• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Tips for My First Kitchen Show: Overcoming Nerves

The biggest thing I found is to have fun with it. I always make sure to have a few laughs on my show because it makes it a lot more enjoyable. And lastly, eat something before the show so you're not starving and nervous!
katsev
I am having my first Kitchen Show this coming weekend. I am very nervous:eek: Does anyone have any tips for getting through my first show??

Thanks!

katsev said:
I am having my first Kitchen Show this coming weekend. I am very nervous:eek: Does anyone have any tips for getting through my first show??

Thanks!

I use cue cards. I find they help me stay on track... it's pretty generic, so they can be "adapted" to your needs.

The biggest thing is not to get discouraged if you have a chatty crowd. Sometimes they'll get to talking but you can just politely say "if I could just have a few more minutes of your time" they usually quiet right down.

I find holding cue cards helps me "not" lose my place when I'm asked a question or the party gets a little side tracked, I just don't turn the page until I'm ready to talk that card.

Have fun!

Attachments

• Cue Cards2.doc
    30.5 KB · Views: 347
My big one would be to eat before hand and breathe throughout. My adreneline was going so bad, when I finished and got home my entire t-shirt under my sweater was soaked! I was also shaking afterwards as I hadn't ate before the show, so try to force yourself to eat something :)

1st show last Fridayi just had my first show on Friday. I was nervous even though it was for friends. After I started going though I loosened up. i really didn't have any flow to my show but I did manage to cover the collections like SA stoneware and cookware. plus I had the guests participate, with tesimonials and hands on use of the product. I had the host cut strawberries with the egg slicer plus and I have one on an order form from a different guest. My over all suggestion is to just have fun, That is the way I relaxed, I got everyone to laugh. hope that helps

Practice the recipe and talk through it. Have a few funny remarks ready to go if you "mess up" -- such as, "We call it Pampered Chef, not Perfect Chef for a reason" or "Hey, if you think you can do this better than me, then you should be a consultant, too--and let's talk after I'm done!" Make sure you're laughing at yourself. Also, do be sure to eat before-hand like the other poster said. It helps a lot! Wear comfy shoes, too!

When I did my first few shows, I hated the idea of actually using my show outline / cue cards. I had them there in case I was lost or couldn't think of anything to say.I actually typed up a full outline with sample sentences and stuff for my last show and it worked really well. The guests don't mind or even notice that you're reading off of a piece of paper and you make sure you say everything you need to. At my first "real" show, I forgot a LOT and was really disappointed (even though it was a $900 show!) but at my last show, I felt much more comfortable and said everything I needed to.Definitely dress in layers. Some people keep their houses really warm so you want to be sure you're wearing something that will keep you cool if it's hot and have a sweater in case it's cold.

I fill my apron pocket with chocolate kisses and tell everyone before I start to say "I got it" and how they use it whenever I hold up something or talk about something. They catch on quick when you throw the first kiss to the first person that responded. Let your guest sell your products for you.

What can I do to calm my nerves before my first kitchen show?

Before your first kitchen show, it is completely normal to feel nervous. To calm your nerves, make sure to take deep breaths and remind yourself that you are well-prepared. You can also try some relaxation techniques, such as meditation or progressive muscle relaxation, to ease any tension in your body. Additionally, practicing your demonstration and familiarizing yourself with the products can help boost your confidence.

How can I engage with my audience and overcome my nerves?

One of the best ways to engage with your audience and overcome your nerves is to be authentic and genuine. Share your personal experiences with the products and let your enthusiasm shine through. Remember to make eye contact, smile, and use positive body language to connect with your audience. You can also encourage interaction by asking questions and actively listening to their responses.

What are some tips for staying organized during my kitchen show?

To stay organized during your kitchen show, make sure to have all your products and materials set up before the show starts. Create a checklist of the items you will need and check them off as you go. It is also helpful to have a designated area for used and clean products to avoid any confusion. Lastly, keep a schedule or timer to stay on track and ensure that you cover all the important points during your demonstration.

How can I handle unexpected situations or mistakes during my kitchen show?

Even with careful preparation, unexpected situations or mistakes can occur during your kitchen show. The key is to stay calm and handle them with grace. If a product breaks or spills, have a backup on hand and continue with your demonstration. If you forget something, take a deep breath and refer to your notes. Remember to stay positive and keep the show moving forward.

What is the best way to follow up with guests after my kitchen show?

Following up with guests after your kitchen show is crucial for building and maintaining relationships with them. Send a personalized thank-you note or email to each guest, including any special offers or promotions. You can also reach out to them on social media or through a phone call to check in and see if they have any questions or feedback about the products. This will not only show your appreciation but also encourage future purchases and referrals.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• cttdbreeves
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
cttdbreeves
  • deliciousdiva
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
nikked
Replies