• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Went to a Party for Another Ds Company . . .

In summary, the consultant from another company wanted to close the party the night of the show because she didn't want to have to drive over there a second time. The consultant from my friend's company was very polite and cordial. She did a demo and gave out free items and $ off. After she was done, she sat at the table and just stared at the crowd.
raebates
Staff member
I went to a jewelry party tonight. The company doesn't really matter. I always go to these kinds of things with a couple of ideas in mind. First, I want to do research for my own business. The things another consultant (even from another company) does can be either a good or a bad example for me. Second, there's always an opportunity for PC contacts.

Well, I started learning things before the party even started. I got a call from the host (a good friend and frequent host of mine) a couple of hours before the party. She wanted to talk with me. She really just wanted to vent--no advice needed. She started by asking what time my card said the party started. I couldn't remember. I'd received a text message from her that it started at 6:30, so that's when I figured it started. Well, evidently the invitations said 5:58. I explained that the odd time is a gimmick to get people to remember the time. The thing is, the consultant knew the party was at 6:30. I told my friend that she probably had the sticker info saved from another show and forgot to change it. That's an understandable mistake, especially for a new consultant.

Then, she told me about the email she got from the consultant it basically said: I want to close your party the night of the show because I don't want to have to drive over there a second time. I asked where the consultant lives. It's about 1/2 hour from my friend's house. My friend emailed her back saying she'd be glad to meet the consultant half-way to close, since she had people she knew still wanted to order. I told her that a lot of consultant try to close the night of the show for various reasons, but agreed that this probably wasn't the best way to put her request. She decided she was just spoiled by my good service. Laughing, I told her that I would be crazy to argue with that.

Knowing the party was to start at 6:30, I arrived at about 6:15. The consultant had already started! :eek: Now, again, she knew that the host had confirmed with many of the guests that the party was at 6:30. She even mentioned that once I arrived. I wasn't the last to arrive, either.

One thing I liked was a game she played. She had us get our our purses. When she called out a letter of the alphabet, the first two people to produce something from their purses that started with that letter would get a brightly decorated paper bag. We couldn't open the bags until the game was over. Once she had given out the bags for the letter, she would explain how she had chosen that letter in light of the business i.e. V=versatile, L=lifetime guarantee, etc.

What I didn't like about the game was what was inside the bags. We were told that there were free items, $ off, etc. I wound up with 4 bags. As far as I remember I received:

$10 off your order of $100 or more
Order 3 items get 1/2 off another (which, btw, was less than the monthly special)
Host a $1000 show and get an extra $5 in product
Thank you for coming!

Yeah, your read that correctly. The last "prize" I won was a word of appreciation. Not exactly what I consider a prize, to be honest.

Once she was done with her demo,* she went into an adjacent room that wasn't completely closed off and started filling out paperwork. She didn't chat with anyone. She didn't really chat with me when she did my order. She didn't ask if I had a good time. She didn't ask if I was interested in hosting a show. She didn't talk to me at all except to tell me how much I owed.

I was the first to finish my order. (I had a set amount I was going to spend, and there were only about 4 things in the catalog that met that amount. Made my choice pretty easy.) I chatted with others in the room about my pastor's book and about the cards in my buddy's memory, but I kept my eye on the consultant. Once she was done filling out the paperwork she needed to do, she sat at the table, chin in her hand, looking bored out of her skull. She didn't offer to help anyone with the jewelry. She didn't talk to anyone about which pieces might complement on another for a variety of looks. She didn't move about the room at all. She didn't even make eye contact with the crowd. She seemed to wish she was anywhere but there.

My friend didn't know anything about the jewelry. She hosted the show as a favor to a friend who evidently knows and loves the consultant. I'll be curious to hear her opinion once it's all over. She's hosting another PC show for May. I won't bring it up, but I'm fairly certain she will.

All in all, I learned that this young woman, who is new to the business, probably won't last long.

*During the demo she only talked about 3 of the pieces, and those she spoke of very specifically. This meant that I didn't hear a reason to invest in the expensive jewelry. She spent a few minutes talking about how much better their host benefits are than other DS companies'. Yeah, right. As she's talking about the requirements ($250 minimum) for a show and the host benefits, I couldn't help comparing it to ours. No contest. Plus, our 1/2 price and discounts aren't limited to a dozen or so items. You would have been proud of me, though. I didn't make any faces or comments during her spiel. All I kept thinking, though, was PC rocks!

LOL - thanks for the play by play, Rae!

I have to go to a Jewelry Show next week. Can't say that I'm looking forward to it. (Don't wear a bunch of jewelry, and don't feel the need for any right now) However, the host is my neighbor, who I talked out of doing a PC Catty show while the jewelry show was going on...and she booked a PC show for June. I feel like I should be there.

Hope I can glean as much from my experience as you did from yours!:D

From the sounds of it, you were downright gracious about her behavior. It is sad that the basics are not taught anymore. Thanks for the heads up, I will make certain to cover customer service again at this weeks meeting :)
and Rae, I am sure she is spoiled if you are her consultant ;)

I don't wear a bunch of jewelry, either. This is good stuff, though. I always get compliments when I wear it. It's just hard to spend $20-$30. I took cash in order to keep within budget. One of the things The Furry Guy says that he appreciates about PC is that you can spend $20 (with the s/h, tax, and everything) and get one or two really good products.Oh, yeah, that was another thing. She said she accepts cash but didn't have any change at all. Thankfully, I had exact change. I know there are PC Consultants who don't carry a cash bag, but we live in rural Indiana. People pay by cash a lot here.

Thanks, Cheryl. I like to think I'm good at what I do. You know, relationships are all we really have in this business, even with our fabulous products.

Well, at least you learned something!! && got some jewely :)

Rae,
did this company have 2 words in their name and jewelry isn't one of them?

Yes, it did. But, like I said, the company itself isn't really the issue. I believe PC is the best DS company out there. No question. My focus was on the consultant and how she handled things. I've been to shows for this company at which the consultant did a very good job. This just wasn't one of them.

raebates said:
Oh, yeah, that was another thing. She said she accepts cash but didn't have any change at all. Thankfully, I had exact change. I know there are PC Consultants who don't carry a cash bag, but we live in rural Indiana. People pay by cash a lot here.

I never even considered having change in a cash bag. Good thing I've never had a customer at a show pay with cash.

Rae, I could guess the company by the games played. I recently attended my first show, and went:
1. out of obligation
2. to see how others do their show

I was running a little late - arrived 5 minutes after start time on invite and the guests were already involved in a game and had already been thru the opening.

At the show I attended I was surprised to see how much the Consultant said "I", "I", "I". Made me really think about how much I talk about what PC has done for me, instead of what it can do for others. I've made it a point to change some of my presentation.

I was turned off when she showed her paycheck and admitted that she had done nothing aside from 2 small online orders. It would've turned me off to wanting to join her personal team. Kind of like, look what I get when she sell, KWIM?

She also did what I would call our booking slide - made me wonder if she had recently been to a PC show, or if the idea originated with that particular company.

And please don't shoot me for this, I know some PC consultants do this too (well, maybe not the exact same, but you get the idea). BUT when my order arrived there was a postcard inside (made on vistaprint) stating that suzie host had received xdollars of jewelry for xdollars. I know she wanted to show the savings, but all I saw was how much my host spent. I thought that was very tacky. I would never want anyone to know how much I spent. And how much money the consultant made.* it came across as greedy to me. or maybe it was just my mood that week:blushing:

*edit to add: I know we put that on our letter to the host, I was just surprised to see it as a guest

Last edited:
Here's a question...I am closing a jewelry party tomorrow that I had Saturday through someone I met at an Expo. I live in Ohio and Ohio does not charge tax on shipping and handling charges and I've never seen a DS company do that here. I've bought off of several. This consultant says she HAS to charge tax on the shipping. I showed her the wording on our PC receipts and she says she never heard of such a thing but she would check into it. She checked with her upline who says to charge tax on the shipping and handling. I'm a bit frustrated since I know better...She emailed me that info today, which means some of the outside orders are going to be short and I'll probably have to make it up. One of the outside orders is from a girl who works at a company that does shipping all over the state, country and world and is also in Direct Sales so she'll know too. Perhaps it was rude of me, but I emailed back asking who is getting that money when the state of Ohio does not collect sales tax on shipping and handling charges. I mean, I honestly want to know! I can't understand why she's charging tax on it.

She also did what I would call our booking slide - made me wonder if she had recently been to a PC show, or if the idea originated with that particular company.

My jewelry consultant did the same thing...must be the trend right now...

my husband has said it is illegal to charge tax on shipping and handling.....
but....I know I've had to pay it before from other shows & I live in Ohio, too

Jennifer, you might want to also mention to her that it is illegal to profit off tax, whether it's this particular consultant or the company.

amy07 said:
Rae, I could guess the company by the games played. I recently attended my first show, and went:
1. out of obligation
2. to see how others do their show

I was running a little late - arrived 5 minutes after start time on invite and the guests were already involved in a game and had already been thru the opening.

At the show I attended I was surprised to see how much the Consultant said "I", "I", "I". Made me really think about how much I talk about what PC has done for me, instead of what it can do for others. I've made it a point to change some of my presentation.

I was turned off when she showed her paycheck and admitted that she had done nothing aside from 2 small online orders. It would've turned me off to wanting to join her personal team. Kind of like, look what I get when she sell, KWIM?

And please don't shoot me for this, I know some PC consultants do this too (well, maybe not the exact same, but you get the idea). BUT when my order arrived there was a postcard inside (made on vistaprint) stating that suzie host had received xdollars of jewelry for xdollars. I know she wanted to show the savings, but all I saw was how much my host spent. I thought that was very tacky. I would never want anyone to know how much I spent. And how much money the consultant made.* it came across as greedy to me. or maybe it was just my mood that week:blushing:

*edit to add: I know we put that on our letter to the host, I was just surprised to see it as a guest

Amy, what turned you off about showing her paycheck to the guests specifically? I have started showing my paycheck to show the awesome amt of money you can make doing PC...not to throw it in anyone's face, so if this is a turnoff, I won't do it anymore. I normally will "tell" my guests about how much I make at the biz, but sometimes I feel that the guests don't quite believe me or get it so I thought the visual would be good to have.

pampchefsarah said:
Jennifer, you might want to also mention to her that it is illegal to profit off tax, whether it's this particular consultant or the company.

I told her following the show, when I found this out, that it was illegal and she said she'd check into it. That's why I asked her who was getting the money--she keeps 50% off the top (she was very open about that which was a turnoff to me--I feel as though I'm being ripped off then) and then submits the rest of the money for the order. Someone is getting the money and even though it's only tax on $2.50 for shipping, it can add up!

The other thing is one of my guests booked a show with her, but wanted me to also do a show the same evening. A jewelry/chocolate-themed show...that will look strange if she charges tax on that and I don't (I go step by step with each person to explain the total and tell them I don't tax the shipping).

That's how I felt too Amy! At a couple other PC shows that I went to before signing the consultant (same one everytime) showed us her paycheck while telling her story and I just found it a lack of taste and more like bragging then anything else. It her case it was more about me, me, me then look what YOU could do, kwim?

I know that wasn't her intent but just the WAY she presented it was a turnoff.. I ended up waiting a couple of years and signing up under my director.

I guess it's just a personal preference and I'm sure it's different with everyone and with the way they present it. I just found her offensive.

I agree with you as well Amy!! This has been discussed here before but I think that letting people know of all the great things PC has "given" you is one thing but showing a pay check is totally different. I also don't like the post card idea that she did.

* I to don't mean to offend anybody*

I'll also start by saying that I don't mean to offend anyone...:blushing:but I also get turned off when people share with all the guests about how much they make and show their commission statements. It makes me feel like they are showing off what profits they are making off of the guests, ya know? I see the point of it, and think it is neat to share with people who express interest in the business, but to just pass around for all the guests to see feels weird to me.

babywings76 said:
I'll also start by saying that I don't mean to offend anyone...:blushing:

but I also get turned off when people share with all the guests about how much they make and show their commission statements. It makes me feel like they are showing off what profits they are making off of the guests, ya know? I see the point of it, and think it is neat to share with people who express interest in the business, but to just pass around for all the guests to see feels weird to me.

I agree, I would be less likely to buy from a consultant who did this.

First, I think Amy was talking about a check that showed little in personal sales but a lot in overrides from her downline. That says a lot about her style as a director/supervisor/whatever.Second, I'm not a big fan of showing a check, simply because I don't think that's usually the best tactic. So, if I'm not convinced it's a good thing, it won't come off well. I've seen it done well, though, as part of a recruiting presentation where this was just one part of a good "commercial."Third, as far as cash is concerned, every area is different. I do think, though, that if you aren't carrying change in a cash bag, you need to make sure you've got a few dollars and some change in your own purse so you can make a bit of change. This young woman made it very clear that she had absolutely no cash at all on her. If your order came to 34.95, she wouldn't have the nickle change for you.She didn't do a bookings slide. Now that I think of it, though, it was a lot about I. I do this. I do that. I earn. Actually, that's what was really funny. She did the whole, "What would you do with $1000 a month" during introductions. Then, she said, "Well, I don't make anywhere near that. I only do a couple of shows a month. But, some people make that." I think she'd do a lot better changing that. I've done the "How would you like to make $25 an hour?" thing. That way it doesn't matter whether you're doing one or 50 shows a month. You're talking about what's achievable.

Last edited:
It is all in how you do it and honestly your personal sensibility. I do talk about how a new consultant on my team can expect to make about $100 a night and I also have a binder that I bring. In the binder is the specials for the next 2 months, info on Round up, HWC, current recruiting promo, incentive trip and theme shows. I do mention at the back is a copy of some of my paychecks for those who are interested or just nosy :)
I put in my first as a consultant, first as a future and first as a director. It represents the income growth as your business grows.

In my Thank you email I also put down how much my host saved. I felt uncomfortable putting what she spent, and the show total seemed tacky also.
MHO

I encourage my team to either go to othe DS shows or even host one themselves. It's always a learning experience in how the others do their shows but it also reminds us what it's like to be a host again.... and sometimes after working with a consultant they can see how PC just might be a better fit for them....

I always show my cheque and my recruiting has SKYROCKETED since I started doing it. I think it has a lot to do with how ou talk about it. I always say that I do it to show them that YOU can make money in this business. You'll see from this that YOU can expect to make an average of $100 / night. It's all about them and what they can expect when they join. Not I made this and I made that.

Third, as far as cash is concerned, every area is different. I do thing, though, that if you aren't carrying change in a cash bag, you need to make sure you've got a few dollars and some change in your own purse so you can make a bit of change. This young woman made it very clear that she had absolutely no cash at all on her. If your order came to 34.95, she wouldn't have the nickle change for you.

I "Round Up" almost every one of my orders so I really don't need a "change bag", but I do carry one for those that just don't want to round up. (yes there are some out there)

raebates said:
First, I think Amy was talking about a check that showed little in personal sales but a lot in overrides from her downline. That says a lot about her style as a director/supervisor/whatever.

Second, I'm not a big fan of showing a check, simply because I don't think that's usually the best tactic. So, if I'm not convinced it's a good thing, it won't come off well. I've seen it done well, though, as part of a recruiting presentation where this was just one part of a good "commercial."

Third, as far as cash is concerned, every area is different. I do thing, though, that if you aren't carrying change in a cash bag, you need to make sure you've got a few dollars and some change in your own purse so you can make a bit of change. This young woman made it very clear that she had absolutely no cash at all on her. If your order came to 34.95, she wouldn't have the nickle change for you.

She didn't do a bookings slide. Now that I think of it, though, it was a lot about I. I do this. I do that. I earn. Actually, that's what was really funny. She did the whole, "What would you do with $1000 a month" during introductions. Then, she said, "Well, I don't make anywhere near that. I only do a couple of shows a month. But, some people make that." I think she'd do a lot better changing that. I've done the "How would you like to make $25 an hour?" thing. That way it doesn't matter whether you're doing one or 50 shows a month. You're talking about what's achievable.

That is exactly what turned me off. She just kept going on & on about how she only had 2 small online orders, but made x dollars because of what her team had done.

I agree that I'd never show a paycheck and think it is tacky.

It was at a jewlery show about 4 years ago (same company as Rae is talking about) that I saw a booking slide for the first time. I thought it was impactfull but a bit obnoxious the way it was done. I think about that when I present mine. This particular Jewlery consultant has been extremely successful as are most on her team. I have heard that they are struggling now though. I was also heavily recruited by this person (who knew I did PC). I really hate it when other DS companies try to recruit me when they know how happy I am with PC.

Winnipegk said:
I always show my cheque and my recruiting has SKYROCKETED since I started doing it.

I think it has a lot to do with how ou talk about it. I always say that I do it to show them that YOU can make money in this business. You'll see from this that YOU can expect to make an average of $100 / night. It's all about them and what they can expect when they join. Not I made this and I made that.

I've only done this 2 or 3 times, but I guess I'll stop after reading these responses. I never do it in a "bragging" way, more to show them what THEY can make by doing a little every week. I never considered it tacky. I'm always curious what other DS consultants make, so I guess maybe that's why.

chefsteph07 said:
I've only done this 2 or 3 times, but I guess I'll stop after reading these responses. I never do it in a "bragging" way, more to show them what THEY can make by doing a little every week. I never considered it tacky. I'm always curious what other DS consultants make, so I guess maybe that's why.

I'm not going to stop doing it. Like I said, if you make it about them and that you're showing them what THEY could make, then I don't think it's tacky!!!

chefsteph07 said:

Though I don't think showing a check is a good idea, I wouldn't stop talking about what PC has done for you. Letting people know that with PC you can afford to support you family, go on a vacation, home reno's, etc.

When people get together is it "normal" to take out your pay check and show all your friends what you made last month?? I've never disclosed my earnings to people and I would feel uncomfortable doing so.

I have printed out a few of mine when I have had over $1,000 in sales. I plan on using my March and April ones now plus tell them I earned the HWC products as well plus however much I saved on Conference. I make a point of telling the group, "Thanks to you and my other customers, I have been blessed to receive...". I don't pass them around for everyone but have them in my Dots binder to show anyone who wants to know what I make if they are interested in the biz. I make my own thank you notes since my DD sells Close to my Heart and I get the stamps and paper from her and put in this:"Thank you for your order on <Host's> Show. I have enclosed a mini-catalog for you. When you would like to order something else, please let me know. I am sure that <Host> will let you know when she is having her next Show. If you are interested in booking your own Cooking or Catalog Show, please let me know. I am always looking for new Hosts! I am also doing "Preferred Customer Punch Cards" this year. You will receive a punch for each $15 you spend. When you spend $195, you will receive $10 in free product. There is no limit to how many cards you can fill. You got x punches for your order." I keep the cards so I know where each person stands. I have two customers who have filled two each so far!

I too am nosy about how much other DS consultants make. I've only been in the biz about 3 months, but I feel that if anyone asks me how much I make I'm going to be honest and tell them. I also share that they can make as much as they want to, by holding more shows each month as well as earning great products which I really value.

rennea said:
When people get together is it "normal" to take out your pay check and show all your friends what you made last month?? I've never disclosed my earnings to people and I would feel uncomfortable doing so.

Not in a 'normal' situation, no. But I find that with this business, people ask and have no problem asking how much I make. It's a HUGE selling point! The reason I do it is because they can see that it's REAL. there is another company here that is notorious for telling people they can earn $2000 / month doing 2 parties a week. It's just not true! I know consultants who do 2 parties a week and they're lucky to clear $1000. I like to show them that in my recruiting talk, I'm not exaggerating when I say you can make $100 / night. People are more skeptical about DS companies and the truth in the recruiting talk so I like that I have proof. People love it and my recruiting numbers show the success I've had with it.

Steph, don't let the responses here make you stop, especially if you feel it's working for you. We all have opinions. We all have comfort zones. Like I said before, I don't see anything inherently wrong with showing a paycheck. It's all in how it's done.

raebates said:
Steph, don't let the responses here make you stop, especially if you feel it's working for you. We all have opinions. We all have comfort zones. Like I said before, I don't see anything inherently wrong with showing a paycheck. It's all in how it's done.

Exactly. There are things that other consultants can get away with that just would NOT work for me...but it works wonders for them. If it's working, keep doing it. You'll know if your guests aren't liking it. My guests LOVE it but I'm sure either someone would say something or you'd be able to sense if they were uncomfortable with it.

raebates said:

I agree on it all in how it's done. I remember my very first PC show as a guest; the consultant had a binder she passed around showing some paychecks but also pictures of what those paychecks did for her and her family--pictures of family vacations type of stuff. I found that fine. But with my jewelry party consultant telling everyone she makes 50%, it seemed a bit distasteful to me (personally, anyway). I, as a customer, do not want to think the items are marked up that high--I feel as if I'm being cheated. That's why I like PC, I may not make as much commission, but that means, to me, that our product markup is not as high and that commission is for the work I truly do.

Jennifer, someone once told me to consider how much the markup must be if they can pay the lowest person in the chain 50% commission. Really think about that. You know there have to be several people the rest of the way up that chain taking their own percentages. Plus, I'd be really surprised if they actually get to keep all of that 50%. For most DS companies the things the consultant has to pay for take up a lot of that commission.Said it before, and I'll say it again--PC rocks!

If asked, I would certainly be honest about what I make (I would say an AVERAGE of $100 a show). But I would be uncomfortable just flat out mentioning without being asked. And, I would feel uncomfortable about passing around a paycheck. Just me.

kam said:
If asked, I would certainly be honest about what I make (I would say an AVERAGE of $100 a show). But I would be uncomfortable just flat out mentioning without being asked. And, I would feel uncomfortable about passing around a paycheck. Just me.

This is how I feel, as well. I agree that it is all what you are comfortable with. My own comfort zone is to not mention a specific dollar amount unless asked, just to mention what PC has allowed me and my family to do with the extra $$. If I were at a party and the consultant said they make 50%, I would be very reluctant to buy.

raebates said:
Jennifer, someone once told me to consider how much the markup must be if they can pay the lowest person in the chain 50% commission. Really think about that. You know there have to be several people the rest of the way up that chain taking their own percentages. Plus, I'd be really surprised if they actually get to keep all of that 50%. For most DS companies the things the consultant has to pay for take up a lot of that commission.

Said it before, and I'll say it again--PC rocks!

This is exactly how I look at it and feel! Well put Rae!

raebates said:
Jennifer, someone once told me to consider how much the markup must be if they can pay the lowest person in the chain 50% commission. Really think about that. You know there have to be several people the rest of the way up that chain taking their own percentages. Plus, I'd be really surprised if they actually get to keep all of that 50%. For most DS companies the things the consultant has to pay for take up a lot of that commission.

Said it before, and I'll say it again--PC rocks!

I also find this to be hugely discouraging in convincing me to buy anything. After the 50% commission is subtracted, the consultant is basically telling you that you could get the same product at Wal-Mart (for half price).

When I sold Home Interiors I made 45% commission right off the bat. But out of that came the host items, not to mention the amount of stock and cash and carry items I had lying around. And there were new products and new catalogs EVERY month! It was really only 20 - 25% ACTUAL TAKE-TO-THE-BANK MONEY. I make at least that with PC and there is NO STOCK! And new catalogs only twice a year! I :love: PC

Recently I had a Stampin Up party for a friend. They charge tax on shipping and I ended up paying tax and shipping on the stuff I ordered and also on the free stuff I got. I was kind of taken back because it cost me about $12 in tax and shipping. Oh well, I don't understand it either.

A lot of DS companies charge the host shipping and tax on the full retail value. Many of my first-time hosts are shocked to find out that they only have to pay tax on the actual amount they're paying.

Jenni, I have done NUMEROUS direct sales parties in Ohio, and ALL of them but PC have taxed shipping. The question I get is why we DON'T tax shipping. Honestly, it makes less than a quarter's difference, and it's irrelevant if your guests round up. Every line, including my previous product line (and yes, it was jewelry) taxed shipping, and told us it was "state law." I don't know if it has something to do with where our product ships from or what.

Jewelry "seems" to have better host benefits, until you realize that $125 in host credit for a $300 show buys you two necklaces if you're lucky!

gailz2 said:
If I were at a party and the consultant said they make 50%, I would be very reluctant to buy.

That is how I felt at a makeup party I went to. It was a big event and they were saying it like we should be very excited for our consultants that they were going to take home 50% of what we paid for our items. I would feel like I was robbing my customers!

Di_Can_Cook said:
Jenni, I have done NUMEROUS direct sales parties in Ohio, and ALL of them but PC have taxed shipping. The question I get is why we DON'T tax shipping. Honestly, it makes less than a quarter's difference, and it's irrelevant if your guests round up. Every line, including my previous product line (and yes, it was jewelry) taxed shipping, and told us it was "state law." I don't know if it has something to do with where our product ships from or what.

Jewelry "seems" to have better host benefits, until you realize that $125 in host credit for a $300 show buys you two necklaces if you're lucky!

I was in the shipping and freight business for years. No, it depends on where the order is being delivered, not from where it's shipping (that's why some states don't have the shipping taxed). When I lived in California one customer had antiques bought in California shipped to Nevada, then brought them back into California, so he could save on the tax!

1. What is the purpose of attending parties for other direct sales (DS) companies?

The purpose of attending parties for other DS companies is to conduct research for one's own business and to potentially make new contacts for their own company.

2. Is it common for consultants from other DS companies to attend parties for different companies?

Yes, it is common for consultants from other DS companies to attend parties for different companies as a way to gather information and potentially make new contacts.

3. What is the purpose of the odd starting time for the party?

The odd starting time is a gimmick to help people remember the time of the party.

4. What is an example of a game that may be played at a party for a DS company?

A game that may be played at a party for a DS company is one where guests are asked to find items in their purses based on a specific letter of the alphabet, with prizes given out for the first two people to find items.

5. How did the consultant's behavior at this particular party make the author feel about the future success of the consultant's business?

The author felt that the consultant's behavior at the party, such as not engaging with guests and seeming disinterested, may indicate that the consultant will not have long-term success in the business.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Lilamyw3
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
ShellBeach
  • melissaboyd
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • byrd1956