• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Selling Catalogs: Should I Charge Full Price?

In summary, the recruit called to say that her internet had been down and she was unable to place an order for catalogs. She said that she had two packs of catalogs that she had bought at the 100 catalog price, but if she gave them to the recruiter, she would have to buy more herself. The recruiter told the recruit that he would sell her the catalogs for $13/25, which would just about cover the tax on 1/4 of them. The recruiter also said that she still had over 2 months to use the catalogs, so if she needed more, she could get them from him or from other team members. The recruiter also said
wadesgirl
Gold Member
A recruit just called to say she needed catalogs for her shows this week. She hasn't been able to place a supply order because her internet has been down. Here's my problem, I have two packs of catalogs here. I know I bought them at the 100 catalog price. But if I give her these two I will probably have to buy some more myself. Do I charge her the full price so I can replace them myself or charge her the price I paid and eat the rest? It's a $15 difference.

I would sell them to her for $13/25 (that would just about cover your tax on 1/4 of them) - you are her upline. You still have over 2 months to use the catalogs so if you need to buy more I'd get 100 and talk to your team and upline to see if someone wants to split them with you.

Not enough shows on your calendar to justify all those catalogs? Get on the phone. :p

Can you afford the difference? If so, I'd sell them at the price you paid. I'd consider it investing in her success.

BethCooks4U said:
I would sell them to her for $13/25 (that would just about cover your tax on 1/4 of them) - you are her upline. You still have over 2 months to use the catalogs so if you need to buy more I'd get 100 and talk to your team and upline to see if someone wants to split them with you.

Not enough shows on your calendar to justify all those catalogs? Get on the phone. :p

I know I have plenty of shows, that's why I ordered a 100! JK, this does make sense. I will see if any of my other team members need catalogs and go in on a 100 pack together.

wadesgirl said:
I know I have plenty of shows, that's why I ordered a 100! JK, this does make sense. I will see if any of my other team members need catalogs and go in on a 100 pack together.

I'd also ask her how many she thinks she'll need in the next 2 months. She might want at least another pack too.

If she had been able to place the order herself, she would have paid full-price, so charging her that is not cheating her. If, however, you decide to buy another 100 pack, then charge her that price. In other words, charge her what you would have to spend to replace what she is buying from you.I don't know if there's a way to place a supply order through CC, since the only way I've ever done it is through P3. If there is, she could have gone to the library. If not, next time she can give you her Consultant # and password, and you can set her up as a new account on your P3, and place the order for her.

pampchefsarah said:
If she had been able to place the order herself, she would have paid full-price, so charging her that is not cheating her. If, however, you decide to buy another 100 pack, then charge her that price. In other words, charge her what you would have to spend to replace what she is buying from you.

I don't know if there's a way to place a supply order through CC, since the only way I've ever done it is through P3. If there is, she could have gone to the library. If not, next time she can give you her Consultant # and password, and you can set her up as a new account on your P3, and place the order for her.

While agree it wouldn't be cheating her to charge her the $20, I couldn't do it. If I pay $49 for 100 I will not sell 25 for $20. I will sell them to my team for $13 (my cost is actually $13.20 with tax - I figure I would have paid the shipping anyway for the items I needed).

Even if I need more catalogs I feel that it's a good thing - it's a "perk" for my team. Those that are hobbyists can get the deal on their catalogs without having to invest in double. If I end up having too many at the end of the season I use them at booths or as I said, I book more shows. :cool:

My problem solved itself... Her internet came back after 3 days out!

1. Should I charge full price for Pampered Chef catalogs?

Yes, it is recommended to charge full price for Pampered Chef catalogs in order to cover the cost of printing and shipping. The catalogs are a valuable tool for showcasing the products and helping customers make purchases, so it is fair to charge for them.

2. Can I offer discounts on catalogs?

While offering discounts on products is a common practice in direct sales, it is not recommended to discount catalogs. This is because the cost of producing and shipping the catalogs is already factored into the full price. Discounting them would result in a loss for the consultant.

3. Do I have to charge for catalogs at all?

Yes, it is required to charge for catalogs as a Pampered Chef consultant. This ensures that all consultants are following the same pricing guidelines and helps maintain a professional image for the company.

4. Can I bundle catalogs with other products?

Yes, you can bundle catalogs with other products as long as you are still charging the full price for the catalogs. This can be a great way to offer a deal to your customers while still covering the cost of the catalogs.

5. How much should I charge for catalogs?

The current recommended price for Pampered Chef catalogs is $9.50 for a pack of 10. However, you may adjust the price slightly based on your specific market and customer base. Just make sure to cover the cost of printing and shipping, and aim for a price that is fair for both you and your customers.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Brenda.the.chef
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
TJMagoo
  • mmilus
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
chefjeanine
  • Teresa Lynn