• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

forThose Who Use Post Calls or Similar Service

In summary, the FTC has created new regulations governing prerecorded telemarketing calls. Beginning September 1, 2009, telemarketers must obtain written permission from call recipients before contacting them with a prerecorded message. From December 1, 2008, prerecorded telephone marketing calls must have an opt-out mechanism so that recipients can elect not to receive unsolicited calls in the future. Telemarketers with existing customer relationships will be allowed to continue using prerecorded messages for one year after the rule is published in the Federal Register. On January 1, 2010, prerecorded calls will need to comply with additional requirements, such as having an automated interactive voice and/or keypress-activated opt-out mechanism. Charitable organizations will be allowed to contact
Chef Kearns
Gold Member
CONSUMER ALERT
New FTC Rule Will Let Telephone Customers Avoid Prerecorded Telemarketing Calls
The Federal Trade Commission (FTC) has announced a new rule governing telemarketing calls that feature prerecorded messages. Beginning Sept. 1, 2009, telemarketing companies must obtain call recipients’ written permission before contacting them with a prerecorded message. More immediately, effective Dec. 1, 2008, prerecorded telephone marketing calls must have an opt-out mechanism so that recipients can elect not to receive those unsolicited calls in the future.

Telemarketers with pre-existing customer relationships will be allowed to continue using prerecorded messages to contact those customers only for one year after the rule is published in the Federal Register. At that time, telemarketing companies will need their customer’s written permission before calling anyone with a prerecorded message.

Under the new regulations, charitable organizations can continue contacting their members or previous donors, but will need to offer an opt-out mechanism once the new rule goes into effect.

The FTC’s new rule will not prohibit customers from receiving certain prerecorded informational calls, such as those which announce flight delay notifications, upcoming appointments, or similarly helpful information. These phone calls are unaffected by the new rule because they are not used to market products or services to the recipient. Healthcare-related phone calls also are exempt from the new regulations.

Under the new rule, the prerecorded telemarketing calls must:

allow the telephone to ring for at least 15 seconds or four rings before an unanswered call is disconnected;

begin the prerecorded message within two seconds of a completed greeting by the recipient;

disclose at the outset of the call that the recipient may ask to be placed on the company's do-not-call list at any time during the message;

in cases where the call is answered by a person, make an automated interactive voice and/or keypress-activated opt-out mechanism available during the message that adds the recipient’s telephone number to the company's do-not-call list and then immediately ends the call; and

in cases where the call is answered by an answering machine or voicemail, provide a toll-free number that allows the recipient to be connected to an automated interactive voice and/or keypress-activated opt-out mechanism anytime after the message is received.

The new rule can be viewed online at Federal Trade Commission - Home.

Chef Kearns said:
CONSUMER ALERT
New FTC Rule Will Let Telephone Customers Avoid Prerecorded Telemarketing Calls
The Federal Trade Commission (FTC) has announced a new rule governing telemarketing calls that feature prerecorded messages. Beginning Sept. 1, 2009, telemarketing companies must obtain call recipients’ written permission before contacting them with a prerecorded message. More immediately, effective Dec. 1, 2008, prerecorded telephone marketing calls must have an opt-out mechanism so that recipients can elect not to receive those unsolicited calls in the future.

Telemarketers with pre-existing customer relationships will be allowed to continue using prerecorded messages to contact those customers only for one year after the rule is published in the Federal Register. At that time, telemarketing companies will need their customer’s written permission before calling anyone with a prerecorded message.

Under the new regulations, charitable organizations can continue contacting their members or previous donors, but will need to offer an opt-out mechanism once the new rule goes into effect.

The FTC’s new rule will not prohibit customers from receiving certain prerecorded informational calls, such as those which announce flight delay notifications, upcoming appointments, or similarly helpful information. These phone calls are unaffected by the new rule because they are not used to market products or services to the recipient. Healthcare-related phone calls also are exempt from the new regulations.

Under the new rule, the prerecorded telemarketing calls must:

allow the telephone to ring for at least 15 seconds or four rings before an unanswered call is disconnected;

begin the prerecorded message within two seconds of a completed greeting by the recipient;

disclose at the outset of the call that the recipient may ask to be placed on the company's do-not-call list at any time during the message;

in cases where the call is answered by a person, make an automated interactive voice and/or keypress-activated opt-out mechanism available during the message that adds the recipient’s telephone number to the company's do-not-call list and then immediately ends the call; and

in cases where the call is answered by an answering machine or voicemail, provide a toll-free number that allows the recipient to be connected to an automated interactive voice and/or keypress-activated opt-out mechanism anytime after the message is received.

The new rule can be viewed online at Federal Trade Commission - Home.

I don't use PostCalls at this time, but I would think that reminder calls for a show they've been invited to would fall under the part I highlighted.

Is a recorded "reminder" message to a party they are invited to count as telemarketing? Hmmm...I am gonna wait and see before I get all freaked out and upset about this...

ChefBeckyD said:
I don't use PostCalls at this time, but I would think that reminder calls for a show they've been invited to would fall under the part I highlighted.

That's what I am thinking!

I just wanted to get the information out there. For reminder calls I don't think we will be affected, but I do know some consultants who use their account for more than just reminder calls.

That makes sense! I just didn't want to be worried and thinking that I couldn't do reminder calls anymore...it has REALLY helped my business and attendance!

What about invitation calls? I use Post Calls as an invitation now, especially when I book within a week of the show! Maybe if the host does the recorded call?!?

cmdtrgd said:
What about invitation calls? I use Post Calls as an invitation now, especially when I book within a week of the show! Maybe if the host does the recorded call?!?

I would like to know about this too!

I have done invite calls...and also, more recently a "pre-invite" call to let them know that the invite is on the way, but talking up the show. Then a reminder call 1-2 days before the show. That helped me A TON!

Man!!! How do we find out the details about the invite calls?

Luckily it isn't until September 2009 that this will be the "law".

What a bummer!!

1. What are post calls and why do I need them?

Post calls are a type of customer service where representatives reach out to customers after a purchase has been made. This allows for personalized assistance and support, as well as an opportunity for feedback. It can also help address any issues or concerns that may have arisen after the purchase.

2. How do I access post calls for my order?

If you have made a purchase with Pampered Chef, you will automatically receive a post call from one of our representatives. You can also request a post call by contacting our customer service team. We are happy to assist you in any way we can.

3. Is there a fee for post calls?

No, post calls are a complimentary service provided by Pampered Chef to ensure our customers are satisfied with their purchases and have all their questions answered. There is no additional fee for this service.

4. What can I expect during a post call?

During a post call, our representative will ask about your experience with our product, if you have any questions or concerns, and if you have any feedback or suggestions for improvement. They may also offer tips and tricks for using the product or suggest other Pampered Chef items that may complement your purchase.

5. Can I schedule a post call for a future purchase?

Currently, post calls are only available for completed purchases. However, you can always contact our customer service team for any questions or concerns you may have about a future purchase. We are always happy to assist you in any way we can.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Poll
  • PamperchefJames
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
PamperchefJames
  • mrssyvo
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Admin Greg