• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Forged Cutlery Collection Vs. Self-Honing Knives

In summary, the Forged Cutlery Collection and Self-Honing Knives are both high-quality options for cooking and food preparation. The main difference between them is the blade construction, with the Forged Cutlery Collection featuring hand-forged, single-piece high-carbon stainless steel blades and the Self-Honing Knives having a built-in ceramic honing rod for automatic sharpening. Both collections offer individual knives and sets for purchase, and both offer high precision and control when cutting. It is not recommended to put either collection in the dishwasher, and they both come with a lifetime warranty for any defects or issues.
dkitten13
My host (and best friend) wants to know if the Forged Cutlery is really that much better than the self honing. She has several self honing and liks the combo of Forged Cutley but since some will be duplicates she is wondering if its worth it to change.

Any thoughts? Thanks!

I HATE the Knives the Honing Cases and couldn't live without my Forged Cutlery.There is a great comparison chart on CC that shows the differences. Just hold one of each in your hand and you will feel the difference--the handles, the weight.

can you let her try out a piece for awhile and see for herself?

It really depends on what you're looking for in a knife. I like one with a bit of weight behind it, so the Forged Cutlery is my choice.

If she truely wants a great quality, life time knife, the forged cutlery is the way to go. I never use anything else in my kitchen.

I like to make the investment once and enjoy the great quality. I LOVE the decision to get the forged cutlery. It's nice to have a whole set as well.

Question along those lines, Do you take a knife in a honing case with you for comparison?

I take one with me. I like them to see the difference. Plus it's great for people who say how much the loved the knives w/ sharpening cases, then I can show them this (cause I know they are at that budget level) and explain the benefit of honing. I also promote them as being great travel knives or knives for the camper, because of the special case and locking mechanism.

What is the difference between the Forged Cutlery Collection and Self-Honing Knives?

The Forged Cutlery Collection and Self-Honing Knives both offer high-quality knives for cooking and food preparation. The main difference between these two collections is the blade construction. The Forged Cutlery Collection features knives that are made from a single piece of high-carbon stainless steel and are hand-forged for durability and strength. On the other hand, the Self-Honing Knives have a unique design with a built-in ceramic honing rod that automatically sharpens the blade every time it is used, making them a great option for those who want low maintenance knives.

Do the Forged Cutlery Collection and Self-Honing Knives come in a set or can they be purchased individually?

Both collections offer a variety of knives that can be purchased individually or in a set. The Forged Cutlery Collection offers individual knives such as chef's knives, paring knives, and santoku knives, as well as different sets that include a combination of these knives. The Self-Honing Knives also have individual options as well as sets that include a chef's knife and a paring knife.

Which collection offers better precision and control when cutting?

Both the Forged Cutlery Collection and Self-Honing Knives offer high precision and control when cutting. The Forged Cutlery Collection's single-piece construction and hand-forged blades provide a sturdy and balanced feel, allowing for precise and controlled cuts. The Self-Honing Knives' unique design with a built-in honing rod also helps maintain a sharp edge, making them great for precise and controlled cutting.

Are the Forged Cutlery Collection and Self-Honing Knives dishwasher safe?

While the Forged Cutlery Collection and Self-Honing Knives are made with high-quality materials, it is not recommended to put them in the dishwasher. The high heat and harsh detergents used in dishwashers can damage the blades and handles of these knives. It is best to hand wash and dry them immediately after use to maintain their quality and longevity.

Do the Forged Cutlery Collection and Self-Honing Knives come with a warranty?

Yes, both collections come with a lifetime warranty. The Forged Cutlery Collection is backed by a lifetime guarantee against manufacturer's defects, while the Self-Honing Knives have a lifetime guarantee against any defects in materials, workmanship, or normal wear and tear. This means that if there are any issues with the knives, Pampered Chef will replace them for free.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• sillylittlechef
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
sillylittlechef
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • musicalglow
  • Products and Tips
Replies