• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

I Did Something Fun at My Meeting on Monday

since we don't have to travel to see them as often now, I'm going to have to start up a team so we can Skype more often!I see that now. Sorry. :) I don't remember if they had it that way when I downloaded it. But I don't use it for calling people anyway...mostly for conference calls so I can record the audio through my computer at the same time (I have a Mac that has magical powers ;).Skype is great for video calls, but you can also use it for text and audio chats. You can also use it to share files, photos, and videos with other Skype users.Skype is great for video calls, but you can also use
Nanisu
Gold Member
One of my consultants lives in Idaho and was getting hospitality, but her hospitality director quit and she really wanted to stay in touch with our team...she has a webcam and so do I on my laptop...

So we SKYPED her in for the whole meeting! It was so fun! The team members here got to talk with her over my laptop, she got to see everyone and all the visuals...it was really COOL--she felt much more connected and everyone got a chance to interact with her!

We'll be doing it every month now!

Cool idea!!! thanks for sharing! I need to do that with a few of my team!

I want to do that too...have to find out if any of my downline out of state have Skype!

It's a free download--it's all I use now for long distance, as well as connecting just via the email--I pay $1.98 per month for unlimited long distance anywhere in the country. So even if they don't have skype I can just call them. You just can't see them on the webcam if you call them rather than actually SKYPE them.

It is very useful. That's what I do for my long distance team members. It is a great way to keep them a part of the group when there is no hospitality to be found.

Check out Mikogo too. It's free...you can do the webcam thing, AND you can use it for more than 1 team member....meaning you can have several join in. It allows you to record your trainings, and for team members to log in later and view. Lastly, (i haven't done this yet, but am hoping to) you can somehow give them access to your documents from your pc...meaning, they can view what you are viewing....such as the spring launch video, etc.

I sent the idea in to the good news people a couple months ago....

How fabulous Nancy! Your meetings are always so much fun :) If it wasn't for the time difference, I'd ask to join.

Great idea. Almost makes me wish I were willing to pay for better internet connection (I have dial-up) so we could do something like that.

Where about in Idaho is she? Skype is a great idea I have some possible's signing up farther away then me.

Do you have to pay for skype?

Since I'm in Southern California and both my recruiter and AD are in Florida, I always attend meetings via Skype. I don't think I'd know how to act at a meeting that I was actually there in person.

Dave-this may have been asked before but have you had your director ask for hospitality in your area?? I'm in VA, 2 consultants in 2 different parts of CA, and 1 in ME. They all have the ability to go to hospitality. I just can't remember where in CA you are (how south, etc.) ha ha I was on the Central Coast for 4 yrs.

jbdowd0798 said:
Dave-this may have been asked before but have you had your director ask for hospitality in your area??

The closest available is 75 miles away. I'd rather Skype.

RMDave said:
The closest available is 75 miles away. I'd rather Skype.

Or... you could recruit, start your own team, and do your own meetings! :D

Jolie_Paradoxe said:
No, it's free. :)
Since when is Skype free?? I have to pay for it...it's only $8.50 or so for 3 months...which is ALMOST free, but not quite ;)Edit::
Ok- I checked their website. Did you mean it's free to make the video call from one Skype User to another Skype user? In that case, yes- the call is free, but you have to already have the service, which is not. Yes?

esavvymom said:
Since when is Skype free?? I have to pay for it...it's only $8.50 or so for 3 months...which is ALMOST free, but not quite ;)

It depends on what you use it for. The basic video conferencing, computer-to-computer, is free.

NooraK said:
It depends on what you use it for. The basic video conferencing, computer-to-computer, is free.

I see that now. Sorry. :) I don't remember if they had it that way when I downloaded it. But I don't use it for calling people anyway...mostly for conference calls so I can record the audio through my computer at the same time (I have a Mac that has magical powers ;).

I may try the video thing with my Director in TX. I have a great HD here, but it would be nice now and then to see what is up with my actual Upline.

A TL in my cluster does the same for her group. It has worked wonderfully.

We love Skype. We use it for the family to see our children in Japan. But I've already joked with my team that when I move to mainland Japan, I'm going to send the recognition stuff to them and then Skype in to participate & run the meeting. LOL

NooraK said:
Or... you could recruit, start your own team, and do your own meetings! :D

That is my eventual goal, when life calms down a tad.

esavvymom said:
(I have a Mac that has magical powers ;).

So do I Bobbie. But I haven't figured out how to record audio off of Skype (or any place use). How 'bout a quick tutorial? (No more than 100 words.) :)

RMDave said:
That is my eventual goal, when life calms down a tad.

Don't hold back on offering, just because life's hectic. Your AD will probably be happy to help you train new recruits if you don't have the time.

In the mean time, 75 miles really isn't that far for a Californian :D I'm sure if you were up to it, Nancy would welcome you to her meetings, even though you'd have to go to the heart of OC for them.

RMDave said:
So do I Bobbie. But I haven't figured out how to record audio off of Skype (or any place use). How 'bout a quick tutorial? (No more than 100 words.) :)

It's a utility called http://www.ambrosiasw.com/utilities/wiretap/. It's not free...you can get a free trial though. It was already on my machine when I purchased it from a friend. It records any sound that is playing through your computer - including microphone if you set it that way. I usually use it to record conference calls that are either online or I use Skype for actual phone call conference-calls.

It's super easy to use. You hit the "circle" Record button to record, and the Stop button to stop- then give it a name! That simple. :)

Thanks Bobbi off I go to find the application.

Dave, I am an AD in Temecula.... just over the hill and through the woods (or desert) from you. You are welcome anytime at my meetings

NooraK said:
Nancy would welcome you to her meetings, even though you'd have to go to the heart of OC for them.

Behind the Orange Curtain? I think I'd rather Skype with the state of Florida. But thanks so much, Noora!

So, how do you download Skype? How does it then work??

Thanks in advance!!

Skype is an application. Go to http://www.Skype.com and read the info and download. Basic video conferencing is free. For many other services there is a charge.

1. What is "I Did Something Fun at My Meeting on Monday"?

"I Did Something Fun at My Meeting on Monday" is a program at Pampered Chef where consultants are encouraged to share a unique and enjoyable experience they had during a meeting on Monday.

2. How do I participate in "I Did Something Fun at My Meeting on Monday"?

To participate, simply share your fun experience from your Monday meeting on social media using the hashtag #DidSomethingFun and tag Pampered Chef. You can also submit your story through the Pampered Chef website.

3. What types of activities count as "something fun" for this program?

Any activity that brings joy, excitement, or laughter to your meeting can be considered "something fun". This could include games, challenges, team building exercises, or even a creative presentation.

4. Is there a prize for participating in "I Did Something Fun at My Meeting on Monday"?

Yes, there is a chance to win a prize for participating in this program! Each month, Pampered Chef will select a few consultants who shared their fun experiences to receive a special gift from the company.

5. Can I share more than one "something fun" experience from my Monday meeting?

Absolutely! You can share as many fun experiences as you'd like throughout the month. In fact, we encourage consultants to continue incorporating fun into their meetings every Monday. The more you share, the more chances you have to win a prize!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• cookn' katie
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • linojackie
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Deb Hagen