• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Ok, I Know This Isn't Spectacular to Some of You But...

and I am going to book for August!If she already has "one or two pieces", try to get her to have her show at the beginning of the month (to get 2 pieces), then have a friend book for later in the month and be able to get 2 more... 4 pieces in one month for 60% off... What a deal! I just used this logic with a friend who's DH wants ALL of the cutlery. She is going to have a July show...and I am going to book for August!
janetupnorth
Gold Member
I came home from work today with a message on my machine of someone who wanted to place an order. They were the sister-in-law of someone who I know that attended one of my shows (mind you I've only had 4-5 cooking shows so my customer base isn't huge!) Anyway, I called her back and she placed a $77 order (before S/H and tax) and wants me to mail her a fall catalog when they come out because she'll place an order then. I know $77 isn't much of a "surpise" for some, but for me, that is a good size order!!!! YEAH!

She also ordered the honing tool...so I picked up with...oh, you must have some of the forged cutlery...what do you have??? Cust.: I have one or two. Me: Oh, then you will LOVE our August host specials!!!!

She is going to think about maybe having a show or at least ordering in August.

:D :D :D :D

This picks me up a bit since my June 29th cooking show changed to July 6th and blew what I thought was my only change for level 1 this month. I may still be able to salvage it with my 2-3 catalog shows that are out...

That's awesome Janet!
And way to "hone in" on her needing the August specials!!!

Congrats! And way to think on your feet!

DebbieJ said:
Congrats! And way to think on your feet!

He-he - I was actually sitting on my butt while talking to her...otherwise I tend to pace and motion/gesture while on the phone - like someone can actually see me. It's quite a sight!

janetupnorth said:
He-he - I was actually sitting on my butt while talking to her...otherwise I tend to pace and motion/gesture while on the phone - like someone can actually see me. It's quite a sight!

Congrats Janet! Anytime I get an "out of the blue" order, I think it is exciting! And it puts you closer to your level 1 goal! (sorry about your re-schedule too! It sticks when something you are counting on falls thru!)
AND it's a possible booking for August! Did you tell her it includes 2 new knives ONLY available in Aug to hosts? And that she can use her host discount on top of the sale price to purchase any additional knives???

ChefBeckyD said:
Congrats Janet! Anytime I get an "out of the blue" order, I think it is exciting! And it puts you closer to your level 1 goal! (sorry about your re-schedule too! It sticks when something you are counting on falls thru!)
AND it's a possible booking for August! Did you tell her it includes 2 new knives ONLY available in Aug to hosts? And that she can use her host discount on top of the sale price to purchase any additional knives???

Thanks Becky...this gave me a little more "kick in the butt" to still try to make level one with the change. If I don't make it, I get 2 free awesome products and decent commission...

...and yes, I think I showered her with the August possibilities for her without any "pushiness"...

Woo hoo! I think that's great, Janet!

Any "out of the blue" order is a godsend! Especially in sell-a-thon month. Good for you, talking up the future host specials. :)

yeah!
$77 order is something to be excited about!
It's the "i would like to order one of those bagel spreader things" that I don't get excited about.
good job! hope she books for August!

I love that kind of calls! They don't happen often but when they do! WOO HOO!! Congratulations!

I too just recently got a call from someone who wanted to place an order. She got my name from one of my past hosts. Her order was $200! You never know!

Great job and congratulations! I would LOVE to have a phone call like that!

Very cool! What a great surprise!

No order too small ... that's my motto. :D

janetupnorth said:
Thanks Becky...this gave me a little more "kick in the butt" to still try to make level one with the change. If I don't make it, I get 2 free awesome products and decent commission...

...and yes, I think I showered her with the August possibilities for her without any "pushiness"...

If she already has "one or two pieces", try to get her to have her show at the beginning of the month (to get 2 pieces), then have a friend book for later in the month and be able to get 2 more... 4 pieces in one month for 60% off... What a deal! I just used this logic with a friend who's DH wants ALL of the cutlery. She is going to have a July show and we are going to work on her guests to see if at least two will have August shows... she'll end up completing her collection before the end of August if we can do two! (And my commissions will be MUCH nicer!)

That's SO cool!!! I always love when that happens.:)

MomToEli said:
No order too small ... that's my motto. :D
Same here!!

I Love those out of the blue calls, or when your out and about, and happen to be wearing PC stuff and someone ask for a catalog and you do not think you will get anything thing out of it and you get a phone call with someone wanting to place an order! That always makes my day!!! congrats!!

That is great!! Love those surprise orders!

...had to come back to this thread to cheer me up today. Work was busy and kind of crappy so ah, trying to dwell on the good things this week. :)

katie0128 said:
If she already has "one or two pieces", try to get her to have her show at the beginning of the month (to get 2 pieces), then have a friend book for later in the month and be able to get 2 more... 4 pieces in one month for 60% off... What a deal! I just used this logic with a friend who's DH wants ALL of the cutlery. She is going to have a July show and we are going to work on her guests to see if at least two will have August shows... she'll end up completing her collection before the end of August if we can do two! (And my commissions will be MUCH nicer!)

This is a great idea, I didn't know they could do that in the same month. WOW I learn a lot from this site

Related to Ok, I Know This Isn't Spectacular to Some of You But...

What does "Ok, I Know This Isn't Spectacular to Some of You But..." mean?

The phrase "Ok, I Know This Isn't Spectacular to Some of You But..." is often used to acknowledge that something may not be impressive or noteworthy to everyone, but the person saying it still wants to share or showcase it.

Why do people use the phrase "Ok, I Know This Isn't Spectacular to Some of You But..."?

People may use this phrase to manage expectations or to address potential criticism before sharing something that they are proud of or excited about. It can also be a way to be humble and acknowledge that not everyone will find something impressive or important.

Is there a specific context in which the phrase "Ok, I Know This Isn't Spectacular to Some of You But..." is used?

The phrase can be used in various contexts, such as sharing a personal accomplishment, presenting a project or idea, or even showcasing a product or recipe. It is ultimately up to the speaker to decide when and how to use it.

Does using the phrase "Ok, I Know This Isn't Spectacular to Some of You But..." diminish the value of what is being shared?

No, the phrase does not necessarily diminish the value of what is being shared. It simply acknowledges that not everyone will find it impressive, but the speaker still wants to share it with others. The value of something is subjective and can differ from person to person.

Is it necessary to use the phrase "Ok, I Know This Isn't Spectacular to Some of You But..." when sharing something?

No, it is not necessary to use this phrase when sharing something. It is a personal choice and can depend on the situation and the audience. Some people may find it helpful to manage expectations, while others may not feel the need to use it at all.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Lexif424
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • PCSarahjm
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
PCSarahjm
  • shanpaul