• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Maximizing Fundraiser Success: Converting to a Catalog Show for Increased Sales

$15 away when I talked to her again today. I don't know what to do.This is a difficult question. On the one hand, you want to hold on to the event in the hopes that someone else will purchase the tickets. On the other hand, you may want to cancel the event and refund the tickets to those who purchased them. It is up to the organizer to make the decision as to what is best for their fundraiser.
Tracy99
Gold Member
So I did a fundraiser booth but unfortunately the organization wasn't able to get sales up to $150. I have a catalog show that I wanted to add to the fundraiser and I was going to change the fundraiser in P3 to a catalog show and then just give the group my commission on the sales they did make (20% is better then 10%). However, I can't change the show type in P3! I swear I have been able to do this before. I can't just open a new show and start over without a lot of extra work. I have 3 people who paid with credit cards and after I entered them I came them the receipt back. (Just the outside order form from the website). So I'd have to call all three and ask for them their credit card info. Is there a way to save this? Thanks.

[I also told the catalog show host that I could add some orders to her show. She is my best friend so I know she will understand if this doesn't work out for her but I wanted to basically change the fundraiser to a catalog show and enter her as the new host.] Not sure what I'm going to do with the fundraiser otherwise. I am not adding another order to it and taking it away from my other host.

You can change a Cooking Show to a Catalog Show & change a Catalog Show to a Cooking Show. But there's no way to change the show type on a Fundraiser. You'll have to re-enter the orders on the open Catalog Show. If you didn't keep the card numbers, you will have to call those 3 people to do what you are wanting to do. Sorry! Had they been online orders, you could have copied the info from there. I always keep the credit card info until I know that the show has shipped. That way, I have it in front of me should there be a typo, a declined card, etc.

Ok I got impatient and called the solution center. Their answer is I have to open a new catalog show and copy everything over which stinks for me and the credit cards so I guess I will think on this and see what other solutions I can come up with. I might ask the fundraiser group if they want to keep it open another week to try to get another order. They are only $15 away from an official show. I just am not looking forward to calling 3 people and asking for their credit card info again....

Sheila said:
You can change a Cooking Show to a Catalog Show & change a Catalog Show to a Cooking Show. But there's no way to change the show type on a Fundraiser. You'll have to re-enter the orders on the open Catalog Show. If you didn't keep the card numbers, you will have to call those 3 people to do what you are wanting to do. Sorry! Had they been online orders, you could have copied the info from there. I always keep the credit card info until I know that the show has shipped. That way, I have it in front of me should there be a typo, a declined card, etc.

Thanks Sheila. I usually keep the credit card info but I was out of the carbon copy receipts and wanted people to leave with a receipt (even if it wasn't official).

Oh, if they are only $15 away, they might want to keep going! ;)

So just a quick rant about fundraisers, how do you make them worth while? My first fundraiser was over $1000 in sales. My second was $600. The third barely made a show and this one is not going to get there. I am seriously considering not offering a fundraiser anymore. The organizations that are picking this to do don't seem to be motivated to sale and then are looking at me like I need to do something to help them out. In most cases, I am already offering part of my own commission if their sales are high enough but they need to get to an official show first. Ugh.... ok rant over. Just a frustrating day...

Sheila said:
Oh, if they are only $15 away, they might want to keep going! ;)

One would think but they were $15 away when I left the event on the 15th. They were $15 away when I talked to the chair on Wed and they were $15 away when I went to pick up my extra catalogs and orders (yeah no orders) yesterday. The catalogs were not all back yet. Maybe I am being grumpy but I don't really want to keep dragging this out if it is going to turn out to be the same thing in a week. I'll give the chair a call and explain the situation to her again and see if she wants to try for the end of the week. Part of me feels like the people who ordered on the 15th and were told the show was closing at the end of the month deserve to have the show close when promised...

Did you host coach? Really stress how important it is to advertise, follow up, etc? The members of the group need to be following up with friends/family ~ or if this is a group of children then the adviser/teacher needs to be doing that. People won't just know to order. They have to be told & reminded! LOL

A quick update. Last night I got a call from a customer looking to order something for Christmas so I was able to add it to the fundraiser order and they are now an official show. As for did I host coach? I did was as well the chair would let me. She was organizing a vendor fundraiser so there were 6 of us total. She knew the requirements ahead of time but I think she got overwhelmed. As well at the event I talked to the day care director (day care fundraiser) and explained it to her. I have mostly been talking to the director since the event since she took the rest of my catalogs with her to pass out to parents who couldn't come (and she expressed interest in ordering the chip maker) but so far she hasn't actually ordered or produced the catalogs she took that day. The chair is really nice and I talked to her last night before this extra order came in and she was going to dig around. But I guess at least I can relax because they have an official show. Who would have thought that getting $150 in sales could stress me out so much....

Small, but Yea!!! :D

What is "Changing Show Type"?

"Changing Show Type" refers to the process of altering the format or genre of a television show or series.

Why would a show need to change its type?

A show may need to change its type for various reasons, such as declining ratings, creative changes, or to appeal to a different audience.

How does a show's type change?

A show's type can change in several ways, including changing the tone, characters, plot, or setting of the show, or by incorporating new elements or themes.

What are some examples of shows that have successfully changed their type?

Some examples of shows that have successfully changed their type include "Buffy the Vampire Slayer," which shifted from a high school drama to a supernatural action series, and "Parks and Recreation," which evolved from a mockumentary-style comedy to a heartwarming workplace sitcom.

Can changing a show's type be risky?

Yes, changing a show's type can be risky as it may alienate existing fans and fail to attract a new audience. However, it can also lead to renewed interest and success for the show.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• byrd1956
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
byrd1956
  • funinyourkitchen
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • julsradford