• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Opinions Wanted: Forged Cutlery Set for My Show in September

absolutely an investment!I got my knives when I started and had my own show, and I am so glad I did! They are wonderful to work with, and I can bring more than just the Utility Knife to shows.I got my Executive Cookware when we had a 60% off anything host special. LOOOOOVE every single piece and use them at shows.
Belle4562
I am having a show in September and I'm thinking about getting the forged cutlery set when I earn a 50% off item. What is everyone's opinion of the forged cultery? How would you rate it against other brands? Could you live without it, or is it something you really use all of the time? Thank you in advance for all of your honest opinions!

I love it. I have never owned better knives (& I have some top-brand knives). I use them everyday, esp the utility knife, the chef's knife & the santoku. I can't wait for my 5" santoku!!!

got rid of my Wusthof when I got the Forged Cutlery. They rock!

Absolutely a great investment. I suggest you get the set with the knife block as your 50% off item - it's a better deal than just the knives in the combo area.

I *thought* I liked the knives I had before our forged set came out. Now it sits in the basement unused!

I love, love, love our forged cutlery!

Don't forget to get a honer so you can keep it in tip top shape!

Since you would have gotten the utlity knife in your starter kit, I would recommend the Santoku knife as your next one...or, even better yet, (if you can do it $$) get the entire set with the knives, block, shears, and honer all at half off or free with your show!

LOVE them - the cookware and Knives are my absolute favorites!

BethCooks4U said:
Absolutely a great investment. I suggest you get the set with the knife block as your 50% off item - it's a better deal than just the knives in the combo area.

I agree! I think they wasted a "spot" on that page with the knives as a half off combo. (unless they were hoping hosts wouldn't notice the whole set in the catty....)

BethCooks4U said:

This is what I want to do. I just wanted to make sure that everyone loves it!! I will be spending a lot of money in Sept. - I plan on getting cookware and the cutlery set too. I'm going to be in trouble!

I LOVE our forged cutlery. It's the best stuff I have ever owned. Just like I gave away all of our Calphalon cookware I had since our wedding when I got the Executive Stuff, I no longer use ANY of my previous knives, including the self-sharpening knives from PC. I don't even really bring those to shows anymore.

I definitely 2nd the suggestions of getting the Santoku knife for sure. I use it ALL the time. Even with the 5" one that I thought I'd end up using more than the 7", it's now too small for me since I'm so used to the 7" Santoku knife. I have all the pieces of the forged cutlery collection, but rarely use the paring knives, boning knife or chef's knife.

I love it and so does my husband! :love: I was laughing the other day... we had steak for dinner and he was cutting it fr our kids... guess what he was cutting it with? My 5" chefs knife. I asked him why he wasn't using the steak knifes that we have (some cheap brand from Wally World) and he told me that my knife was the best one ever! I was proud!

I like both the 5" Chef and the 5" Santoku, but really want them all.

Anyone who doesn't like it? If so, what don't you like about it? I read here some where about the tips breaking off of the santoku knives - has this happened to anyone?

Belle4562 said:
This is what I want to do. I just wanted to make sure that everyone loves it!! I will be spending a lot of money in Sept. - I plan on getting cookware and the cutlery set too. I'm going to be in trouble!

Belle, you are doing things the smart way by buying the high-ticket items when you can get the best discount. I got my knives when I started and had my own show, and I am so glad I did! They are wonderful to work with, and I can bring more than just the Utility Knife to shows.

I got my Executive Cookware when we had a 60% off anything host special. LOOOOOVE every single piece and use them at shows.

Enjoy!

I agree with Susan!

While this may be an expense up front, I can guarantee that you will LOVE them and use them in your own home, as well as at shows. Don't forget...all of that will be a TAX DEDUCTION in the end!!

Awesome! Thanks for the reminder about the deduction!

Belle4562 said:
Anyone who doesn't like it? If so, what don't you like about it? I read here some where about the tips breaking off of the santoku knives - has this happened to anyone?

My tip broke off my first one. Called HO and got it replaced. Easy as pie.:D

Forged cutlery?!?

A-W-E-S-O-M-E!!!!!!!!!

I LOVE my knives!!! These are the BEST knives ever!! I do not promote or even talk about the knives in the sharpening case and I really don't care for the green ones, they are nice and decent, but cheap in quality compared to the Forged Cutlery!!

you will NOT regret spending money to get these knives!!

The honing tool is a must if you want to keep your knives as they are. You should "almost" insist on having guests buying knives to buy the honing tool if they want the knives to perform as they are new or better than new. The honing tool is a must !!! So says Brian from our Test Kitchen.

Chef Gilles said:
The honing tool is a must if you want to keep your knives as they are. You should "almost" insist on having guests buying knives to buy the honing tool if they want the knives to perform as they are new or better than new. The honing tool is a must !!! So says Brian from our Test Kitchen.

I agree! I tell new consultants who are adding to their kit that they need one (otherwise their utility knife will be useless soon...) and I ALWAYS suggest if a guest or host buys a knife that they get the honer. If they seem hesitant, I will tell them I will even give them 10% off. I want them to LOVE their knives, which I KNOW THEY WILL...but they need the honer to keep them performing well and keep them super sharp!

I figured if I get the kit with the block it will have everything I need to keep it in good shape. I've only been with PC 3 months so I am still building my collection, but I figured now would be the best time to get these high-ticket items.

I am the first person to admit it if PC comes out with a product I do not particularly care for, it is rare but I will admit it. I thought I didn't need the knives and figured they were all the same. Well I have a large (non PC) santoku (that I love!) and I just got my 5 inch santoku yesterday....I love it even more! It cuts everything like butter and I love the gentle curve of the blade, makes it so much easier to rock the knife as you chop or cut veggies. I never considered trying to get the set of forged cutlery, until now ;)

1. What is included in the Forged Cutlery Set?

The Forged Cutlery Set includes a 8" Chef's Knife, 8" Serrated Bread Knife, 5" Utility Knife, 3.5" Paring Knife, and a 4" Steak Knife.

2. Are the knives made of high-quality materials?

Yes, the knives are made of high-carbon stainless steel for durability and precision.

3. Can the knives be sharpened?

Yes, the knives can be sharpened using a Pampered Chef knife sharpener or a professional knife sharpener.

4. Is the Forged Cutlery Set dishwasher safe?

No, we recommend hand washing the knives for best results.

5. Is the Forged Cutlery Set covered by a warranty?

Yes, the Forged Cutlery Set is covered by a lifetime guarantee. If you are not satisfied with the set, you can return it for a replacement or refund.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kdangel518
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
ShelbyMichalek
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
  • DebbieJ
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies