• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Rant: I Hate When I Make Mistakes

In summary, the frustration and annoyance of making mistakes inspired the writer to write a rant. Some tips for avoiding mistakes include double-checking work and seeking help when needed. When dealing with the emotions of making a mistake, the writer suggests taking a step back and learning from the experience. The writer also shares that valuable learning experiences can come from mistakes. To forgive ourselves for making mistakes, the writer advises practicing self-compassion and acknowledging that mistakes are a natural part of being human.
heidabear
I didn't read the fine print of this month's host special and P3 said I had an error. It says past hosts can only order ONE product at 60% off, not two. So I had a past host put two on her sheet because I just assumed she could get two. And here I am, entering orders, when I read the fine print.

I guess on the bright side, she ordered one pricey one and one cheap one, so I'm going to put one as a guest special and suck up the $6 or so dollars myself. One, because I didn't know otherwise until now, and two, because she orders from me several times a year, has had a party, had several bookings from her parties, and is having another party next month. Good customer relationships rule in the end of having to fork over $6 for a stupid error. READ THE FINE PRINT!

Eh, we all make mistakes. Thank goodness yours was only a $6 one! FWIW, I think you are smart to not even go back to the past host/future host/repeat host and mention any of this to her. SHe sounds like a customer we'd all love to have!

That does happen to most of us at one time or another. Sounds like you handled it well.

At least you have that option! It's always best to read the fine print.

Any time the host gets more than one of anything, the past host will most likely one get one, not multiples. At least it wasn't cookware month! Now I'm sure you will always check and you'll never make this mistake again.;)

1. What inspired you to write this rant?

The frustration and annoyance that comes with making mistakes, especially when they could have been easily avoided, is what inspired me to write this rant.

2. Do you have any tips for avoiding making mistakes?

Yes, some tips for avoiding making mistakes include double-checking your work, taking your time, and seeking help or clarification when needed.

3. How do you handle the emotions that come with making a mistake?

I try to take a step back and assess the situation objectively. I remind myself that mistakes are a part of learning and growth, and it's important to learn from them rather than dwelling on them.

4. Have you ever made a mistake that turned out to be a valuable learning experience?

Absolutely. Some of my biggest mistakes have taught me important lessons and helped me improve in various areas of my life.

5. How can we learn to forgive ourselves for making mistakes?

It's important to acknowledge and take responsibility for our mistakes, but it's also important to practice self-compassion and understand that making mistakes is a part of being human. Remind yourself that you are capable of learning and growing from your mistakes.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefgirlrd
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
AnaCash
  • skynsea
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
skynsea
  • mechelle