• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

The Importance of Team Leadership: My Experience with Two Different Directors

In summary, the huge difference between my directors is that my PC director lives about 7 hours away from me and we have never met. She never sends me the “newsletter”. I’m pretty much here on my own. Never have received any incentives (pins, charms etc.) that I have heard that she hands out to the other consultants. I stay active but don’t do huge numbers. November kicked butt for me!! Two of my shows that month were well over $1000.00 made level three in the sell-a-thon!! Not a word from her. I don’t expect lots of “freebies” from her but she has never been much of a team
rennea
Gold Member
The huge difference between my directors…….

My PC director lives about 7 hours away from me and we have never met. We have a yahoo group that I get emails from time to time. She never sends me the “newsletter”. I’m pretty much here on my own. Never have received any incentives (pins, charms etc.) that I have heard that she hands out to the other consultants. I stay active but don’t do huge numbers. November kicked butt for me!! Two of my shows that month were well over $1000.00 made level three in the sell-a-thon!! Not a word from her. I don’t expect lots of “freebies” from her but she has never been much of a team leader.:(

I’m a consultant with another DS company that sells “spices” here in Canada. My director lives in Ontario and I live here in BC so we have never met face to face. When I started with the company she called and introduced herself and asked if I was joining full time, part time or just hobbyist. I told her hobby and her response was “welcome aboard and every sell matters”. Every month her newsletter goes out and thanks not only those who had a party but anybody who put in an order, huge list!!. She has called me every month just to check in and see how I’m doing. I receive an email about once a week. She always checks to make sure I know what’s going on in BC, product launches and such. She has a BBQ at her house in the summer, holiday parties in the winter. This year because I live so far away I got a Christmas card from her and she had made a donation in my name to a charity that our company supports. (I thought that was so sweet) In November I did a big show and she called me a week later to give me props. This lady has a HUGE cluster but makes time to cheer on her team and is always willing to help, even with the distance between us. I was thinking about quitting because I’m so busy with other things but she it so sweet and nice I have decided to stay.:)

If one day I become a director my “mentor” will NOT be my PC director for sure………

Sorry this was so long;) :rolleyes:

Sorry to hear you have such a rough situation. Have you tried telling that to your director? Her upline? I know some are just good and some are bad, but some are also clueless and may need a kick in the butt!!!!

I'm so sorry you aren't being supported by your director. I'm glad you realize that that's not how things should be. Sounds like you're really self-motivated. Congratulations on doing so well on your own.

janetupnorth said:
Sorry to hear you have such a rough situation. Have you tried telling that to your director? Her upline?

I know some are just good and some are bad, but some are also clueless and may need a kick in the butt!!!!

It's not such a huge situation cause really I've found Chef Success:) But if I was somebody would sold PC as my living then I think it would be way different.

Just the other day I got to thinking about the differences and wanted to bring it up because there are so many people on here who are or want to be directors. How you treat your team could make a huge difference in not only their success but your own as well:chef:

I think you are really lucky that you have the other business and Director so that you can personally see the difference....just think about those consultants on the PC directors team that don't know the difference!

If it really bothers you, I would talk to your PC Directors upline~she needs to be talked to about the importance of support!

Talk to your director before you go above her, though. If you don't want to be confrontive you could just ask her about things like you don't know what should be happening. For example: "Do you send out a monthly newsletter? I'd love to know how everyone on our team is doing." or "so what did so and so do to get that whatchamacallit?" Be very positive and innocent. Also, tell her "Sometimes I feel like I'm the only one for 100's of miles who sells PC, and I would love to get input from other consultants. I know I have so much to learn."
I'm much more into being direct, but sometimes the round about, nice way works better.

What are the requirements to become a director at Pampered Chef?

To become a director at Pampered Chef, you must be an active consultant for at least 3 months and have a minimum of $15,000 in personal sales in the past 12 months. You must also have at least one active team member and attend the Director Development Program.

What is the compensation structure for directors at Pampered Chef?

The compensation structure for directors includes a base commission rate of 22% on personal sales and 4% on team sales. Directors also have the opportunity to earn additional bonuses and incentives based on team performance.

What are the responsibilities of a director at Pampered Chef?

Directors at Pampered Chef are responsible for leading and supporting their team of consultants, setting and achieving sales goals, and promoting the Pampered Chef brand. They also attend trainings, events, and meetings to stay up-to-date on company news and policies.

How do directors at Pampered Chef support and mentor their team members?

Directors at Pampered Chef provide support and mentorship to their team members by offering training, resources, and guidance on how to grow their business. They also lead by example and provide motivation and recognition to their team members.

What are the benefits of becoming a director at Pampered Chef?

Becoming a director at Pampered Chef comes with many benefits, including higher commission rates, bonuses and incentives, leadership and personal development opportunities, and the satisfaction of helping others succeed. Directors also have the potential to earn a free trip to a luxury destination each year.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Nanisu
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
RMDave
  • chefdw
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
PamperedEsther
  • NooraK