• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Preventing & Dealing with On Hold Orders: Tips from an Experienced Seller

In summary, every time a show with a debit card payment is submitted, HO emails the summarizer to say the payment has been declined. The summarizer has to call HO and tell them to run the card manually. Has happened 4 times total since the summarizer started summarizing shows 1.5 years ago.
KellyRedHead
I was wondering if this happens to anyone else and if it does what you do to prevent it or make it go smoother.

Every time I sumbit a show that has a debit card payment on it, I get an email from HO that says your show is on hold because the follow payment has been declined by their bank? Now 9 chances out of 10 it is fine (the money is in there) and I have to call the HO (taken time out of my schedule :mad: ) to call and tell them to run the card manually. So it then goes to the finance dept (I think) and they run it the next day.

I hate to tell people I don't take debit cards anymore. I use mine all the time and alot of people do. Anyone have any advice for me?

Thanks-

Kelly

hmmm... I haven't had that problem. I was slightly nervous closing my last show because one guest had a 400.00 purchase on her credit card. Went through just fine but you never know. I would have hated to call her, I mean what could you say? At least now I know what will happen if someones card won't go through. thanx! Sorry I don't have advice though. :(

Hmm, strange so they run it through the 2nd time and it goes through ok evertime?

I've only had about 4 shows on hold total since I started 1.5 years ago, due to lack of funds on CC declines and they've run them through 2-3 times and I have to either wait for the guest to clear a payment or something or just give me another card.

How odd for you!

I have started to ask my guests and host if they have a limit. Apparently the credit card companies have started putting a limit on accounts to protect against fraud. PC's Customer Service said it is happening a lot since the beginning of the year. I have started telling host they must call their banks that day informing them that a with drawal for $____ will be taken out today or soon by PC. It has been going fine since I made this seem as if it was standard policy. I bet I've had 10 shows so far this year "on hold" because of this new policy.

I had that happen on my last order.. they ran it manually and it still didn't go through... The guest checked her account and verified that there was plenty of money she just got paid. Why would it being a debit card make them have to run it manually?

When I called they told me that some banks (mostly local smaller banks) have to have it manually done and don't authorize distant (out of state) debits from the accts.

I live in a smaller area, not a major city. But this is very fustrating that it happens to me on every single show I send in with debit cards (just about every show)!

It is hard to call sometimes to get it cleared up, and it holds the show up too!

KellyRedHead said:
When I called they told me that some banks (mostly local smaller banks) have to have it manually done and don't authorize distant (out of state) debits from the accts.

I live in a smaller area, not a major city. But this is very fustrating that it happens to me on every single show I send in with debit cards (just about every show)!

It is hard to call sometimes to get it cleared up, and it holds the show up too!

I just had this happen too, but I just emailed HO, and requested that they rerun the card.....and it was taken care of within a day, and without having to wait on hold or be in "call-back" mode!

1. How can I prevent my orders from going on hold?

To prevent your orders from going on hold, it is important to stay organized and keep track of your inventory levels. Make sure to regularly update your inventory and remove any out-of-stock items from your listings. It is also helpful to communicate with your customers and let them know if there may be a delay in shipping their order.

2. What should I do if an order does go on hold?

If an order does go on hold, it is important to act quickly. Contact the customer and let them know about the delay in their order. It is also helpful to offer them a discount or free gift as a gesture of goodwill. Be sure to communicate with them regularly and provide updates on when their order will be shipped.

3. How can I avoid orders going on hold due to payment issues?

To avoid orders going on hold due to payment issues, make sure to clearly communicate your payment policies to your customers. Offer multiple payment options, such as credit card, PayPal, and check, to accommodate different preferences. It is also important to regularly check for any payment issues and follow up with customers if necessary.

4. What if a customer wants to cancel an on hold order?

If a customer wants to cancel an on hold order, it is important to be understanding and accommodating. Offer to cancel the order and provide a refund if necessary. However, you can also try to work with the customer to find a solution that works for both parties, such as offering a discount on their next purchase.

5. How can I prevent on hold orders from affecting my business reputation?

To prevent on hold orders from affecting your business reputation, it is important to handle them promptly and professionally. Keep your customers informed and offer solutions to any issues that may arise. It is also helpful to regularly check for any negative reviews or feedback and address them promptly. Maintaining good communication and customer service can help mitigate any potential damage to your business reputation.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Maragib
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
AnaCash
  • chefsteph07
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
chefsteph07
  • Jennie4PC