• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Posting Catalogs on Doors - A Good Idea?

I say it cant hurt right?If you are going to do this and want to save money, I suggest giving out last season catalogs with the little sticker that says to call/email you for a new one (you can get the poem somewhere on this website) or use the mini catalogs. Well, I am just starting out (SS2) so I don't have any old catalogs but I have TONS of current catalogs. I want to get my name out there and get more bookings. Tina, I agree that it doesn't hurt....right?I just finished SS3 and I dont have any old catalogs either.. so I feel its better than nothing.. unless we do
redd3708
I've been thinking about posting some PC catalogs on my neighbors' door. Is that a good idea?

I've been a little hesitant because my neighbors never really talk to one another (including me)....not really sure why that is. So I am afraid that I'll just be wasting catalogs if I did that. Not only that, what if they do want something but don't want to ask me? Am I being to anylitical?

Do you think leaving a catalog would hurt? I live on a overseas Military base so I'm always afriad to bother people. Alot of the people here are busy.

What do y'all think?

Christine I'm interested in knowing the same thing (just ordered the catalog door bags from Nancys).

I dont speak to my neighbors either. Are you planning on putting a flyer in there?

I say it cant hurt right?

If you are going to do this and want to save money, I suggest giving out last season catalogs with the little sticker that says to call/email you for a new one (you can get the poem somewhere on this website) or use the mini catalogs.

Well, I am just starting out (SS2) so I don't have any old catalogs but I have TONS of current catalogs. I want to get my name out there and get more bookings.

Tina, I agree that it doesn't hurt....right?

I just finished SS3 and I dont have any old catalogs either.. so I feel its better than nothing.. unless we do the flyer they have on here for the neighborhood and just put that and say call me for a new catalog and I'll put on on your door or something like that.

I dont have many in my development (maybe 10) so I may just suck up the cost and give them all a catalog. Cant hurt! Let me know how you do Christine (are you going to conference?)

With a small group, the full catalogs won't cost you too much. I have about 75 houses in my neighborhood and would rather buy 3 sets of the mini catalogs ($9) versus the full-size version at $39-42. Just my two pennies...

redd3708 said:
I've been thinking about posting some PC catalogs on my neighbors' door. Is that a good idea?

I've been a little hesitant because my neighbors never really talk to one another (including me)....not really sure why that is. So I am afraid that I'll just be wasting catalogs if I did that. Not only that, what if they do want something but don't want to ask me? Am I being to anylitical?

Do you think leaving a catalog would hurt? I live on a overseas Military base so I'm always afriad to bother people. Alot of the people here are busy.

What do y'all think?

You may want to find out the base rules before you do this, some bases don't allow solicition of any kind to include flyers and catalogs. However, I hope that is not the case for you, I just remember reading a post a while back about someone who had been doing this and got in trouble by the base.

I agree that if you are going to do this, use old catalogs...but you never know who you might run into and who will want to host, it's okay if they say no and what you might want to do is go door to door and find someone who will host a show, once you have that you can go to the rest of the houses and invite them to that show...I have heard that this works well, I just haven't tried it.

I did this once.......and didn't get a single response.

I did this last fall - 50 old catalogs from teh previous season in soor-bags from Nancy's - a flyer with each offering 10% off...got only one call asking for a Corer :(

TinasKitchen said:
I dont have many in my development (maybe 10) so I may just suck up the cost and give them all a catalog. Cant hurt! Let me know how you do Christine (are you going to conference?)

No I am not going to the conference. I want to see how well I do with PC before I spend all my money on that. Although, I'd love to go. I've been to conferences for other things and had a blast. I bet the PC conference is kick a$$. *grin*

cmdtrgd said:
If you are going to do this and want to save money, I suggest giving out last season catalogs with the little sticker that says to call/email you for a new one (you can get the poem somewhere on this website) or use the mini catalogs.

I keep hearing about these! But are they a full catalog? Do any of you have a picture? I'd like to see one. Thanks!

Unfortunately I don't have a picture, but they are about 4 inches by 7 inches and have the new Spring products. They come out with the mini catalogs to showcase the new products each season. At first I wasn't sure why to use them. There are a few good reasons. 1. They can be mailed! 2. They are cheap! You aren't out a lot of change each time you give one out and don't get anything in return 3. They are another cheap way to get your name out there 4. They are great for the people who "have everything from PC"!!!

My two cents just a thought what about persoanlly going to there door and talking to them about it or maybe while they are out walking the dog or while the kids play, the kids playground is prime territory, I have even just stopped in the hair salon and left a book or two with some of the stylest and they ate that up I am not afraid to ask or talk about the pampered chef products

I want to talk to people about PC but I don't want to seem pushy. I bring it up in some conversations when I meet new people and they don't seem very interested. So I don't say anything else about it. If they were interested they would ask me for my information, right?

Yes, I have some people try to chance the subject as fast as possible and others that imeditately say Oh do you have a catalog?

I just distributed some yesterday in 2 different subdivisions. I used 50 doorbags from Nancy's, old catalogs with the labels, some mini-catalogs, and the neighborhood flyer for this website. So far, no calls. I did meet one lady who happened to be on her porch when I went by and am hoping she may call. She had hosted before and seemed very interested, but not committed yet. Will let you know if I get any responses.

Jeanie

canvassing with cattys may not produce a whole lot the first time!

I did the Avon thing~ hanging catalogs every two weeks. They told us it can take up to six attempts before anyone will call you for an order, making sure you stick around as a consultant before they give you any business.

So don't give up if this was just your first attempt! Keep hanging old cattys if you have them and someone is bound to call!

1. How do I securely post catalogs on doors?

To securely post catalogs on doors, we recommend using removable adhesive hooks or clear tape to avoid damaging the door. Make sure to use enough hooks or tape to evenly distribute the weight of the catalogs.

2. Can I post catalogs on any type of door?

While you can post catalogs on most doors, we recommend avoiding glass doors or doors with a lot of traffic, as they may not hold the weight of the catalogs or may be easily knocked down.

3. How many catalogs should I post on each door?

We recommend posting no more than 5-10 catalogs on each door to avoid overwhelming potential customers. Additionally, make sure to leave some space between each catalog for a clean and organized look.

4. Is it okay to post catalogs on doors in shared or public spaces?

If you are posting catalogs on doors in shared or public spaces, make sure to get permission from the building owner or manager first. You may also want to include a small note or sign with your contact information in case anyone has questions or wants to place an order.

5. How often should I check and restock the catalogs on doors?

We recommend checking and restocking the catalogs on doors at least once a week. This will ensure that they are always available for potential customers and that they are not damaged or removed by weather or other factors.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• erinhoward
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
janezapchef
  • pampered1224
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
pampered1224
  • jesusluvsu2005