• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Advice Needed: Giving Out Catalogs to a Friend of My Neighbor

In summary, the person is asking for more catalogs, but the author is not inclined to give anymore out due to a busy show schedule.
Christ Follower
Gold Member
Okay, Normally I don't have too big of a problem giving out catalogs but...
I met a friend of my neighbors in May and she wanted some catalogs so she could collect orders. She didn't want to commit to an actual show but thought she could help me out collecting orders. I gave her about 4 but she wanted more. I gave her 3 more. I never heard from her again. (I know, I should have got her info. but I didn't! My bad.) So I finally got her number and called her yesterday to see if she was able to collect any orders (or if she had any of my 7 catalogs to give back--I'm running low). Not only did she not collect any orders, she wants more catalogs!!! I have about 6 shows for July so far and am starting to get stingy with my books. (at least with this lady). What do I do???:confused: She doesn't want to have a cooking show and when I mentioned a catalog show, she said, "maybe but I'll have to find out who has your catalogs.." I guess she's just been leaving them at the gym and at the office or something. Is this good or bad? I don't want to keep giving her catalogs for nothing. Need advice please!

The nerve of some people!

Do you have any old catalogs? Maybe you should send her old ones with the "old catalog" poem on the front. Then if she leaves them at the gym, you're not out "good" ones.

Do you have a website? I would make her up a flyer that she can hand out with the instructions for them to go to your website and order towards her show. This way, you can keep track of orders being placed as well!

No more catalogs for her!

I wouldn't give her more, but that's me. Especially if no orders are coming your way. Maybe you could explain that you have to buy those as part of your business, and since you are expecting a busy month you need to have plenty on hand.

I don't know... this is a tough one. I might look at it like the catalogs that she is leaving out in public places have my name on them so she may in turn actually be advertising for me. You could also try to recruit her!

I'm torn. Every catalog out there with my contact info on it is another chance for a new customer to call or visit my website. However, catalogs aren't free. I think the idea of giving her some older catalogs is a good one.You could always tell her that you've decided to not hand out catalogs unless someone is committed to doing a catalog show.

Just tell her you need the ones you have for your busy show schedule, and give her your website address. Have you asked her specifically what she does with them? It may be awkward to ask that, now. If you haven't gotten any sales from random catalog shoppers then don't give any more.

No, I don't have any old catalogs, but that's a really great idea.
No, I don't have a web-site yet. I probably will after conference though. I was waiting for the sting of the conference expense to wear off before getting the web-site. I don't know...
Maybe I'll go ahead and tell her that she needs to commit to a catalog show before I can give her more due to a busy July. It's all about how to word it without sounding rude. I hate this!

You just did.

I appreciate you wanting to help me out by passing out catalogs. However, I'm a fairly new consultant and don't have a lot of extras right now, due to a full show schedule. If you'd like more, I need to know that I'll get some orders from them - when can we close your catalog show?

Think of it this way. In many stores you have to pay to receive their catalog.

1. How should I approach my neighbor's friend about giving them a Pampered Chef catalog?

The best approach is to simply introduce yourself and explain that you work for Pampered Chef. Let them know that you noticed they were a friend of your neighbor and you would love to offer them a catalog to browse at their convenience.

2. Should I give out physical catalogs or direct them to the online version?

It is always best to offer both options. Some people prefer a physical catalog to browse through, while others may prefer the convenience of browsing online. By offering both, you can cater to everyone's preferences.

3. How can I ensure that my neighbor's friend will actually look through the catalog?

One way to encourage them to look through the catalog is to offer a small incentive, such as a discount or free product, for placing an order. This will give them a reason to take a closer look at the products.

4. What if my neighbor's friend is not interested in Pampered Chef?

It's important to respect their decision and not push the issue. Simply thank them for their time and let them know that if they change their mind in the future, you would be happy to provide them with a catalog or answer any questions they may have.

5. Can I give out catalogs to other people besides my neighbor's friends?

Absolutely! You can give out catalogs to anyone you think may be interested in Pampered Chef products. This could include family members, friends, coworkers, or even people you meet while out and about. The more people you reach out to, the more potential customers you may have.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• esavvymom
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
byrd1956
  • mmilus
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
chefjeanine
  • sperts