• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Preparing for a Kitchen Show: Tips & Tricks

In summary, the top tips for preparing for a kitchen show are: familiarize yourself with the products, plan your menu carefully, practice your presentation, prepare your shopping list in advance, and set the stage for success by creating an inviting atmosphere.
PamperedJess
Can anyone give me some advice on how to start a kitchen show? I feel like I've been flying by the seat of my pants with some of my shows and I would like to be more prepared. Does anyone take note cards with info on them? If so please let me know the outline of your shows. I have one in October that I'm really nervous about. It was suppose to be about 10 people well now it's about 25 and I'm totally excited but scared.

I have 15-20 minutes of social time, then have the host gather everybody together with an "Okay, come sit down, let's get started." I've tried to greet each guest personally and chat a moment with them during the social time, but I still do the "Go around the room, introduce yourself and please give me one word to describe (the host)." Sometimes people say things that are really sweet and the host cries; sometimes they tease her...but either way it gives you a good feel for your crowd. Then I introduce myself (about 3 minutes) and wrap up with, "And now let's get to the food!! (Host) chose a delicious recipe for you tonight called..."

Thanks that's a good way to start.

What are the top tips for preparing for a kitchen show?

1. First and foremost, familiarize yourself with the products. Make sure you understand the features and benefits of each item so you can confidently demonstrate and answer any questions from your guests.

2. Plan your menu carefully. Choose recipes that showcase a variety of products and are simple to prepare. This will give your guests a chance to see the products in action and also make it easier for you to multitask during the show.

3. Practice, practice, practice! Set up a mock kitchen show for your family and friends to get comfortable with the flow of the presentation and to make sure your timing is on point.

4. Prepare your shopping list in advance and make sure you have all the necessary ingredients and supplies. This will save you time and stress on the day of the show.

5. Don't forget to set the stage for success. Make sure your kitchen is clean and clutter-free, and create an inviting atmosphere with decorations and music. Also, have plenty of catalogs and order forms on hand for guests to browse and place orders.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Christa
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Gina M
  • cttdbreeves
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
cttdbreeves
Replies