• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Problems With New Postcard Invitation???

In summary, the new Postcard Invites are causing blurry print problems on standard mode printers for people who print them directly. People who print in Draft mode are able to read the text, but it is not as crisp and clean as it was before. People who use a flyer instead of a postcard may have the same problem. People who save the show information and create their own invitation templates using a mail merge feature in Word are not having any problems.
DebinIA
Gold Member
Is anyone else having problems printing directly on the new Postcard Invitations? If I print in standard mode, all of the words are 'fuzzy' and if I print in Draft mode, the words are legible, but not crisp and clean.

I am wondering if this is just an issue with my printer (I've never had problems before and in fact, printed some Chocolate Bliss invites yesterday with no issues) or if PC changed the paper the postcards are made from and it is not working with jet-type printing.

Any ideas???

Sorry--I stopped mailing postcards a while ago. Mine were always getting lost!

Are you using a flyer instead? Do you put them in envelopes? I'm seriously considering this because mine are getting lost AND now with this new printing issue, it seems like the thing to do.

Have a template you'd be willing to share?

TIA!
Deb

Look in the flyers and letters ... the last post in there (I think) is the one I'm sending out for a beach-themed party.I plan to save the show information and change the clip art and other verbage to reflect other themes.There are certain theme shows that have invitation templates on CC. Certain ones don't, however ... which is why I had to make my own for the Taste of the Tropics show I'm doing.

Mostly I encourage my hosts to call and email everyone. that seems to be working. I also offer this flyer as a REMINDER, not an invitation.

Attachments

• full page show invite.doc
    33.5 KB · Views: 436
I make my own invites...they are still a post card...however, I also encourge my Host to call and/or e-mail their guests. FYI...you can make 'homemade' postcards and still mail them at the postcard rate up to a size of 6" x 4.25". If I think about it...I will attach a smaple of mine later tonight.

Postcards are THIRD CLASS MAIL and they were never getting to their recipients so I decided to keep my 26 cents.

I print labels for my postcards and affix them before giving to the host. I also encourage the host to hand them to friends, call, email and personally invite, as postcards generally get lost.

Maybe it depends on where you live, because I have never had a problem with the postcards not arriving when they are supposed to.

I do like your full page reminder Deb - it's fun.

Check in files. I updated the format. I did have to use a dark gray color instead of black for the print. It worked fine then.

Yes, I'm having the blurry print problem, too. I thought it was because I use the "fast" choice that uses less ink. It's still clear enough to read and it isn't sloppy looking. It also depends on the font and whether I use bold or not.

DebinIA said:
Is anyone else having problems printing directly on the new Postcard Invitations? If I print in standard mode, all of the words are 'fuzzy' and if I print in Draft mode, the words are legible, but not crisp and clean.

I am wondering if this is just an issue with my printer (I've never had problems before and in fact, printed some Chocolate Bliss invites yesterday with no issues) or if PC changed the paper the postcards are made from and it is not working with jet-type printing.

Any ideas???

I haven't had a chance to check out the new postcard invites, but have they changed the format from the old ones?? I mean, the name, address, etc info, is that in the same spot as the old ones? If not, could you post your template, that would be a big help to me.

Thanks for checking for me.

ChefBeckyD said:
Maybe it depends on where you live, because I have never had a problem with the postcards not arriving when they are supposed to.

I do like your full page reminder Deb - it's fun.

I just got off the phone with my Thursday host about an hour ago. She was following up with guests and many did not get their postcards this round. I know they went out with proper postage because I mailed them!!!! ...and I handed them to a teller at the post office. :(

Here is the new template. I couldn't use bold font or black ink or it was fuzzy.

Attachments

• PC_Invite_Template.doc
    32 KB · Views: 330
I was told that because there is so much information on a postcard, the scanners are "confused" and don't know what to look at, and therefore some postcards get lost. Since I send invitations for my hosts, I use the mail merge feature in Word to create my labels and I include a Postal Code field to create the bar code on the labels. Since I've been doing that, I don't have nearly the number of guests complaining that they don't receive the mailed invites. But just to be safe, I encourage my hosts to use the e-invitations as a backup and attendance has definitely been more consistent.

Mary

I saw that option on word Mary, and was thinking about losing it. I like that idea. And the idea of emailing as a back-up is good!

chefmary said:
I was told that because there is so much information on a postcard, the scanners are "confused" and don't know what to look at, and therefore some postcards get lost. Since I send invitations for my hosts, I use the mail merge feature in Word to create my labels and I include a Postal Code field to create the bar code on the labels. Since I've been doing that, I don't have nearly the number of guests complaining that they don't receive the mailed invites. But just to be safe, I encourage my hosts to use the e-invitations as a backup and attendance has definitely been more consistent.

Mary
Are you using an Address Correction service? I am digging through Word and am not finding that option. I use Mail Merge to print directly on the postcards....

Thanks for the additional info!

Thanks for the template. I have some March invites that I need to run off, I will report back whether I have any printing issues.

What are common problems with new postcard invitations?

1) Why are my postcard invitations not being delivered to the correct addresses?

A potential issue could be that the addresses were not entered correctly or completely. Make sure to double check all addresses before sending out invitations.

2) How can I fix the issue of postcard invitations being marked as spam or junk mail?

One solution could be to add a personalized message or note on the postcard, rather than just a generic invitation. This can help the invitation appear more personal and less like a mass mailing.

3) Why are my postcard invitations not generating enough RSVPs?

There could be multiple reasons for this, such as the timing of the invitation, the target audience, or the design and wording of the postcard. Consider adjusting these factors to see if it improves the response rate.

4) How can I track the success of my postcard invitations?

One way to track the success is by including a unique code or link on the postcard that customers can use when they RSVP. This can help you keep track of how many responses are generated from the postcard invitations.

5) What should I do if my postcard invitations are not generating any responses at all?

If you are not getting any responses, it may be helpful to re-evaluate your target audience and the effectiveness of the postcard design and wording. You may also want to consider using different marketing strategies or channels to reach potential customers.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• babywings76
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
babywings76
Replies
Views
tpchefpattie
  • twinkie10
  • General Chat
Replies