• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Have an Order Placed on Hold-What to Do?

would you like me to process the order or not? The customer said no, and cancelled the order.I just received an email from HO that one of my shows was placed on hold due to a customer's credit card that wasn't accepted. I double checked the number on the receipt with what I entered & it's the same. I tried calling the customer, but she's not home tonight. Her husband said I could call tomorrow afternoon.My question is, what do I do? Can I double check the number & see if HO can run it again? Do I get a new card number? Do I have her write me a check--not sure on this one b/c the card is already declined-don't want
pamperedgirl3
I just received an email from HO that one of my shows was placed on hold due to a customer's credit card that wasn't accepted. I double checked the number on the receipt with what I entered & it's the same. I tried calling the customer, but she's not home tonight. Her husband said I could call tomorrow afternoon.

My question is, what do I do? Can I double check the number & see if HO can run it again? Do I get a new card number? Do I have her write me a check--not sure on this one b/c the card is already declined-don't want a bad check--although I trust this person so I know she wouldn't purposely do that. My recruiter has never had a show on hold, so she wasn't sure what to do.

Last edited:
I would call the guest and say I recieved an email about your credit card and I just wanted to double check to make sure I have the # right. I had that happen and she said she had money in the account so I called PC and they said it went through the 2nd time good ;luck

You can ask HO to rerun it. I would try to get an alternate card # from the guest in case it doesn't work. If she doesn't have another card get CASH from her and have PC charge your debit card.

I have had this happen.I contact the customer directly, not the host. It's possible that it's a banking issue, but it's also possible that it's debit card being declined due to insufficient funds or an overbalance, or maybe expiration date or something else. The customer doesn't need to be embarrassed, so I contact the customer directly.You can work it out with the customer how you want to rectify it; either with a new credit card if she has one or you can decide if you will accept a check or cash.Then contact the HO and tell them how you are fixing it. If you can't get a hold of the customer directly after 24 hours, I would then contact the host. Then wait another 24 hours, and THEN if neither of you can get it rectified, then cancel the customer's order and have them process the show without it.Good luck!
Jaye

Just give the customer a call and ask her to "verify the number AND expiration date" They usually know right off the bat if it should have been declined or not. A lot of times it is an incorrect expiration date. However, with the increased use of debit cards many people do not realize that we do not run their card as soon as they give it to us. So, they check their balance and do not realize that that transaction has not already gone through and spend their $ elsewhere. She should know if she has made an error. If she still thinks that everything should be OK then have home office run the card for you again.

jaye said:
I contact the customer directly, not the host.

Sorry--I just realized I wrote that I called the host. I called the customer! I didn't want to call the host unless I needed to.

Thanks everyone! I figured I'd verify the number with her. I think I'll go ahead & ask her for another card just in case. I just wasn't sure what steps to follow since it has never happened before.

I have hard cards that were lost or stolen so they needed to be cancelled.

I've had trouble a time or two about the credit card being a debit card. There have been times that the HO has trouble with debit cards in general.

lkspeir said:
I've had trouble a time or two about the credit card being a debit card. There have been times that the HO has trouble with debit cards in general.
Ditto!! ;)

This happened to me the other night, the customer was at class when I called and spoke to the husband. He just gave me another card #, rather than making me wait for the wife. Usually when this happens, it is me transposing numbers, and I tell the customer that. I need to confirm the number, because I am afraid I mixed up the numbers. I always put it on me, so they are not uncomfortable.

This has happened to me and I called HO and they reran it and it was declined. So instead of calling the host (you don't want to ruin a possible future host (the guest)) I called the person right up and asked them if maybe the numbers were wrong and what happened. After the numbers were right, I just asked her if she had another card or could send me a check instead. She used another card and it was fine after that.

Check cardSometimes for security purposes a check card needs to be run again and it needs to be brought to the attention of the financial department.
I had that happen to me. It seemed that a specific bank always had cards declined, and it was because they needed to be entered manually and HO needed to know it was a bank check card being used as a credit card.
Debbie :D

Related to Have an Order Placed on Hold-What to Do?

1. What does it mean when an order is placed on hold?

When an order is placed on hold, it means that there is an issue with the order that needs to be resolved before it can be processed and shipped. This could be due to a problem with payment, an out of stock item, or a discrepancy with the shipping or billing address.

2. How will I know if my order has been placed on hold?

If your order has been placed on hold, you will receive an email notification from Pampered Chef. You can also log into your account and check the status of your order. If it is on hold, the status will be listed as "On Hold" with a description of the issue.

3. What should I do if my order is placed on hold?

If your order is placed on hold, you should follow the instructions provided in the email or on your account to resolve the issue. This may involve updating your payment information, providing additional information, or selecting a different item for an out of stock product. Once the issue is resolved, your order will be processed and shipped.

4. How long will my order be on hold?

The length of time an order remains on hold can vary depending on the specific issue and how quickly it can be resolved. In most cases, orders are only on hold for a few days, but it may take longer if there are complications or delays in communication.

5. Can I cancel my order if it is placed on hold?

Yes, you can cancel your order if it is placed on hold. However, we recommend trying to resolve the issue first to ensure that you receive the products you want. If you still wish to cancel, you can contact Pampered Chef customer service for assistance.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• CAPCnewbie
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
AnaCash
  • Intrepid_Chef
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Intrepid_Chef
  • Maragib