• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is It True? Pampered Chef Warranty and the Food Chopper

In summary, a few Pampered Chef attendees had heard that PC would not replace their Food Chopper if the blades were dulled, even if they used a different cutting board. This is false information and should not be told to customers.
emiscookin
Last night at my very first Pampered Chef show (which went GREAT! :D), I pulled out the Food Chopper and asked how many people had it already. A few raised their hands. Then I asked what they love about it and the first lady I picked said she uses it for everything and loves how easy it is to clean. However...(at this point I froze...thinking she better not say something bad!) she went on to say that she was told by a previous Pampered Chef consultant (my director, go figure) that Pampered Chef will not replace your Food Chopper if the blades are dull because you didn't chop with it on our cutting board!

So I am wondering, is that true? Or was it something my director said to just boost sales a little? I mean, I know our cutting board is made not to dull our food chopper's blades, but would PC really NOT replace it under the warranty because you chopped with it on a different cutting board???

I haven't heard of that before! She should be able to return it for another if she has her receipt and it's within warranty. Tell her to chop some foil and it will sharpen the blades up a bit :)

Jinkies said:
Tell her to chop some foil and it will sharpen the blades up a bit :)

Really!?!?

Jinkies said:
I haven't heard of that before! She should be able to return it for another if she has her receipt and it's within warranty. Tell her to chop some foil and it will sharpen the blades up a bit :)

Unless this is something that you KNOW has been tried and true (did you do it?), I wouldn't be telling anyone for sure. I used to hear from consultants to chop ice chunks to sharpen the blades...NOT!!! Bent them to pieces.....so now, I sometimes take some tips as "urban legend" unless proven otherwise or from HO.

The Use & Care guide says:
Place the Food Chopper directly over portioned food on a cutting board or in the cap. It may be necessary to divide the food into smaller portions before chopping; i.e. cut an onion into quarters.

So if they are NOT using a cutting board or the cap, then they probably wouldn't cover it. I was surprised it didn't exclude a wood or glass board- because cutting ANYTHING knife or blade on glass will dull them very quickly.

I have done it, and food chopper is still going strong!

Jinkies said:
I have done it, and food chopper is still going strong!

Good to know!

DO NOT tell customers that chopping foil or ice will sharpen the blades. In fact it will dull the blades and ruin them.

If you have a situation like this call HO and find out for sure.

They may once have refered to cutting boards as far as what materials they are made of but it does not have to be a PC cutting board. Your use and care guides along with the Product Information Guide will provide all of the answers however, if you do hear something like this at a party, let the customers know that you would have to check on that and get back to them. And then do get back to them after you have found the answer from either HO materials or verbally from HO.

When I started several years ago, there was misinformation going around about chopping ice would sharpen the blades. This was very untrue and in fact quite the opposite.

baychef said:
DO NOT tell customers that chopping foil or ice will sharpen the blades. In fact it will dull the blades and ruin them.

If you have a situation like this call HO and find out for sure.

They may once have refered to cutting boards as far as what materials they are made of but it does not have to be a PC cutting board. Your use and care guides along with the Product Information Guide will provide all of the answers however, if you do hear something like this at a party, let the customers know that you would have to check on that and get back to them. And then do get back to them after you have found the answer from either HO materials or verbally from HO.

When I started several years ago, there was misinformation going around about chopping ice would sharpen the blades. This was very untrue and in fact quite the opposite.

Thanks for the advice. I'll do that. ;)

The whole chopping ice thing....yeeeah, even when I first heard that on this thread that didn't sound like a good idea to me AT ALL! They say chomping ice is bad for your teeth (which happen to be much stronger than the chopper blades) so I can't even imagine what it would do to the blades!! :eek:

1. What is the warranty for Pampered Chef's Food Chopper?

Pampered Chef offers a limited lifetime warranty for the Food Chopper. This means that if the product is found to be defective in materials or workmanship, Pampered Chef will replace it free of charge for the original owner.

2. How long does the warranty last?

The warranty for the Food Chopper lasts for the lifetime of the original owner. This means that as long as you are the original owner of the product, you can get it replaced if it is found to be defective.

3. What does the warranty cover?

The warranty covers defects in materials or workmanship for the Food Chopper. This includes any issues with the blades, handle, or other parts of the product that may affect its performance.

4. What is not covered under the warranty?

The warranty does not cover normal wear and tear, misuse, or accidental damage. It also does not cover any damage caused by using the Food Chopper for purposes other than its intended use.

5. How do I make a warranty claim for my Food Chopper?

If you believe your Food Chopper is covered under the warranty, you can contact Pampered Chef's customer service team to initiate a warranty claim. They will ask for proof of purchase and may ask for photos or other information to assess the issue with the product.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• lisamommy
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Chef Kearns
  • christinaspc
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • mandak