• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Else Can I Do to Get Business?

In summary, the conversation was about a consultant who was motivated to grow her business after talking to her Director. She lives in a town with a population of 30,000 and is looking for ways to reach out to potential customers. She has had some success with 7 shows, but is struggling to get more bookings. Suggestions were given, such as participating in farmer's markets, wearing PC logo wear, asking 3 questions when talking to people, and hosting a "grand opening" for neighbors. The consultant also mentioned using postcards and making phone calls to spread the word about her business. Additionally, she shared that she has been with Pampered Chef for 8 years and has a team of 20 consultants.
Oklabell
My Director called to touch base with me today and I am now motivated. I live in West Ga and my Director lives 65 miles from me. I was talking to her about it and she told me besides my recuiter (who is only doing PC very part-time) are the only people with in 35 miles that sales PC. My town I live in has about 30,000 people. So she told me I am in a gold-mine. My DD started school today and I have a 17 mo at home with me. So now is the time to get moving. I need advice on what I need to do first. I have had 7 shows mostly family. I have to get on the phone and start calling everyone. I would like to just like everyone else to become a director so we can have meetings close by.

But besides that what can I do just to get the word out that I sell PC. Everytime I mention it I get "great I love PC" but that is it they don't want to have a show. My sister is having a yard sale soon in a nice neighbor hood and I plan to hand out old Catalogs. I have got 100 postcards to mail. I need advice on how to organize and be more productive. I have a full office (just needs cleaning out).
So after typing this novel, what is the #1 thing that has helped you business(Fairs, talking to strangers in the market, sign on cars etc etc.)

If you live in georgia let me know where (just out of curosity)

BTW-I mentioned to her I am on Chefsuccess and she said "you have to be carefull I went on there and they were very negative" WTH don't know where she went but not here

I moved a few months ago, and the #1 thing that has helped my business has been Farmer's Market- Do a search, and you can see the threads regarding that. It has gotten me TONS of bookings, not only for cooking shows, but catalog shows, and because I that, I have also been asked to be in 2 different Holiday Vendor Fairs (LARGE ONES) Today, I was asked ot participate in a Christmas Walk that a community near me puts on.

I don't know if I can really say what has helped me the most, as I'm still struggling to build my business as well, but here are a few things that might help:

For meeting people, invest in PC logo wear. It's a great way to start conversations.

When talking to people (this is something I have to practice too), my hospitality director says she always asks 3 questions: Are you familiar with PC? Have you ever been to a show? Have you ever hosted a show? Sometimes you don't have to ask some of the questions because they'll automatically answer them for you.

If friends and family are hosting shows, tell them the best thing they can do, is invite people you don't already know. This will help you break out of your circle of friends and family.

Take the online courses to get words to use. A lot of people who are interested will say no at first, because it's almost an automatic reaction. If you politely ask why they're not interested, you might find it's something simple like they think the demo has to be in the kitchen and their kitchen isn't big enough. Practice with a friend or a family memeber. Who knows, you might talk them into a show again or recruit them!

It's never too late to host a "Grand Opening" and invite your neighbors. I'm doing one in just over a week and I'll be going over to meet and invite the neighbors.

Oh, and although the postcards are beautiful and make it very easy to let people know you've started a business, the best thing is to pick up the phone. Call people and tell them personally. Even if they say "no thanks" to a show or the business, you'll still get to practice your words.

And on that note, I probably should go make some calls. DH will be home soon to take the baby, and I'll get on the phone.

(Oh, and we're in Cherokee County)

NooraK--What part of Ga are you in?

We're in Woodstock, Cherokee County. If we were on the other side of the road, we'd be in Canton.

Welcome to Pampered Chef :chef:and welcome to Chef Success! I think my novel will be longer than yours!!!:)

My career with The Pampered Chef started over 8 years ago and although I have a full time job other than PC, my team has grown to about 20 and little by little, we are growing each year.

You have a great plan on how to get your business going and that is by talking to everyone you know. Refer to the training material that The Pampered Chef provides for you on word choices. You will find that this will help you develop the best habits.

The 100 post cards are great, but you must follow up with a phone call to each person to invite them to host a party. Either phone or face to face contact will get you more bookings than anything.

Think of people that you know through your children's activities and your spouse's business, etc. Keep in mind, you will hear the word No more than you will Yes...but guess what? The more no's you hear, the closer you will come to a yes! If you get the least bit discouraged, call your director, do online training, read the Kitchen Consultant News...anything that will remind you that discouragement will kill anyone's business. I always tell people that McDonald's did not serve 1 billion hamburgers in their first month of business. In fact, it took many years and work to get to that status. This is a business, just like any other.

The number one thing that has helped me is asking my first hosts to invite people that I did not know. That way, I started meeting people outside of my circle of friends and family. You want to keep reaching outside your circles of people.

As far as meetings, is there a hospitality cluster closer to you? Is there a way that you and your director can occassionally meet half way? Once I was a Future Director, I started having my own meetings with my Director's permission. It helped me grow tremendously. (growing is not always being comfortable, but the rewards are fantastic!)

Even after 8 years, I am still meeting new people all of the time and I am not in a heavily populated area. I live in upstate NY....about 500 miles north west of New York City! Directly north of me is Canada, where we can not sell because of the currency and also, Canada has their own branch of Pampered Chef. (many of which are CS members too!!! WOOT WOOT!!:chef:)

As far as negativity on CS? Yes, just like their can be with ANY group of people. If you aren't careful, you can spend too much time on here too. BUT there is such an array of ideas and if you can look at other's methods and opinions, SOMETIMES, it can help us think outside the box. There are times when some have became sensative about things that have been typed and sometime people have reacted in very negative ways. Just don't get sucked into it and you just might find (as many of us have) that this is a great resource of ideas, sharing experiences and some of the most caring people you will find. :)

And this is my condensed version!!!:eek::eek::eek:

baychef said:
I live in upstate NY....about 500 miles north west of New York City! Directly north of me is Canada, where we can not sell because of the currency and also, Canada has their own branch of Pampered Chef. (many of which are CS members too!!! WOOT WOOT!!:chef:)resource of ideas, sharing experiences and some of the most caring people you will find. :):

What part of upstate NY are you in? My brother and his family just moved from Oakfield.

The inexpensive vendor fairs (less than $50) for one day.

I get about 25 names, 6 Yes's to Host -- one or two will host within a month, the rest I call every couple months. Sometimes it will be a year before they host -- some never. BUT --- if you have a vendor fair 10x year and schedule 1 or 2 from each --along with scheduling from shows, repeat hosts, logo wear, etc -- your calendar will begin to grow.

Oklabell said:
My Director called to touch base with me today and I am now motivated. I live in West Ga and my Director lives 65 miles from me. I was talking to her about it and she told me besides my recuiter (who is only doing PC very part-time) are the only people with in 35 miles that sales PC. My town I live in has about 30,000 people. So she told me I am in a gold-mine. My DD started school today and I have a 17 mo at home with me. So now is the time to get moving. I need advice on what I need to do first. I have had 7 shows mostly family. I have to get on the phone and start calling everyone. I would like to just like everyone else to become a director so we can have meetings close by.

But besides that what can I do just to get the word out that I sell PC. Everytime I mention it I get "great I love PC" but that is it they don't want to have a show. My sister is having a yard sale soon in a nice neighbor hood and I plan to hand out old Catalogs. I have got 100 postcards to mail. I need advice on how to organize and be more productive. I have a full office (just needs cleaning out).
So after typing this novel, what is the #1 thing that has helped you business(Fairs, talking to strangers in the market, sign on cars etc etc.)

If you live in georgia let me know where (just out of curosity)

BTW-I mentioned to her I am on Chefsuccess and she said "you have to be carefull I went on there and they were very negative" WTH don't know where she went but not here

Run, don't walk, to the nearest Mom's group and get to know them (wear your logo wear). I found a couple of them through the mom's I met at story-time at the library (specifically geared to 1-4 years old). I "used" my kids all the time (at soccer practice, ballet lessons, etc...signed 'em up for all kinds of things so I could meet new people! That probably sounds terrible, but I made many new friends that way and got a bunch of business, too)

As far as what to say after you hear "I love Pampered Chef", a couple of things I've found that works great for keeping the conversation going is: 1) So what's your favorite product?; 2) when was the last time you were at a show? Really, anything to keep them talking and feeling more comfortable with you before you jump right in to ask them to host. Perhaps collect the names of the folks that haven't been in a while and invite them to a show at YOUR house, then you have customers and potential hosts (and potential recruits).

Hope you get some ideas here...CS is awesome! Good luck!

paigev71 said:
What part of upstate NY are you in? My brother and his family just moved from Oakfield.

I am in Alexandria Bay...it is 100 miles north of Syracuse. On the map you will see State Rt. 81 and it ends...I live about 5 miles north of where it ends.

What Else Can I Do to Get Business?

1. How can I increase my customer base?

There are several things you can do to get more business. First, make sure you are utilizing social media to promote your products and connect with potential customers. You can also host in-home parties or events to showcase the products and offer discounts or promotions to attract new customers. Additionally, you can reach out to local businesses or organizations to offer your services for events or fundraisers.

2. What are some ways to retain customers and encourage repeat business?

One effective way to retain customers is to provide excellent customer service. Make sure to follow up with customers after a purchase, offer personalized recommendations and respond promptly to any inquiries or concerns. You can also offer loyalty programs or special deals for returning customers to encourage repeat business.

3. How important is networking for getting business?

Networking is crucial for getting business, especially in the direct sales industry. Attend local events, join groups or clubs related to your products, and make connections with other small business owners or entrepreneurs. Word of mouth is a powerful marketing tool, so building relationships with other professionals can lead to potential customers and referrals.

4. What are some creative marketing strategies to attract new customers?

There are many creative marketing strategies you can use to attract new customers. You can offer free samples or demonstrations, collaborate with other businesses for cross-promotion, or partner with influencers or bloggers to reach a wider audience. You can also offer special deals or discounts for first-time customers or host themed events to showcase your products.

5. How important is having a strong online presence for getting business?

In today's digital age, having a strong online presence is essential for getting business. Make sure to have a professional website or online store where customers can easily browse and purchase your products. Utilize social media platforms to showcase your products, engage with customers, and promote your brand. Having a strong online presence also allows you to reach a wider audience and attract potential customers from different locations.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• KarenMarie
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
BethCooks4U
  • amgreen66
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • PCCHeather0506