orders. The consultant will work with you to ensure that the goal is met.

What are the benefits of hosting a $1000 HWC Fundraiser?

Hosting a $1000 HWC Fundraiser not only helps raise funds for a worthy cause, but it also allows the organization to earn free products and receive a percentage of the sales. Additionally, it is a fun and unique way to engage supporters and raise awareness for the cause.

Can anyone host a $1000 HWC Fundraiser?

Yes, anyone can host a $1000 HWC Fundraiser as long as they are partnering with a non-profit organization. It is a great opportunity for schools, churches, sports teams, and other non-profits to raise funds for their cause.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• yankfan24
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
yankfan24
  • prissylovescooking
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
pampered1224
  • dme.grant