• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Does My City Require a Business License for Pampered Chef Consulting?

I'll definitely pass that along to Robbyn.Hi Becky! Robbyn's in Pacifica, so just up the coast from you. Where do you meet? Is there someone in your group relatively close who would be willing to have her come and observe a show (in the very near future)?Hi, I am from the Bay Area. I'm not sure if this is where you are located, but I am a consultant and I need to get a business license. Is there a way that I can get one without traveling to the city?You can get your business license online.
pampchefsarah
Gold Member
I have a brand new recruit, who lives in a small city in California (I live in VA, but used to live in this same town). Her husband is running for city council, and, to be sure she covers all the bases, she asked the Financial Manager if she needed a business license were she start a computer consulting business. The answer was yes, if she starts a business working out of her home, she needs a license. To clarify she asked if this included Avon, Mary Kay, Tupperware, PC, etc. The FM said not Avon, because they have a license which covers all Avon reps in that city, but for all other DS businesses the consultants either has to get their own ($150) license, or PC has to do as Avon did.

I suggested the recruit call Career Solutions to see what they say, but I think this isn't right, since we don't pay sales tax, carry inventory, etc. I also asked if they require this from every Tupperware and MK rep, and she said no, but now that she asked about it, they're going to start.

On the bright side, my search for a hospitality director resulted in finding out there is no director within 1/2 hour of this city. Which means she has a wide-open market in which to grow. Of course, this also means she doesn't have a show to observe, so she's going to have to rely solely on online and video training. :balloon:

Duh!!:eek: My question here is: Has anyone else found they're city/town requires a business license for PC, or do you know if HO already has a solution for this?

I did a boutique (vendor event) that required a business lic. or vendor lic # and HO was willing to give me a copy! Hope that helps

Not to answer your first question, but to address another issue - no cluster mtg nearby and no shows to observe? I went to my director's show when I first started and tape recorded her show. Listening to her sell the products helped me so much. I would listen to it in the car on the way to shows just to refresh my memory. You may want to do this for your recruit. It is a good way to start until she can find her own way to sell things.

can I ask where in CA? I'm in Monterey and the closest director that takes hospitality is 45mins away so its not worth my time. So I unofficially get together with friends who are consultants and we just chit chat about the current events with the company, how we can help each other, etc.

doughmama said:
Not to answer your first question, but to address another issue - no cluster mtg nearby and no shows to observe? I went to my director's show when I first started and tape recorded her show. Listening to her sell the products helped me so much. I would listen to it in the car on the way to shows just to refresh my memory. You may want to do this for your recruit. It is a good way to start until she can find her own way to sell things.

Hmmm, I may have to talk to my director and/or advanced director to see if they'd be willing to do this (I'm still too new to feel I can be of value in recording my show!). Thanks for the idea.

jbdowd0798 said:
can I ask where in CA? I'm in Monterey and the closest director that takes hospitality is 45mins away so its not worth my time. So I unofficially get together with friends who are consultants and we just chit chat about the current events with the company, how we can help each other, etc.

Hi Becky! Robbyn's in Pacifica, so just up the coast from you. Where do you meet? Is there someone in your group relatively close who would be willing to have her come and observe a show (in the very near future)?

Thanks!!

1. Do I need a business license to become a Pampered Chef consultant in my city?

In most cities, yes. It is important to check with your local government to determine the specific requirements for obtaining a business license.

2. How do I obtain a business license for Pampered Chef consulting?

The process for obtaining a business license can vary depending on your city. Generally, you will need to fill out an application and pay a fee. You may also need to provide certain documents, such as a tax ID number or proof of insurance. It is best to contact your local government for specific instructions.

3. Is there a specific type of business license required for Pampered Chef consulting?

In most cases, you will need a general business license to operate as a Pampered Chef consultant. However, some cities may have specific licenses for home-based businesses or direct sales companies. It is important to check with your local government to ensure you have the correct type of license.

4. How much does a business license for Pampered Chef consulting cost?

The cost of a business license can vary depending on your city and the type of license required. Some cities may charge a flat fee, while others may base the cost on your business revenue. It is best to contact your local government for specific pricing information.

5. Do I need a business license if I am only selling Pampered Chef products online?

In most cases, yes. Even if you are only selling products online, you are still operating a business and may be required to obtain a business license. It is important to check with your local government to determine the specific requirements for online businesses.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• scottcooks
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • ptejhe
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
AnaCash
  • janetupnorth