• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Never Assume: A Host's Dilemma and Unexpected Turn

In summary, the conversation revolved around a host who initially couldn't hold their party at their own house and instead was looking into using their church. However, the host became unresponsive and the party seemed to be cancelled. It turns out that the host had a lot going on in their personal life and had to change the location of the party to a friend's house. The conversation ended with the reminder to never assume and to always confirm with the host before assuming the party is cancelled.
raebates
Staff member
I assumed my Monday show was not going to hold. The show was booked from a mid-October show. For a variety of reasons she couldn't do the show at her own house, so she was going to check on using her church. I told her that was fine. She asked me to wait to send the host kit to her once she had everything in place.

Then I couldn't get hold of her. Her cell (the only number I had) had no voicemail. She didn't answer my emails. I spoke with the booked-from host. I figured she'd changed her mind.

Nope! She just called. There's been a fair amount of chaos in her life including a broken arm, an arrested foster child, and a stolen car. She's arranged to host the party at a friend's house. She's excited about it.

Yippee! Never assume that just because you can't seem to get hold of someone they have decided to cancel.

I wish I had your kind of luck Rae.....the ones that I can't get ahold of typically cancel. I always leave that "last" message, and then I finally get a call back with a variety of reasons as to why they have to cancel. But, CONGRATS on yours still holding!

Hey, c00p! Haven't seen you here for a while.

Yeah....I've had a bunch of "junk" going on in my personal life and haven't taken the time to be out here. It's good to be back though!! Thanks for missing me!! :D

I think about you every time I wear my PC tie or scarf. ♥:)

I went through the same thing! I couldn't get a hold of my host, her evite had like 4 people RSVP'd...so I assume she's not taking it seriously.I finally got a hold of her...and she said 20-25 people are coming and they are all excited and that her people do not do well w/ computer responses! Show is this Saturday, it is only my 2nd show and I hope it goes really well!!!!Never assume!

1. What is "Never Assume: A Host's Dilemma and Unexpected Turn" about?

"Never Assume: A Host's Dilemma and Unexpected Turn" is a cookbook that focuses on recipes and tips for hosting successful gatherings and parties. It also addresses common assumptions and mistakes that hosts make and provides solutions for handling unexpected situations.

2. How many recipes are included in "Never Assume"?

There are over 100 recipes included in "Never Assume", ranging from appetizers and main dishes to desserts and cocktails. All recipes are designed to be easy to make and perfect for hosting.

3. Are the recipes in "Never Assume" suitable for all dietary restrictions?

Yes, "Never Assume" includes a variety of recipes that cater to different dietary restrictions, such as gluten-free, dairy-free, and vegetarian. Each recipe also includes substitutions and modifications to accommodate different dietary needs.

4. Can "Never Assume" be used for both small and large gatherings?

Absolutely! "Never Assume" offers tips and recipes for both small and large gatherings. Whether you're hosting an intimate dinner party or a big holiday gathering, this cookbook has you covered.

5. Is "Never Assume" only for experienced hosts?

No, "Never Assume" is suitable for both experienced and novice hosts. It offers helpful tips for handling unexpected situations and provides easy-to-follow recipes that anyone can make. It's a great resource for anyone looking to improve their hosting skills.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• andrealynne719
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
cookingwithlove
  • pcjenkunkel
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
AnaCash
  • GingerChef