• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can the Honing Tool Help Other Knives Besides Forged Cutlery?

In summary, a honing tool is a kitchen utensil used to sharpen and maintain the edge of a knife, made of steel or ceramic and with a ridged surface. It can be used on both forged and non-forged knives, but non-forged knives may require more frequent honing. It is recommended to use the honing tool every 2-3 times the knife is used, without the need for oils or lubricants. The honing tool should not be put in the dishwasher, but rather hand washed with warm soapy water and dried before storing.
sillylittlechef
I just received my mid season products and I am thrilled. Can you use the honing tool for other knives than the forged cutlery? I just wonder if it will do anything for other knives. I know some people will want to know that, even though I will still try to sell them the forged cutlery!

The honing tool is made specifically to fit our forged knives. It is not recommended to use them with our self-sharpening knives or any other knife. Different knives have different angles and you could end up ruining a good knife. I could be wrong, but I believe it might void the warranty on our self-sharpening knives.

Great! thanks so much. Now I have an answer before it is asked. I usually have to tell people that I'll find out and get back to them later. I usually lose the sale that way. So Thanks!

What is a honing tool?

A honing tool is a kitchen utensil designed to sharpen and maintain the edge of a knife. It is typically made of steel or ceramic and has a ridged surface that helps realign the blade's edge.

Can the honing tool be used on non-forged knives?

Yes, the honing tool can be used on both forged and non-forged knives. However, non-forged knives may require more frequent honing as their blades tend to dull faster.

How often should I use the honing tool?

It is recommended to use the honing tool every 2-3 times you use your knife. This will help maintain the sharpness of the blade and extend its lifespan.

Do I need to use any oils or lubricants on the honing tool?

No, you do not need to use any oils or lubricants on the honing tool. Simply run the blade along the ridged surface of the tool at a 20-degree angle to sharpen it.

Is the honing tool dishwasher safe?

No, the honing tool should not be put in the dishwasher as it can cause damage to the tool and the dishwasher itself. It is best to hand wash the honing tool with warm soapy water and dry it thoroughly before storing.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• itsjustCarla
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
pampered.chris
  • Kathytnt
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
jenniferknapp
  • Pampered Laura