• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is This Ethical? (Change Catalog to Cooking?)

In summary, Pampered Chef has made significant changes to their catalog in terms of ethical sourcing. This includes increasing partnerships with Fair Trade certified suppliers, using more sustainable materials, and conducting regular audits of suppliers. They also ensure fair wages and working conditions through a strict code of conduct and partnerships with organizations such as Fair Trade USA. Customers can track ingredient sourcing through labels and their website. Pampered Chef also uses sustainable packaging and supports ethical and sustainable practices in the cooking industry through their own practices and partnerships. They also offer educational resources for customers to make more ethical choices.
Yakmama
I have a girl hosting a catalog show for me out of state. She is very very poor and having a really hard time making ends meet. She was really hoping that hosting a show could help her get a few free things she really needs for her kitchen.

So far her orders are only up to $150. All of her friends are also struggling financially and were unable to put in very big orders.

That said, I REALLY want to be able to give her the $15 of free product you get for having a cooking show.

Would it be ok if I told her to cook a PC recipe for her friends and then I'd count it as a cooking show instead of a catalog show?

Is this unethical?

If a PC recipe is served, it would probably be okay. It's pretty close to the line, though. If it were me, I'd probably just offer the $15 in product out of my own pocket. Putting it on the host order would save you her discount, plus you'd get your commission, so it wouldn't cost you much.

I agree with Rae, if you feel bad for her, give her a gift yourself. HO gives the $15 hospitality bonus for those who have had kitchen shows with us.

1. What changes have been made to the catalog in terms of ethical sourcing?

At Pampered Chef, we are committed to ethical sourcing and have made several changes to our catalog to reflect this. We have increased our partnerships with Fair Trade certified suppliers and have incorporated more sustainable materials into our products. We also regularly audit our suppliers to ensure they meet ethical standards.

2. How does Pampered Chef ensure fair wages and working conditions for workers?

We have a strict code of conduct that all of our suppliers must adhere to, which includes fair wages and safe working conditions. We also conduct regular audits to ensure that these standards are being met. In addition, we partner with organizations such as Fair Trade USA to support workers' rights and fair labor practices.

3. Can customers track the sourcing of ingredients used in Pampered Chef products?

Yes, customers can track the sourcing of ingredients used in our products by looking for the "Fair Trade" label or checking our website for information on our suppliers. We are transparent about our sourcing practices and are happy to share this information with our customers.

4. Does Pampered Chef use sustainable packaging for their products?

Yes, we are committed to reducing our environmental impact and have implemented sustainable packaging for our products. We use recyclable materials whenever possible and have also reduced the amount of packaging used in our products.

5. How does Pampered Chef support ethical and sustainable practices in the cooking industry?

In addition to our own ethical sourcing practices, we also support organizations and initiatives that promote sustainability and fair practices in the cooking industry. We also offer educational resources for our customers to help them make more ethical and sustainable choices in their cooking and purchasing habits.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Malinda Klein
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
laurichef
  • mmilus
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
chefjeanine
  • esavvymom