• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How Did You Get Back in the Game?

In summary, Priscilla was very slow when she started with PC but she learned how to "sell" and now she has a successful business. She recommends vendor/craft events and networking. Priscilla also suggests pampering a business, doing cooking shows, or holding a mystery host show.
prissylovescooking
Silver Member
I started off very very slow when I started with PC. I really loved the products; however, I felt very scared because I didn't know how to "sell". So June was my one year with PC and I feel like I haven't gotten anywhere. I did have like two months where I sold over a $1000 in PC but now I just feel kind of bleh :yuck: I've only made sure to stay active each month at least submitting one $150 show, but I want more and don't know how or what to do.

For those of you who started slow or fell off the PC road, how did you get your mojo back and grow not only your business but yourself?

Help Please! :cry:

Priscilla, you have to get on the phone. Make your out of the box calls to EVERYONE who has purchased ANYTHING from you. IF you go to CC, there are words to use to talk about products, get bookings, etc. Make 20 phone calls and treat yourself to something! You can do it. Again, and I can't stress this enough. GET ON THE PHONE! You will be so glad you did.

I make a point to ALWAYS

have a PC related bag or shirt. That way I'm not necessiarly the one that has to start the conversation! It worked for me.

Good for you for still being in the game!!! Do you have a director that is active in helping you work on your business? If so, I'd suggest you seek her help to give you weekly accountability and ideas to look outside the box for leads. And, attend a show of hers so you can see someone doing a show live.

That said, the thing that 'saved my business' and took it from a maybe 1 or 2 shows a month to being a director and having 6-10 shows a month was vendor/craft events. I did every one I could find. Community yard sales worked for me too.

Lately I have been expanding my pool of people by attending networking groups. Some other avenues would be pampering a business, going to day care centers and offering to do cooking for kids classes, or nursing homes and do cooking for seniors. With school getting started soon, see about doing fundraisers for private schools (for the kitchen), for sports teams, youth groups, etc. Search your newspapers, craigslist, and other vendor websites for listings of events you could set up at. Ask friends, neighbors, moms of your kids, nurses at the doctor's offices, hairstylist, etc. if they'd like to be pampered with free and discounted products. Offer to do a free cooking show for them.

There are lots of out of the box ideas but the key is to set a goal and then go for it. Don't give up or get discouraged. Ask, ask, ask, and ask for referrals from EVERYONE!!!

You can do it!

Thank you all so much!! Your not the first to tell me to call call call! LOL But I do have a director that does help me alot; however, I just wanted to hear some other views from people who don't know me.

Thank you all again!

Have a grand reopening show!

I hosted an Open House show. I invited everyone I could think of, EVERYONE. I did it over 2 days: a Sunday afternoon and a Monday night. Both were well-attended. I did giveaways and awarded tickets based on attending, orders, booking, much like what you can find on here. I did it at the beginning out March and it was very successful. I am still doing shows from it. I did facebook invites and I mailed them out. I used Hallmark and once I designed the invite, the mailed them out for me. It was awesome.

I just got back into the Pampered Chef after having a couple of years off and my first show is going to be a mystery host show. I am inviting everyone that I had done business with before and all my friends and family. This is how I am doing the mystery host drawing. Each person get's 1 ticket for booking a show, bringing a guest, and/or ordering the night of the show. I will hold a drawing to determine who will be the host and that person will reap the rewards of being the host.

I love this! This last year I completely fell apart and let my business go down the drain! I'm starting to feel good again, but I have phone fear and last month I only sold $500. Yikes! I always earned TPC in sales!

Thanks for the tips. I want to do an open house, but didn't know which days would be good.

Chefgirl2 said:
I want to do an open house, but didn't know which days would be good.

I would suggest you do 2 open houses. One on a thurs. or friday evening and one either Sat brunch or sunday afternoon. I would also recommend it not be an "open house" but rather a "grand re-opening show". People are less likely to attend an open house when they think, oh I can go anytime between x and y time, then realize they missed it. You can still have half hour drawings, a set demo time, etc. but having it be an actual show will give you more guaranteed attendance.

1. How did you initially get involved in the game?

I have always been passionate about sports and competition. As a child, I played various sports and continued to do so throughout high school and college. After taking some time off to focus on my career, I realized how much I missed being active and competing. That's when I made the decision to get back in the game.

2. What motivated you to get back in the game?

I found myself feeling unhappy and unfulfilled without the physical and mental challenges that sports provide. I also missed the camaraderie and sense of community that comes with being part of a team. These factors, combined with my love for sports, motivated me to make a comeback and get back in the game.

3. Were there any challenges you faced while getting back in the game?

Definitely. As someone who had been out of the game for a few years, I had to overcome physical and mental obstacles. My body wasn't used to the same level of activity and I had to work hard to regain my strength and endurance. I also had to adjust to the different rules and strategies that had evolved since I last played.

4. How did you prepare for your comeback?

I started by setting specific goals for myself, both in terms of physical fitness and skill improvement. I also sought out a coach or mentor who could help me get back into the game and provide guidance along the way. And of course, I dedicated a lot of time and effort to training and practicing to get myself back to peak performance.

5. What advice do you have for others looking to get back in the game?

My biggest piece of advice is to never give up. It's not easy to make a comeback, especially after being away from the game for a while. But with determination, hard work, and a positive attitude, anything is possible. Also, don't be afraid to ask for help or guidance from coaches, teammates, or other experienced players. Lastly, always remember to have fun and enjoy the game!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Bren706
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
crystalscookingnow
  • MeesMom3
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
naekelsey
  • esavvymom