• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Use of Honing Tool w/ Other Knives - Warning!

In summary, a honing tool is a specialized tool for maintaining the sharpness of a knife blade by realigning and smoothing out microscopic teeth. It can be used on high-quality knives, but not on serrated or ceramic ones. It is recommended to use the honing tool every 2-3 times the knife is used, and to follow specific instructions for proper use. As long as caution is taken, it is safe to use the honing tool on knives.
Kathytnt
IN response to whether this can be used with other knives this is what I recevied from home office Test kitchens

-------

Unfortunately, the honing tool is intended only for pampered chef
forged cutlery. We cannot guarantee results with other knives. You may risk
ruining them because the angle of the ceramic sharpeners is
specifically designed for the pampered chef forged cutlery blades.
Damien

Thanks for the info. I had the same question posed to me at a recent show. I can now let the host know the answer.

And the same goes for other honing tools...we shouldn't use our PC knives with those.

1. What is a honing tool and how does it work?

A honing tool is a tool designed to maintain the sharpness of a knife blade. It works by realigning and smoothing out the microscopic teeth on the blade, helping to keep it sharp and effective for cutting.

2. Can I use the honing tool on any type of knife?

While our honing tool is specifically designed for use with Pampered Chef knives, it can also be used with other high-quality knives. We do not recommend using it on serrated or ceramic knives, as it may damage the blade.

3. How often should I use the honing tool on my knives?

We recommend using the honing tool every 2-3 times you use your knife to maintain its sharpness. If you notice your knife becoming dull or less effective, it may be time to hone it again.

4. Is there a specific way to use the honing tool?

To use the honing tool, hold the handle firmly and place the blade at a 20-degree angle against the rod. Starting at the base of the blade, gently slide the knife down the rod, pulling towards you in one smooth motion. Repeat on the other side of the blade, alternating sides until the blade is honed.

5. Is it safe to use the honing tool on my knives?

Yes, as long as you use the honing tool properly and follow the instructions provided. It is important to always use caution when handling sharp objects, and to keep the honing tool and knives out of reach of children.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• itsjustCarla
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
pampered.chris
  • Pampered Laura
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
lacychef
  • sillylittlechef