• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Post Calls: Uses, Benefits & How It Works

In summary, a post call is a cooking technique where food is initially cooked over high heat and then removed from the heat to finish cooking with residual heat. This method is best suited for delicate foods, such as fish and vegetables, and can prevent overcooking and retain natural flavors and nutrients. To properly execute a post call, a heavy-bottomed pot or pan is recommended, but any type of pot or pan that can withstand high heat can be used.
Kathytnt
Who uses post calls - What are you uses for it and tell me a little more how it works. Or Organization conference speaker suggested it for Big MAC calls and Out of the Box calls and I know other people have used it for show reminder calls

Thanks, Kathy

I use it for reminder calls but not MACs and Out of the Box. I believe those are best in person so you can ask if there is anything else they want. Email me at [email protected] if you want a referral letter to get the 7.5 cents per call.

I have used it, although it has been a while. I used it as the reminder calls for a show. I purposely sent it about 10:00 a.m. hoping that people wouldn't be home and they coudln't tell it was a recording.

I will also use it for a follow up as invites for my own Mystery Host show or Fall Kick off show --- any show that I personally have at the house. If you invite a ton of people, I would have some that receive calls by post calls and others that receive them from me. I sent out about 150 invites to my last Mystery Host show and knew that I could not call everyone personally to invite them.

I would not use it for Big MAC calls or OTB calls as I want to have the conversation if someone answers. These calls to me, even if I end up leaving messages, are calls that I want to talk to someone and see if I can get another sale or booking or just to caring on a conversation.

HTH

Related to Post Calls: Uses, Benefits & How It Works

What is a post call and how does it work?

A post call is a cooking technique where food is cooked in a pot or pan over high heat and then removed from the heat to finish cooking. The residual heat from the pot or pan continues to cook the food without burning it. This method is commonly used for delicate foods that require gentle cooking, such as fish and vegetables.

What are the benefits of using post calls?

Using post calls can help prevent overcooking and burning of delicate foods. It also allows for more control over the cooking process, as the residual heat can be adjusted by the cook. Additionally, post calls can help retain the natural flavors and nutrients of the food being cooked.

What types of dishes are best suited for post calls?

Post calls are best suited for delicate foods such as fish, vegetables, and eggs. This cooking method is also great for finishing off sauces and soups, as it allows for gentle heating without boiling or scorching.

How do I properly execute a post call?

To execute a post call, simply heat your pot or pan on high heat and cook the food for a short period of time, usually just until it starts to brown. Then, remove the pot or pan from the heat and let the residual heat continue to cook the food until it reaches the desired level of doneness.

Can I use any type of pot or pan for a post call?

Ideally, you should use a heavy-bottomed pot or pan for a post call, as it will retain heat better and prevent the food from cooling down too quickly. However, in a pinch, you can use any type of pot or pan as long as it is able to withstand high heat.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pchockeymom
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Karen Weber
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Karen Weber
  • coriatc