• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Does Anyone Sell for Two Ds Companies?

In summary, if you want to sell for two companies, you must be a director and you can't do it at the same time. You can sell for two companies as long as you are not a director.
jenniwest04
Just wondering if anyone sells for two direct sales companies...I found a DS company who's products I like (not as much as PC!) that only requires $150 in sales per quarter to stay active and you can focus on home shows, internet or basket (cattie shows) or all of the above. The price to start is very reasonable (less than $100) and I'm thinking of focusing more on PC but dabbling in the other since there are NO consultants in my area and only 350 in my state.Thoughts? Oh, the girl who I spoke to about it also sells PC...she's moving more towards the other company though...

I would NEVER be able to keep it straight. Plus, I'm a director so I can't. :)

Actually, I believe, now don't quote me or shoot me if I'm wrong, but I believe in the new consultant agreement that we sign that you agree to NOT sell another product (DS) while doing PC. So, that would be for everyone no matter what level.

Thanks! I'll check into that more thoroughly--I just looked at the newest version and didn't see that but I'm pretty exhausted and will read more thoroughly tomorrow.

you can sell for two companies as long as you are not a director. however, you can't sell for two companies at the same time....like having a pc show and selling homemade gourmet mixes at the show. See number 10 on the back of the consultant agreement.

I wouldn't do it personally. I have sold two DS lines simultaneously... I wasted a ton of time planning to work them so that I would seem to keep them seperate. They were two completely seperate lines, so people wouldn't/couldn't confuse them, but it still confused my customers. The consultants I have personally known who've done this always hit a glass ceiling w/ each company they worked with.

I think if you want to be serious w/ your PC business then don't. You don't want your friends and family thinking you'll do anything and that you're not serious about PC. They'll be more supportive if they see you sticking w/ and working hard on your PC (or whatever business you decide to do).
I have found all this out from personal experience.

I signed up with Beauti-Control but ONLY for the personal discount. I would think that if you wanted to sell for 2 companies - BOTH would suffer because you aren't focusing on either, IF that makes sense

stefani2 said:
I signed up with Beauti-Control but ONLY for the personal discount. I would think that if you wanted to sell for 2 companies - BOTH would suffer because you aren't focusing on either, IF that makes sense

I don't if I want to do this or not but I do know there are no consultants in this area and the products seem great--but I found someone who would be willing to do it with me to split cost. We put it in one person's name and then work together--neither of us can do much with it due to work/school/other jobs but we've both done DS. I know some consultants who have done it like that and eventually one just takes over the business when they are ready to do it themselves.

LOL, or I could keep trying to beg serving shifts since I make more money doing that in 8 hours than I do with PC shows, LOL. It's just hard to get shifts right now, but so worth it when you do!

stefani2 said:

I signed up with Arbonne only for the discount also. The only people I offer Arbonne to are close friends and family and I give them my discount.

I also sell Lia Sophia jewelry. I sold Tupperware along with it for 3 years. Dropped Tupperware in March for numerous reasons and joined PC. First party is tomorrow night:) I did not have trouble keeping them straight. I bought file folders in 2 different colors. Lia went in red and Tupperware went in blue. They were also in 2 different file cabinet drawers. Good luck to you in whatever you decide:)

I have a gal on my team who sells for two companies and she is absolutely rockin' in both. It works for her ONLY because she is genuinely passionate (ga-ga, head-over-heels, you get the picture) about both product lines.

Otherwise, I tend to agree with the thought that if your goal is to make money, stick with one company.

Question when you sell for two, do your customers of one line know you sell the other?

Jennifer - you sound like you are aware enough to know if PC is hurting because of your second venture. Why not try it?

BlessedWifeMommy said:
Question when you sell for two, do your customers of one line know you sell the other?

not me - i only offer it to friends and family.

I just signed for the personal discount - so my situation is different.

Shawnna said:
you can sell for two companies as long as you are not a director. however, you can't sell for two companies at the same time....like having a pc show and selling homemade gourmet mixes at the show. See number 10 on the back of the consultant agreement.

This is where it's confusing to me. I called the Solution Center this morning and asked if a PC consultant can also be a consultant for another DS company, but only to a certain point (ie. when one promotes to Director). The lady told me that we are absolutely not allowed to work for 2 DS companies at the same time.

The thing is, I KNOW of other people in my cluster who does (or was in January) Gold Canyon and others do Mary Kay as well as PC. So I am not sure who is "right" b/c I can't for the life of me see any statement on CC regarding that we cannot sell for another DS company under any circumstance.

:confused::confused:

I sell for two companies Stampin Up but I don't really do it I only signed up to get the discount on my stampin needs and then I do pc but I only tell my family and friends who like stampin up and offer them the discount. But PC is my business and stampin up is just a hobby.

As long as you are not a director you can sell for 2 companies...you just can't display both at the same party/show/craft fair, etc. If you promote to director you would have to quit the other company...or resign your directorship which has happened before and caused quite a stir. Of course PC doesn't want you to sell for another company because you would be focusing some of your time/energy there which could hinder your PC business. However, I have found nothing in policy that prohibits this at the consultant level.

Related to Does Anyone Sell for Two Ds Companies?

1. Can I sell for two direct sales companies at the same time?

Yes, you can technically sell for two direct sales companies at the same time. However, it's important to consider the rules and regulations of each company to ensure that there are no conflicts of interest. Some companies may have restrictions on selling for competitors or may require you to prioritize one company over the other.

2. Will it be overwhelming to sell for two direct sales companies?

Selling for two direct sales companies can be overwhelming, especially if you are new to the industry. It requires a lot of time and effort to effectively manage and promote both businesses. It's important to carefully consider your schedule and resources before committing to selling for two companies.

3. Are there any benefits to selling for two direct sales companies?

One potential benefit of selling for two direct sales companies is the opportunity to diversify your income and product offerings. You may also have access to different training and support systems from each company, which can be helpful for personal and professional growth.

4. Can I use the same marketing techniques for both direct sales companies?

It's important to remember that each direct sales company has its own unique brand and target audience. Therefore, it may not be effective to use the exact same marketing techniques for both companies. It's important to tailor your approach to each company's individual needs and strategies.

5. Will I have to pay any additional fees for selling for two direct sales companies?

It's possible that you may have to pay additional fees for selling for two direct sales companies, such as annual fees or product purchases. It's important to carefully review the compensation plans and policies of both companies to understand any potential fees or costs.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• prissylovescooking
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
pchockeymom
  • shuttermonster
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
shuttermonster
  • rennea