• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is Your Credit Card on Hold Again?!

In summary, the host experienced a show with few cards on it and was told by P3 that incorrect card numbers were flagged. The host has found that saying that "I just got a call that your card didn't go through. Can I check that I didn't transpose any of the numbers?" is a more gentle message.
heat123
Silver Member
This is my 2nd one in the past week and it's driving me nuts!

THis is My last show of Dec and I wanted it in before the 14th, great I transmit last night and get the dreaded "show on hold" email for not 1 but 2 credit cards this time! :grumpy:

Last show was 1 persons! It drives me nuts when this happens, cause I then have to call HO to confirm and have them run it through 1 more time, then I have to try and track down the guest whom I only met once to tell them their card was declined! I hate doing that!:yuck:

HO has a 2.5-3.25 hour wait right now! Not helping things:(

I know it's the holidays people but know your credit limits before spending won't ya!:eek:

Anyone else having this problem this month!??

Thankfully, I have not run into this. You could tell those guests that you may have written their name down wrong, or gotten their expiration date wrong, or transposed numbers before you tell them its declined...that is an easier message to deliver to someone you just met one time vs saying their card has been declined.

Sorry that you have to deal with shows being put on hold. I hope you can get it worked out ASAP. Best of luck!

I had my first one on hold this week. A girl I work with... I told her and she said that the payment maybe just hadn't posted yet. LUCKILY she wanted this stuff for Christmas and I told her the order won't ship until I have another card or check. She said she would call the CC but then brought me another card.

It was a pain though! She knew it would be close and had another card she could use! Oh well - it shipped so Yea!

I do like Kacey and leave a message that it might be my fault. I've found that customers get less defensive if you word it that way. And it may not be a funds/credit limit issue anyway - lots of cards just won't process correctly through HO.

I guess I got lucky - my show Tuesday had very few cards on it. Which could be a problem if people wrote rubber checks, but I only have to worry about 3 cards holding it up. (I'm submitting that one after work today if I don't hear from the host that she has another order.)

chefann said:
I do like Kacey and leave a message that it might be my fault. I've found that customers get less defensive if you word it that way. And it may not be a funds/credit limit issue anyway - lots of cards just won't process correctly through HO.

I guess I got lucky - my show Tuesday had very few cards on it. Which could be a problem if people wrote rubber checks, but I only have to worry about 3 cards holding it up. (I'm submitting that one after work today if I don't hear from the host that she has another order.)

I heard something about debit cards not going through at HO is that true( unless they manually run them)? I always call HO before calling the guest to have them try to run it one more time and make sure I input the right info (but P3 will now flag an incorrect #) but I just hate calling them to ask for another card!:(

I haven't experienced it myself, but there are a bunch of people who have reported that having HO run some cards manually will make them go through.

I know, and you know, that P3 flags incorrect card numbers, but our customers don't know that. Saying that, "I just got a call that your card didn't go through. Can I check that I didn't transpose any of the numbers?" is a far more gentle message than, "Your card was declined. Do you have another?" And if they insist that there are funds, then you can ask whether it's a debit card, so you know whether to pass that info along to HO so they can push it through.

chefann said:
I haven't experienced it myself, but there are a bunch of people who have reported that having HO run some cards manually will make them go through.

I know, and you know, that P3 flags incorrect card numbers, but our customers don't know that. Saying that, "I just got a call that your card didn't go through. Can I check that I didn't transpose any of the numbers?" is a far more gentle message than, "Your card was declined. Do you have another?" And if they insist that there are funds, then you can ask whether it's a debit card, so you know whether to pass that info along to HO so they can push it through.
That's a good way of putting it. I have only had to deal with 6 or less declined problems (in two years) and have always told them it's been run thru 2-3 times but it did not go through and haven't had any miffed guests so far... but your way is much nicer!:p

And if they insist that there are funds, then you can ask whether it's a debit card, so you know whether to pass that info along to HO so they can push it through.
Maybe that's what was wrong with the one I had a couple of weeks ago. It was a debit card and HO tried running it 3 times but it wouldn't work. The customer had been using it during that time and also went to her bank and couldn't find a problem with it. Good to know for the future. Thanks!

OMG, The waiting is going to kill me! I just tried calling both, they only left home #s, so If I cannot get ahold of them by tommorrow, there goes the deadline guarentee for X-mas shipping and a few of the guests really wanted their items before then! :( And that's why I pushed the host to close yesterday! This totally sucks!

So P3 will recognize an incorrect CC number? I didn't know that. Even though we have not submitted the show yet, it can tell if a # is incorrect?

I had 2 declined credit cards on a show this week - and they were both my fault! I had the wrong exp. date for both of them!:grumpy:

mpkegley said:
So P3 will recognize an incorrect CC number? I didn't know that. Even though we have not submitted the show yet, it can tell if a # is incorrect?
Yes. There's an algorhythm to determine whether a CC# is valid. At least that it is a legitimate number - not whether it's good. :) It has to do with certain digits compared to others, etc. I don't know the actual rule, but there's a similar one that's used to check doctor's DEA numbers on prescription pads (I worked at a pharmacy one summer in college). The CC# check is built into P3. If you mis-type a card number in such a way that it's not a good number, it will tell you.

So hypothetically, let's say a cc card is declined and they decide to cancel at the last minute and it affects the host level... what happens then?? Just curious, never had that happen or heard of it happening before?

heat123 said:
I know it's the holidays people but know your credit limits before spending won't ya!:eek:
The first time I was a PC guest my card didn't work. It was a debit card, I had over $5K in the account. Problem was on PC's end.Be careful about adopting the attitude that your customer is at fault or somehow careless. She will hear that in your voice, no matter what you say.And there's always the possibility that her spouse may have just bought her a big-ticket Christmas present and she doesn't know the account is over the limit!

Last edited:
I have had 2 shows on hold this week. One was my fault, wrong exp date. The other one I had to call the customer 4 times and they insisted the credit card should go thru. I had all the right info. I had Pampered Chef try it 4 times and it didn't go thru then call the customer back. She started to get annoyed with me. The first 2 times I said I just wanted to verify the info incase I made a mistake. It turns out they had a pre approval from the credit card company for a large charge and it was only good for 24 hours. It finally went thru this morning Yah!!! It was not alot of fun. Sent in an additional 4 shows today.

I got ahold of one guest and she said it already went though to her acct in the amount specified??? I put another call into HO but still am waiting for another 1.5 Hours!
Maybe it was a debit card and she put in the $$$ to cover it? I told her I would call back if there more problems??

Thank goodness both were finally approved! Last show for Dec in by the 15th shipping and commission deadline! Yeay!

I had a host last week put almost a $1000 on her debit card to pay for the show. She had all of the outside order customers and the co-host pay her for their orders. I was holding my breath for days waiting for that dreaded e-mail. Thankfully it went through fine!

1. How can I make the most of a show on hold?

The best way to make the most of a show on hold is to use this time to connect with your customers. Reach out to them through email or social media and offer personalized cooking tips, recipe ideas, or product suggestions. You can also use this time to update your inventory and prepare for future shows.

2. What should I do if my host cancels the show?

If your host cancels the show, reach out to them and ask if they would be interested in rescheduling for a later date. If they are not able to reschedule, offer to convert the show into an online or catalog show. You can also reach out to your other customers and see if anyone is interested in hosting a show in the future.

3. How can I keep my customers engaged during a show on hold?

One way to keep your customers engaged during a show on hold is to offer them a special discount or promotion on their next purchase. You can also host a virtual cooking class or demonstration for your customers during this time. Additionally, you can share product updates or new recipes with your customers to keep them interested and excited about your products.

4. What can I do to make up for lost sales during a show on hold?

If you are experiencing lost sales due to a show on hold, you can try offering a limited-time discount or promotion to your customers. You can also reach out to your host and see if they would be interested in rescheduling for a later date or converting the show into an online or catalog show. Additionally, you can focus on promoting your products through other channels, such as social media or email marketing.

5. How can I stay motivated during a show on hold?

During a show on hold, it's important to stay motivated and focused on your business. Use this time to update your product knowledge, reach out to potential hosts or customers, and organize your business materials. You can also set goals for yourself and create a plan for how you will achieve them once your show is back on track. Remember to stay positive and stay connected with your team for support and motivation.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefann
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
dannyzmom
  • mmilus
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • pamperedkel