• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Desserts Made Easy with Egg Slicer Plus!

In summary, the egg slicer plus is a great tool for slicing strawberries and other fruits. It is easy to use and can help save time.
princessmeshelle
ok, it may not be new, but it has been sitting in my drawer yelling at me "USE ME! USE ME!" every time i saw it.... so, i'm practiving my my demos fo next weekend, one of which is the Choc. Velvet Cake With Strawberries. i get to the strawberries, and i mention to my imaginary audience that we could use our wonderful forged cutlry to do this job {insert some stuff about the forged cultery and the hold and slice}, but today i'm going to show them another use for the egg slicer plus. i knew i could use it for this i just don't go out of my way to buy strawberries all the time. i think i will start to because i cut through them in about 2 min. so any one who loves fresh strawberries, i think you need to own the core & more and the egg slicer plus! just with those 2 tools i'll be having one of my favorite snacks alot more often!

hahaha. I had mine in my drawer for yrs!!! Never used it. Last week I FINALLY used it to make my strawberry torte.....and I LOVE it too......lol.

I have ruined two wires trying to do mushrooms with the eggs slicer plus.I am afraid to to do too much at a show now . I did come across a actual mushroom cutter that I just love.. I wish PC would look into something like that..

OMG! I've had 3 egg slicers over the course of the past 15 years or so, and none of them have EVER touched an egg--only strawberries and black olives! Tip...leave the green cap on, put it down on the white part and lower the wires about 2/3 of the way down. Carefully open it and then spread out the sliced parts to make a strawberry fan!

Last edited:
The way you used the egg slicer plus and the corer shows the guest that you don't need to buy expensive tools to get the job done when you are on a budget or don't have that much money at the time.

:chef:

Speaking of ruining the wires. Always make sure the strawberries are room temp. I have gone through 5 sets of wires b/c I forget to have the hostess take the strawberries out of the fridge before the show and they are too cold and hard when I slice them.

Mushrooms have hurt mine too. But I LOVE this tool!!

straitfan said:
OMG! I've had 3 egg slicers over the course of the past 15 years or so, and none of them have EVER touched an egg--only strawberries and black olives! Tip...leave the green cap on, put it down on the white part and lower the wires about 2/3 of the way down. Carefully open it and then spread out the sliced parts to make a strawberry fan!

LOL...I've gone through 2 in the past 10 years and I don't think mine has ever touched an egg either! :D

I use it all the time for strawberries, mushrooms (never had a problem with the wires), kiwi, olives.... I absolutely LOVE this tool!!

That was one of my biggest recipes last season and I show it using the core and more and the egg slicer. Takes too long with a knife.

1. How can I use the Egg Slicer Plus! to make desserts?

The Egg Slicer Plus! can be used to easily slice and dice a variety of fruits, such as strawberries, kiwis, and bananas, which are commonly used in desserts. It can also be used to slice hard-boiled eggs for toppings on cakes or as a garnish for other desserts.

2. Can the Egg Slicer Plus! be used to make desserts for people with dietary restrictions?

Yes, the Egg Slicer Plus! is a great tool for making desserts for people with dietary restrictions. It can be used to quickly and easily slice fruits for desserts that are gluten-free, dairy-free, and vegan. It can also be used to create beautiful, decorative fruit platters that are suitable for any dietary needs.

3. What are some unique dessert ideas that can be made with the Egg Slicer Plus!?

The Egg Slicer Plus! can be used to create a variety of unique and delicious desserts. Some ideas include using it to slice and layer fruit in a trifle, creating fruit kabobs, or making a fruit salad with perfectly sliced fruit. It can also be used to make fun and creative fruit pizzas or to add a decorative touch to homemade ice cream sundaes.

4. Is the Egg Slicer Plus! easy to clean?

Yes, the Egg Slicer Plus! is very easy to clean. It can be disassembled for thorough cleaning and is also dishwasher safe. Just make sure to remove any food residue from the blades before placing it in the dishwasher to ensure a thorough clean.

5. Can the Egg Slicer Plus! be used for anything other than desserts?

While the Egg Slicer Plus! is primarily marketed for desserts, it can also be used for other food preparations such as slicing vegetables for salads or sandwiches. It can also be used to slice boiled potatoes for dishes like potato salad or to create perfectly sliced onions for burgers or sandwiches.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• andrealynne719
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
kristina16marie
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • beepampered
  • Products and Tips
Replies