• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

I Didn't Really Know Where to Post This

In summary, the host is almost $700 closer to a $700 show and he is still collecting orders, however, one guest wants to order the honing tool and it is not available yet. The host can either wait until 10/1 to order the honing tool with another party or do an individual order. If the show is submitted as an October show, the stone sale will not be valid.
jasonmva
Silver Member
I had a fantastic show yesterday. the host is like $5 away from a $700 dollar show and he is STILL collecting order and I got one booking out of it. But I do have a question...one guest wants to order the honing tool hat becomes available 10/1. I noticed in my PP that they do not have the product number listed yet, even if I do an update. If I am closing the show the early part Tuesday or Wednesday, how can I get her horning tool on her order?

Do I have to wait until 10/1 and order it with another party? She was adiment (sp?) about paying me for it now so I have her money.

yes, you have to wait until 10-1 to order it and will need to add it to another party or do an individual order.

sorry...

Thanks for the info. I guess I could always wait until 10/1 to submit this show but then that means no "shows" in September. Decisions, decisions.

jasonmva said:
Thanks for the info. I guess I could always wait until 10/1 to submit this show but then that means no "shows" in September. Decisions, decisions.
If you submit this show as an October show the stone sale will not be valid and the host/guests get the October specials. Make sure they know that.

PC says that if a show is held in September we must use the September specials so technically you can't submit it as October.

According to the stoneware consultant flier, you have until Oct. 5 to submit. That won't change the availability of the honing tool, but if you need the time, just FYI.

Of course, that would show up on October's commission.

lisacb77 said:
According to the stoneware consultant flier, you have until Oct. 5 to submit. That won't change the availability of the honing tool, but if you need the time, just FYI.

Of course, that would show up on October's commission.
You have until Oct 5 to submit a September show for the sale of stones to count toward the consultant promotion.

You have until September 30 to submit a September show for the hosts and guests to still get the September specials but if it is dated September you can not order midseason products even if you send it in in October because they are not available for anything DATED before October 1.

Whatever you submit in October will be October commission and go toward October SuperStarter bonuses if you are a SuperStarter. Even if it is a September show.

The calendar works like this:

Hosts and guests get specials according to the date of the show.

Consultants get paid according to the date HO accepts the order.

Incentives are all given according to the "rules" of the individual incentive which are spelled out on each incentive flyer.

OK I think i got it now. Even though I submit the show in October but say it is a September show, I cannot order the honing tool right?

I guess I will just have to place an individual order for the honing tool and pay the extra money.

That kind of makes it inconvenient to me and the customer though that PC advertised the tool but not offer it til October. Why do something like that? :confused:

Well I will have to do the honing tool as an individual order and eat the amount over what she already paid me.

Is this normal for PC to do sometimes as far as giving a catalog for date x but then make some items available only at other times? I think that would make it very confusing and hard to sell when the customer can only get it starting in a certain month instead of when the catalog dates are good for.

jasonmva said:
Is this normal for PC to do sometimes as far as giving a catalog for date x but then make some items available only at other times? I think that would make it very confusing and hard to sell when the customer can only get it starting in a certain month instead of when the catalog dates are good for.
The last several seasons they have put the mid-season products in. They do have them marked with their available date but people don't seem to see that. They also have them listed in a special place in the order form to help with that but it just confuses people.

When they first added it I loved the idea - made my life easier since MOST of the season the items ARE available. But because people can't seem to SEE that they aren't available from day one I wish they'd stop.

If you don't like it be sure to email PC with the suggestion to leave them out! They do listen to us!!

Maybe they can keep them out of the catalog and then let us purchase flyers to add to the catalogs...add them in during the second "cover" printing? Or would that be too much work?

cmdtrgd said:
Maybe they can keep them out of the catalog and then let us purchase flyers to add to the catalogs...add them in during the second "cover" printing? Or would that be too much work?
We used to have midseason flyers but they'd get lost or not included when a host was doing preshow sharing of the book. Few who weren't at shows knew about the midseason no matter what I said to the host. lol

I think they should include them in the new cover printing! That's a great idea! I also think they should provide a flyer that we could somehow attach (a sticky strip?) to the catalogs we have when the midseason starts. That would make it part of the catalog.

Can't they just put them all on one page in the beginning of the catalog or something? I had one person try to order the honing tool too. I can see why they'd miss it... really they're just thinking "if it's in here, I can buy it"!

I gotta ask...I have never had a problem with this to often since they started putting them in. At shows I purposely make sure I have the list on NOT AVAILABLES yet and go over it. If someone insists on ordering then and there I tell them up front that 1) I can not place that item on the show so it will not count for the host, 2) I will not be able to order it all until May 1 or Oct 1. 3) I also tell them that I will have to collect extra shipping for the item as I may not have a show to place it on. If they still insist on ordering it, I will figure out the amount plus the EXTRA shipping and charge them that way. If I can place it on a show shortly after the first, I will simply drop a check in the mail to them. If not, I got the shipping covered by them. It can not be my problem if a customer insists on ordering ahead of time. I will not cover extra shipping no matter who it is.
Now, if I feel generaous, I may substitue an item on the host's show that is the equivalant price of the ordered item. But that's it.

Never make your problem. So make sure they understand up front about the availablility of mid-season items. This way they can't come back to you and say "but you didn't tell me that". Also remember that some people WILL JUST NOT GET IT! (Box of rocks IQ thing or the hearing as good as a doors, thing.)

pampered1224 said:
I have never had a problem with this to often since they started putting them in. At shows I purposely make sure I have the list on NOT AVAILABLES yet and go over it. If someone insists on ordering then and there I tell them up front that 1) I can not place that item on the show so it will not count for the host, 2) I will not be able to order it all until May 1 or Oct 1. 3) I also tell them that I will have to collect extra shipping for the item as I may not have a show to place it on. If they still insist on ordering it, I will figure out the amount plus the EXTRA shipping and charge them that way. If I can place it on a show shortly after the first, I will simply drop a check in the mail to them. If not, I got the shipping covered by them. It can not be my problem if a customer insists on ordering ahead of time. I will not cover extra shipping no matter who it is.
Now, if I feel generaous, I may substitue an item on the host's show that is the equivalant price of the ordered item. But that's it.

Never make your problem. So make sure they understand up front about the availablility of mid-season items. This way they can't come back to you and say "but you didn't tell me that". Also remember that some people WILL JUST NOT GET IT! (Box of rocks IQ thing or the hearing as good as a doors, thing.)
I totally agree. I do not have a problem with those AT shows - it's those outside orders! - no matter what I tell the host in coaching.

just a quick clarification...

Beth said: You have until September 30 to submit a September show for the hosts and guests to still get the September specials

I'm sure she knows this, and just mis-typed... the correct information is that You have until the end of OCTOBER to submit September shows for the guests and hosts to receive the September specials.

Use the honing tool as a reason for this guest to do an october show. Even a catalog show might get ther the honing tool for free as well as free shipping.

I have a lot more problem in the spring when people ignore the MAY 1st and think it is MARCH 1st. People notice the October/September a little more in my experience.

What is "I Didn't Really Know Where to Post This"?

"I Didn't Really Know Where to Post This" is a common phrase used in online forums or groups when someone is unsure of where to share something. It is often used as a title or subject line to indicate that the post may not fit into a specific category or topic.

Why do people use "I Didn't Really Know Where to Post This"?

People use this phrase when they are unsure of where to share something or when their post may not fit into a specific category. It helps to indicate that the post may be a bit off-topic, but the poster still wants to share it with the community.

Can I use "I Didn't Really Know Where to Post This" in any online group or forum?

Yes, you can use this phrase in any online group or forum that allows for open discussion. However, it is always best to check the group's rules or guidelines before posting to ensure that your post is appropriate and follows the group's guidelines.

How can I avoid using "I Didn't Really Know Where to Post This" in the future?

To avoid using this phrase in the future, make sure to read the group's rules and guidelines before posting. If you are still unsure of where to share something, you can always reach out to a moderator or group administrator for guidance. It is also helpful to browse through previous posts to get a better understanding of the group's topics and discussions.

Is it okay to use "I Didn't Really Know Where to Post This" as a title for my post?

Yes, you can use this phrase as a title for your post if you are unsure of where to share it. However, it is always best to try and come up with a more specific title that accurately describes the content of your post. This will make it easier for others to understand and engage with your post.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• MissChef
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
MissChef
  • HealthNut
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
sassypip
  • janetupnorth