• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Qualified for My Forged Cultery

pretty amazing.Anyone who enjoys baking bread or purchases whole and artisan loaves will love it. It's...pretty amazing.
Pam6170
Which ones would you choose??

I prefer the santuko and the petite paring knife. I know the petite paring knife isn't that expensive but it is very pratical.

I'd get the santoku & chefs, for sure.
If you don't already have a bread knife, get the bread knife.
Or the boning knife if you think you'll use it.

I use that petite & regualr paring knives a lot, but I suggest buying them in April at 40% off during kit enhancement month.

wadesgirl said:
I prefer the santuko and the petite paring knife. I know the petite paring knife isn't that expensive but it is very pratical.
I would choose those two and the boning knife. I have all of them and I use those three the most. These are the ones that are different than those that people who already have good knives might have too.

Well, also the chef's knife... and the one that came in your kit (utility) - can't lose whatever you pick!

kspry said:
I'd get the santoku & chefs, for sure.
If you don't already have a bread knife, get the bread knife.
Or the boning knife if you think you'll use it.

I use that petite & regualr paring knives a lot, but I suggest buying them in April at 40% off during kit enhancement month.
That was my thought too and the reason why I mentioned I know the petite paring doesn't cost that much. If you go for bigger priced knives now you can buy the cheaper ones at 40% off later.

Santoku and Chef's - no matter which one you prefer, someone at your shows will want to see the other one. :rolleyes: For a third, hmm... that really depends on what you like to do. If you want to do a lot of garnishing, get the petite paring. If you make a lot of bread, the bread knife is soooo nice (and another good one to take to shows so people can play with it).

I forgot there was 3 knives available! The bread knife would be great, people don't realize how bad other knives are to cut bread until they use a bread knife. I've tried just regular serrated knives and they still don't work as well. I don't have the forged bread knife, just the regular one. The forged is one on my waiting list. If you like the 5" utility that came with your kit, you can always get a 2nd to keep one at home.

santoku, bread (is soooo good with heavy crusts) and utility. i would buy the paring or petite paring in april

congrats on earning your knives, and enjoy using them!

Get the three most expensive ones while they're free. You can buy the less expensive ones later during KE month.

Santoku, Chef's, and Bread knife!

Other ones you can pick up later if you want!

BTW- Be sure to get our honer to keep them nice and sharp, otherwise you will not like your knives after a while (they won't seem sharp without honing!) I hone mine every time I get them out (just so I am in the habit) but you need to do it every 2-4 uses...Once the honing isn't "working" to get the sharp edge back, they need to be professionally sharpened! I have NOT had to do that yet, though, and I use mine all the time!

When I qualify...When I qualify I was planning on getting the Santoku, Chef and Boning (for the 30 min chicken). I am getting the bread knife in green (so I can show one without showing the santoku, chef, or utility. Then I will pick up the paring knives in April.

I agree to go with the highest priced ones - my picks would be santoku, bread knife & boning. I never use my chef's knife & the others you can get in April during 40% off (thanks for the reminder everyone - I forgot we get that!!) & in your 4th month you get 40% also!!CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR QUICK SUCCESS!!!!!

I can see the rationale for getting the 3 most expensive....there's a trade-off,though. I already have a great non-PC bread knife and I couldn't see getting a 2nd bread knife.

Is it possible to get 3 santukos, for instance?

ETA - 3 chef's knives would be the best, if that is the case - $225 free

Last edited:
you're only allowed to pick one of each. i picked the 3 expensive ones.

wadesgirl said:
I forgot there was 3 knives available! The bread knife would be great, people don't realize how bad other knives are to cut bread until they use a bread knife.

So true! I'm especially delighted with my PC bread knife. Didn't realize my old knife really 'wasn't cutting it" (pun intended).

Anyone who enjoys baking bread or purchases whole and artisan loaves will love it. It's great for trimming cakes level, and splitting layers, for the cake bakers out there.

Ah, I wondered...last August when the forged cutlery was 60% off they could get 2 of the same piece.

I love, love, love my boning knife!!! When I earned it I couldn't imagine it would be that big of a deal. If I could only have 1 knife that is probably the one I would pick! Everytime I use it on meat I think... this knive ROCKS!! (I must add that my knives pre-PC were really crappy!!)

Congrats on earning them!!

DebbieJ said:
Get the three most expensive ones while they're free. You can buy the less expensive ones later during KE month.
Yep, my vote too!

Congrats! My boyfriend is a chef & he wants the Santoku over the chef's knife, but I agree w/the "get the most expensive ones".

pamperedlinda said:
Yep, my vote too!

Remember, new consultants get the utility knife in their kits. That was my first.

Then later I got the Santuko at 40% off I believe...

Then we earned the petite paring and I think the boning or I bought that...??? Can't remember.

I JUST added the Chef's Knife to my collection at 60% off - yeah!!!!!!!!!

I'd add the bread knife someday but I'm fine with the cheaper one.

If I was a new consultant though, I'd pick the Santuko, Chef's and Bread or Boning and add the paring knifes and bread or boning (whichever wasn't picked) later.

janetupnorth said:
Remember, new consultants get the utility knife in their kits. That was my first.

Then later I got the Santuko at 40% off I believe...

Then we earned the petite paring and I think the boning or I bought that...??? Can't remember.

I JUST added the Chef's Knife to my collection at 60% off - yeah!!!!!!!!!

I'd add the bread knife someday but I'm fine with the cheaper one.

If I was a new consultant though, I'd pick the Santuko, Chef's and Bread or Boning and add the paring knifes and bread or boning (whichever wasn't picked) later.
The Petite and Boning knives were earned last summer for holding two shows in June as part of the Sell-A-Thon.

I had to purchase all the knives I have, they didn't have them in the kit when I signed. I bought the Santuko knife as part of a V-day present last year and bought the Utility knife last summer when they were 60% off. I earned the other two knives mentioned above. I don't really want the Chef's knife but would love the bread knife.

wadesgirl said:
The Petite and Boning knives were earned last summer for holding two shows in June as part of the Sell-A-Thon.

Ok, yeah I did earn both then...thought I earned it and didn't buy it! :thumbup:

I LOVE when we have the nice incentives...

janetupnorth said:
Ok, yeah I did earn both then...thought I earned it and didn't buy it! :thumbup:

I LOVE when we have the nice incentives...
I love all the incentives offered! POR was my favorite but I also love the 8" SS saute pan earned last summer, SAT, etc. That's the fun part about this business.

I haven't purchased the honing tool yet and my utility knife is starting to dull, if I get it will it bring it back to it's original sharpness?? I keep meaning to buy it and just haven't yet. I wanted to wait until KE to get it.
I agree with getting the most expensive while you can. Even if you have similar knives that are non PC, you can't show those and get a sale. I think once people hold the forged knives and feel and see the quality they are sold on them!! :)

chefshawna said:
I haven't purchased the honing tool yet and my utility knife is starting to dull, if I get it will it bring it back to it's original sharpness?? I keep meaning to buy it and just haven't yet. I wanted to wait until KE to get it.
I agree with getting the most expensive while you can. Even if you have similar knives that are non PC, you can't show those and get a sale. I think once people hold the forged knives and feel and see the quality they are sold on them!! :)
Yes, it is a great investment. When a knive no longer seems sharp, it doesn't always needs sharpened but it needs honed. It was explained to me that all knives have tiny serrated teeth, you just cannot see them on straight edge knives. Over time those little serrated teeth get out of wack and they needs to be put back which is what honing does. Sharpening actually wears away at the blade and if done too much can damage a knife.

I agree with getting the most expensive ones now. You have the April KE coming up and your 4th month KE also coming up soon.

Plus, you are still in your first 90 Days, so I'm sure you will get lots more PC $$ to use for supplies and products!

chefann said:
Santoku and Chef's - no matter which one you prefer, someone at your shows will want to see the other one. :rolleyes: For a third, hmm... that really depends on what you like to do. If you want to do a lot of garnishing, get the petite paring. If you make a lot of bread, the bread knife is soooo nice (and another good one to take to shows so people can play with it).
I second what Ann says! The bolded ones are my favorite! The bread knife is one of those ones, that once you have it, regardless you sell a lot of them or not, you'll love it!!! :thumbup:
Oh and by the way ~ Congratulations! :D ;)

DebbieJ said:
I should have read Deb's post before I posted too! I soooo totally agree with this too!!! The utility is what came in your kit so you're good there! Deb is right on the money here!!!!:thumbup:

KellyTheChef said:
Santoku, Chef's, and Bread knife!

Other ones you can pick up later if you want!...

YUp - I agree

I qualified today. I have received two emails regarding qualification, and PC dollars. Neither email said anything about the knives. I am ready to order!!!

Neither email said anything about the web site either.... What do I do next?

Related to Qualified for My Forged Cultery

1. What is "Qualified for My Forged Cutlery"?

"Qualified for My Forged Cutlery" is a phrase used to describe the level of expertise and skill required to create high-quality forged cutlery.

2. What makes a cutlery qualified for forging?

A cutlery is considered qualified for forging when it meets certain criteria such as using high-quality materials, precise craftsmanship, and meeting industry standards for durability and functionality.

3. How can I tell if a cutlery is qualified for forging?

You can tell if a cutlery is qualified for forging by examining its materials, craftsmanship, and any industry certifications or endorsements it may have. Additionally, reviews and recommendations from experts or other customers can also give an indication of its quality.

4. Why is it important for cutlery to be qualified for forging?

Qualified forged cutlery is important because it ensures that the product is of high quality, durable, and functional. It also reflects the expertise and skill of the artisans who created it, making it a valuable investment for users.

5. What are some benefits of using qualified forged cutlery?

Using qualified forged cutlery can provide a better cooking and dining experience, as it is designed to be more efficient and comfortable to use. It can also last longer and retain its sharpness, making it a cost-effective choice in the long run. Additionally, it is often considered a luxury item and can add aesthetic value to the dining experience.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
scottcooks
  • Belle4562
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
confusedturtle
  • mtayloruh
  • Products and Tips
Replies