• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Idea About Catalogs, What Do You Think?

In summary, Amanda Amanday is considering putting her catalogs in hard binders and then putting them in plastic folders with order forms, wedding registry, and door prize slip. She has stickers from her Booster club to decorate the folders. She hopes this will help her to avoid buying as many catalogs and to have extras on hand. She found that people still wrote on the catalogs and the show copies ended up looking like trash.
jesusluvsu2005
Okay, I'd love some opinions here. I'm thinking of taking about 15 or 20 of the catalogs that I get in my changeover kit and putting them into hard binders and each page in a sheet protector. I am thinking this would help save me from buying as many catalogs and it would help the ones I use more than once not look so worn. I would have a few catalogs on hand in case anyone wanted to take one home. What do you all think? Anyone else done this? Pros and cons? Anyone know where to buy about 500-600 sheet protectors at a good price if I do this? Thanks!
God bless,
Amanda

Amanday, I do this!! I don't put them in hard covers but I put them in plastic folders. I put the monthly hostess specials in the front pocket and I put the order form, your life your way, wedding registry and door prize slip in the back. I have Pampered Chef stickers and other stickers from the Booster that I have decorated the folders with.
This is such a life saver b/c you don't go through so many catalogs per season as everyone isn't taking one and you have extras onhand if they need/want one.
I don't but them in the binders b/c they are heavy and they will take up more space.
I hope this helps!!

I tried doing it this season, although mine weren't in page protectors because it would have tripled the space they took up. I found that people still wrote on the catalogs and the show copies ended up looking like trash. And everyone still asked for one to take home. I saved no catalogs, and actually had more to carry to shows because I had to take the show copies and the ones for people to keep.Also, as a customer, seeing a catalog in page protectors always made me wonder how well the consultant was doing, if she had to guard her catalogs like they were gold. It wasn't a good recruiting message to send.

The first thought is that is a LOT of work!

I do this for events, with ONE catalog for people to leaf thru. I give them old cattys to take. It works well for the events for people who want to order, and I am not losing anything by giving them an old catty.

HTH!

I put my catalog in page protectors and put them in folders. Looks much nicer, less worn and are not thrown away. If someone asks for a catalog I give it to them. However less catalogs end up in the trash which is good for me!

I did this last fall and it was a pain in my back....literally! They are heavy and I found that people would still ask to take a catalog home.....I changed back to just carrying plain ole catalogs in the Spring!

I put 1 catalog in page protectors each season for my personal use, so I don't keep paging through my piles of "new" ones. I bought page protectors at Office Max and then found them WAY cheaper at Costco...

GourmetGirl said:
I put 1 catalog in page protectors each season for my personal use, so I don't keep paging through my piles of "new" ones. I bought page protectors at Office Max and then found them WAY cheaper at Costco...

I do this at home for when I'm on the phone. Otherwise, I my first though would be like Di's - a lot of work. We need to make our jobs look easy! I found project binders at Dollar Tree 6 for $1. They just have a clear plastic cover with a slip on binder. This helps to keep my catalog looking nice from being in my bag all the time.

You could also try these:
C-line® Polypropylene Antimicrobial Magazine Cover, 25 Covers per Box CLI56147

I did this last fall...my customer's loved it. I didn't have a problem with folks still wanting a catalog to take with them (I referred them to my website). That said, it took HOURS to do this...and I mean HOURS (not two, not three, not four).

I honestly haven't decided if I want to do this again. I do love the idea of at least putting MY copy in document protectors.

I am going to do this for my own copy. My S/S one is pretty sad looking from my flipping through it so much. I tossed around the same idea of doing this for shows, but decided it would be a pain to do, cost $ and the time, and then I'd have to update it seasonally. I think customers like to be able to write on and circle things also, and then take home the copy that they made notes in as well. :)

I do have 3 copies in page protectors for fairs. Since I don't hand out current catalogs at fairs, they give attendees something to look through if they're placing an order.

I tried this with the last two seasons. I am not doing it in the future.

I had to carry one extra bag with me each time. It takes a tremendous amount of time to prepare the folders each season. I'm not really sure that there was a benefit to having this them in folders with sheet protectors was ???

I have also tried the lapboards.

I am trying to simplify my business -- do more with less.

All catalogs and order forms are name stamped regardless of what method I use. Now I am trying catalog, order form, pen. Host specials are in a sheet protector or plastic stand.

There is a D in my extended cluster somewhere that does this and she LOVES it! She does PC full-time (12-16 shows a month) and said she only goes through 200 hundred or so catalogs a season with this method. If you want more specific info about how she does it, I can look through my notes and find it... or I can give you her email.

1. What are the benefits of having a physical catalog for Pampered Chef products?

Having a physical catalog allows customers to browse and shop at their leisure without needing an internet connection. It also allows for a more tactile and visual experience, as customers can see and feel the products before purchasing.

2. Are there any new products featured in the latest Pampered Chef catalog?

Yes, the latest Pampered Chef catalog features new and innovative products that are constantly being developed to make cooking and meal prep easier and more enjoyable for our customers.

3. How often are new catalogs released for Pampered Chef?

Pampered Chef releases a new catalog every season, so approximately 4 times a year. However, there may also be special editions or mini catalogs released throughout the year.

4. Can I order products directly from the catalog?

Yes, you can order products directly from the catalog by contacting your Pampered Chef consultant or by placing an order online using the product codes listed in the catalog.

5. Is there a digital version of the catalog available?

Yes, Pampered Chef offers a digital version of the catalog on our website for easy browsing and shopping. You can also download and save the digital catalog for future reference.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• beepampered
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
cochef
  • redsoxgirl
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
jrstephens
  • winklermom