• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Forged Cutlery Honing Tool Question. Help!

In summary, the Forged Cutlery Honing Tool should be used every time you use your knives, or at least once a week if you use them less frequently. This tool can be used on all types of knives, and to use it, you simply hold the handle firmly and move the knife down and across the honing rod at a 20-degree angle. The Forged Cutlery Honing Tool is designed to last for years with proper use and care, but it is not dishwasher safe and should be hand washed and dried before storing.
musicalglow
My friend has a set of Rachel Ray knives and was wondering if she could buy the Pampered Chef honing tool for her RR knives. Thanks!

Cindy

wel,, they say that it's only supposed to be for our knives...but I have used it on my kitchenaid Santoku just fine...

The way it was explained to me is this....

When you use the long rod that hones tools you have to get the angle just right each time. So that is the beauty of our honing tool, the little white rods are positioned in the exact spot we need them for our knives. They might not be exactly right for a different brand.
:)

If you have a type of knife that is only beveled for sharpness on one side, then you don't want to use our honer. Also, if you have those "ever sharp" knives, you can't use it on them either...but I have used our honer on many types of knives and it works great.

, thank you for your question! The Pampered Chef honing tool is not specifically designed for Rachel Ray knives, but it can certainly be used on them. Our honing tool is designed to sharpen and maintain the edge of any straight-edged knife, so it should work well for your friend's RR knives. If she decides to purchase one, make sure she follows the instructions carefully to ensure the best results. Happy cooking!

1. How often should I use the Forged Cutlery Honing Tool?

The Forged Cutlery Honing Tool should be used every time you use your knives, or at least once a week if you use them less frequently. Regular honing helps maintain the sharpness of your knives and extends their lifespan.

2. Can the Forged Cutlery Honing Tool be used on all types of knives?

Yes, the Forged Cutlery Honing Tool can be used on all types of knives, including stainless steel, carbon steel, and ceramic knives.

3. How do I use the Forged Cutlery Honing Tool?

To use the Forged Cutlery Honing Tool, hold the handle firmly and place the blade of the knife at a 20-degree angle against the honing rod. Move the knife down and across the entire length of the honing rod, applying light pressure. Repeat on the other side of the blade.

4. How long will the Forged Cutlery Honing Tool last?

The Forged Cutlery Honing Tool is made with high-quality materials and is designed to last for years with proper use and care. However, the lifespan of the tool may vary depending on frequency of use and maintenance.

5. Is the Forged Cutlery Honing Tool dishwasher safe?

No, the Forged Cutlery Honing Tool is not dishwasher safe. It should be hand washed with warm soapy water and dried thoroughly before storing.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• itsjustCarla
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
pampered.chris
  • Pampered Laura
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
lacychef
  • PamperedK