• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

My Director Just Put Me in Charge

In summary, Ann is in charge of an August cluster meeting and is nervous because she has few hours to prepare. She is excited to have Colleen as a director trainee.
chefann
Gold Member
Ahhh!

My Director just put me in charge (essentially) of our August cluster meeting, which is next Friday. Her family vacation got moved around, and she's leaving today, and won't be back until a few hours before the meeting.

Mostly, I'm sending out reminder email and coordinating the recipes so we don't have duplicates or too much food. But I'm so honored that she trusts me that much.

I :love: my Director!

If anyone can do it, you can Ann! What an honor! Congrats!;) :D

What are you doing for your meeting?

She wants to do new recipes, Conference tips, and ideas for selling new products, so I'll just ask people to bring ideas. Our meetings are pretty laid-back. The hardest part will be coordinating food, as there are a bunch of semi-active folks in the cluster who won't commit to coming (and probably won't show up), but will RSVP with a "maybe."

Just consider in Boot Camp for directorship!! LOL!!! You will be great I am sure!! Don't sweat it!!! :thumbup:

I'm not worried - just thinking that I'd better get notes out tonight. (I can access my home email account from here, but can't access it in a way that I can send a nicely formatted note.)

Luckily, with the topics Cindy wants to cover, there won't actually be a lot of work prep-wise. It'll mostly be telling people to come with ideas to share.

chefann said:
She wants to do new recipes, Conference tips, and ideas for selling new products, so I'll just ask people to bring ideas. Our meetings are pretty laid-back. The hardest part will be coordinating food, as there are a bunch of semi-active folks in the cluster who won't commit to coming (and probably won't show up), but will RSVP with a "maybe."

Oooo... we always do that for the first meeting after samples come out... we call it Recipes on Parade. YUM!!!

We had someone do their knife show talk. We also divided into two groups and using the cookware as the focus - we had to sell the other group on our cookware, come up with booking and recruiting lines. One group got executive and the other got stainless (my group). Our stainless recuiting line was, "Our new Stainless Steel cookware is so shiny that you can see yourself in it. Can't you just see yourself in your new PC business?"

katie0128 said:
Our stainless recuiting line was, "Our new Stainless Steel cookware is so shiny that you can see yourself in it. Can't you just see yourself in your new PC business?"
:thumbup: Ohh, I like that! I'm taking that line to the meeting! (Can you see me writing it down?)

chefann said:
:thumbup: Ohh, I like that! I'm taking that line to the meeting! (Can you see me writing it down?)

No, but I can see you printing the page...

Woo-hoo Ann! You're going to be great! My TEAM training is Tuesday night at 7pm if you want to join us! Let me know...

Who's your director?

Colleen, I'd love to join you! Can I bring something?

My director is Cindy Bottiaux. We're in Sue Burkhardt's group. (BTW- I saw you on the dist. list on a forward from Sue the other day. :) )

Ann - I'd LOVE for you to come! Feel free to bring something if you want but it's not necessary! I'm going to send you the evite! :)

Related to My Director Just Put Me in Charge

What does it mean when my director puts me in charge?

When your director puts you in charge, it means that they are delegating some of their responsibilities to you and trusting you to lead a specific project or team. This can be a great opportunity for growth and development within the company.

How should I handle being put in charge by my director?

First, it's important to communicate with your director and make sure you understand their expectations for the project or team. Then, you should take ownership of your role and make sure to delegate tasks, communicate effectively with team members, and stay organized to ensure the project's success.

What if I don't feel ready for the responsibility my director has given me?

It's natural to feel a bit overwhelmed or unsure when given a new responsibility. However, trust in your director's decision and have confidence in yourself. Remember, your director sees potential in you and believes you are capable of handling the task. Don't be afraid to ask for help or guidance if needed.

How do I earn the respect of my team as the person in charge?

Respect is earned through actions, not words. Show your team that you are dedicated, organized, and willing to work alongside them. Be open to feedback and suggestions, and make sure to recognize and appreciate their hard work. Leading by example is key to gaining the respect of your team.

What if I encounter challenges or conflicts while in charge?

Challenges and conflicts are a natural part of any project or team dynamic. When faced with a challenge or conflict, it's important to stay calm and address the issue directly. Communicate openly and listen to all perspectives to find a solution that works for everyone. Don't be afraid to reach out to your director for support if needed.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• jcsmilez
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Intrepid_Chef
  • chefdw
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
PamperedEsther
  • rennea