• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Dealing with Damaged Catalogs: What to Do?

different color than the rest. I don't know if they sent me a defective batch or what, but I definitely want new ones.You should definitely get new ones!
pampered1224
Silver Member
Well, I got my change over kit, sample order and a couple days ago I got my supply order. I have 125 S/S catalogs. But get this, 38 of them are damaged. On the back where it reads, Please recycle, these catalogs are torn, some 1, some 2 and most 3 pages in. On about 5 the pieces are completely missing but most are curled up, about 1" up from the bottom of the page and about 1/2 inch wide. Now, I was once told to make sure that when I pack my guest packs, I need to use new catalogs so I am thinking I do not want to use these as it implies that I do not take care of my stuff. I am afraid people might think that I don't care about my business or take care of my customers if I do use them. So any ideas as to whether I should or should not use them for customers? I will use some to give to people I know who will understand but that will still leave me with about 25 that I would want to use. Or should I simply put a piece of tape on them and use them? I did let HO know but I did not ask specifically for replacements as I am curious as to what they might do, if anything. But I thought I should say something if the printer is messing these up. They cost to much to get damaged goods in my opinion.

Oh SERIOUSLY ask for replacements. It's probably FedEX's fault. There is no excuse!

Ask for replacements!

Don't use them unless you think they are okay. You might want to save a couple to use to cut out product pictures (I need to do this sometimes for bridal showers). Recycle the rest.

Nope was not FedEx. All the plastic wraps and boxes were in place and most of the damaged ones were inside the stacks. Not the outer catalogs. That is why I am very sure they came from the printers that way. Well, I will see what happens when HO Responds. I do need some for cut outs and I know too that I can give one to mom, my sister-in-laws, my sister, my best friend, and actually quite a few others too so... They won't go to waste I am just concerned because I wonder how many other consultants got bad catalogs. You all need to check and let HO know. If there is a problem with this printer, they need to know about it. For our sake!

they will replace anything that is damaged. I have had SBRCs get banged up in the box and they always replace them.

John, you need to call and let HO know about those catalogs. They will do a replacement and they might just tell you to toss them (of course what you DO with them is up to you). If you don't do the adjustment they won't know to check other supplies and talk to the printer about it.

Thanks Beth I will do that. Oh and I finally have some money and will be mailing out the recipe card holder! It is hard not having a job!

John -

I reported a problem with the Holiday Mini to HO (there was a big blob of blue ink on one of the inner pages - in three different packs!). They sent me replacement minis with no problem. :)

Cool that's good to know! Who knows, maybe I will get a package!

I agree with everyone else. Get them replaced :).

Here's what happened! Isn't that awesome!

I even did in the original e-mail, tell them they did not need to replace them!

Dear John,

Thank you for contacting The Pampered Chef. We are sorry to learn that you received 38 defective catalogs in your Changeover Kit, and appreciate you bringing this to our attention. Since these come in packs of 25, we have processed an adjustment to replace two packs for you.

Your adjustment request has been processed for the shipment. Your reference number is 5432124. The replacement packs of 2010 Spring/Summer Catalogs (#KA04) are scheduled to ship within a few business days. The damaged 2010 Spring/Summer Catalogs (#KA04) are not required for return, please discard the merchandise.

Thank you,

That is awesome that they are sending out 2 new packs to you. Let's hope and pray that these are all good.

My changeover kit is scheduled to arrive tomorrow. I'll have to check them all out for sure now!

I opened the pack of catalogs in my changeover pack today, and found the same sort of problem that John did. When I called HO, they're sending a call tag for mine, and sending me new ones.

Mine in my changeover kit were a mess as well.

Make very sure you let them know. This means their printers are sending out garbage! And that is not good for our business. The way our supplies look is a general reflection on us.

1. How do I report a damaged catalog?

To report a damaged catalog, you can contact our customer service team at 1-800-999-3436 or email us at [email protected]. Please provide your name, account number, and the catalog number that was damaged.

2. Can I still use a damaged catalog?

Yes, you can still use a damaged catalog. However, if the damage is significant, such as missing pages or torn covers, we recommend requesting a new catalog to ensure the best shopping experience for you and your customers.

3. What should I do if a customer receives a damaged catalog?

If a customer receives a damaged catalog, please apologize for the inconvenience and offer to replace it with a new one. You can contact our customer service team to request a replacement catalog to be sent directly to your customer.

4. How long does it take to receive a replacement catalog?

It typically takes 5-7 business days for a replacement catalog to be delivered. If you need a replacement catalog sooner, please contact our customer service team for expedited shipping options.

5. Can I return a damaged catalog for a refund?

No, we do not offer refunds for damaged catalogs. However, if you are unable to use the damaged catalog, we can send you a replacement at no additional cost.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pamperedchef.jinni
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
raebates
  • taterbug
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
taterbug
  • kam