1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Is this ethical? (Change catalog to cooking?)

1. Yakmama

Yakmama Member

I have a girl hosting a catalog show for me out of state. She is very very poor and having a really hard time making ends meet. She was really hoping that hosting a show could help her get a few free things she really needs for her kitchen.

So far her orders are only up to $150. All of her friends are also struggling financially and were unable to put in very big orders.

That said, I REALLY want to be able to give her the $15 of free product you get for having a cooking show.

Would it be ok if I told her to cook a PC recipe for her friends and then I'd count it as a cooking show instead of a catalog show?

Is this unethical?

Apr 2, 2009
  2. raebates

raebates Legend Member Staff Member

If a PC recipe is served, it would probably be okay. It's pretty close to the line, though. If it were me, I'd probably just offer the $15 in product out of my own pocket. Putting it on the host order would save you her discount, plus you'd get your commission, so it wouldn't cost you much.

Apr 2, 2009
  3. wadesgirl

wadesgirl Legend Member Gold Member

I agree with Rae, if you feel bad for her, give her a gift yourself. HO gives the $15 hospitality bonus for those who have had kitchen shows with us.

Apr 2, 2009
Have something to add?