• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Customer Care/Making Followup Calls From Booths

In summary, Suzy has been trying to get people she met at 2 fairs to call her back, but has had little success. She suggests leaving
Suzy Englert
I have some good leads from 2 booths/fairs I did earlier this month-several people told me that they wanted to host shows. I said I'd call them, as people never seem to have their calendars w/them at fairs and I can't get them to even pencil in a date.

I've called several people several times, leaving message about our great specials, I'd love to work with them, our $2.00 per serving recipes, etc. I'm realizing that I need to create a sense of "urgency" in my messages-you probably know what I mean-a message that will let them know how important it is for them to call me back, especially when they indicated they wanted to book a show.

Yes, people have busy lives, and PC is not always the most important thing in their lives, but returned calls are important. Any advice/wording on how to get these prospective hosts to call me back, and suggestions for the future when meeting with prospective hosts who aren't yet ready to book show?

Thanks,
Suzy in Texas

When I do booth's and are following up and have to leave a voicemail I usually say something like:

Hi Suzy, this is Laurie with PC we met at the (say event) on Friday night. It was so nice talking to you. I was calling to let you know you won the drawing. Please call me back at 123-456-7890. If I don't here from you by (put day in) I will give you a call back. It was nice to meet you and I look forward to talking to you.

This takes about 30 seconds and I have good result's with people calling me back, because they want to see what they won. I do a drawing for a free cooking show. Everyone who checked they were interested in a party wins.

My messages are very similar to Laurie's.

There are a few things you want to keep in mind:
  • People often say yes to things on the slips because they think it gives them a better shot at winning, not because they're truly interested.

• Don't give them all sorts of info in your message. The shorter your message, the more likely they are to call you back. Just be sure to tell them who you are and why you're calling.

• Let them know it's okay to tell you know, but you'll keep calling until you connect with them. This way you're less of an "annoyance" if they talk to you than if they don't.

• You mention adding a "sense of urgency" to your messages. I'm not sure exactly what you mean. However, I can tell you that, as someone who attends a lot of expos and fairs as a customer (not an exhibitor), I really don't like some of the calls I get later from companies that make it seem like life or death for me to get back with them.*

Don't give up.

*BTW, I never indicate I'm interested in anything I'm not truly interested in hearing more about. Still, we get calls from companies saying we "expressed interest in" siding, new windows, etc. When I make calls, I simply thank people for stopping by my booth and remind them that they can call if they need me; unless, of course, they've actually said they were interested in something.

Thank you both for your suggestions. I like the idea of leaving the message to let them know that they've won but not telling them what they've won! I'll try that with the next booth I work.

It's great to be in a business where you're always learning and one that everyone helps each other with. I really appreciate your help!

Suzy in Texas

Hi Suzy,I completely understand the challenge of getting people to call you back, especially when it comes to booking shows. One thing that has worked for me is creating a sense of urgency in my messages. I like to mention that our current specials and $2 per serving recipes are only available for a limited time and that I would hate for them to miss out on these amazing deals. I also like to remind them that hosting a show is a great way to get together with friends, have some fun, and earn free and discounted products.In terms of meeting with prospective hosts who aren't ready to book a show yet, I always make sure to leave the door open for future opportunities. I like to say something like, "I completely understand if now isn't the right time for you to host a show, but please keep me in mind for the future. I would love to work with you whenever you are ready."I hope these suggestions help. Best of luck with your future bookings!Sincerely,

1. How do I handle difficult customers during a follow-up call from a booth?

When dealing with difficult customers during a follow-up call, it is important to remain calm and professional. Listen to their concerns and try to find a solution that meets their needs. If necessary, involve a supervisor or higher-level representative to assist in resolving the issue.

2. What is the purpose of making follow-up calls from booths?

The purpose of making follow-up calls from booths is to reach out to customers who have recently interacted with your company or made a purchase. These calls allow you to gather feedback, address any issues or concerns, and build a stronger relationship with your customers.

3. How often should follow-up calls be made from booths?

The frequency of follow-up calls from booths will depend on your company's specific goals and customer base. However, it is generally recommended to make follow-up calls within a week of the initial interaction or purchase. This allows enough time for the customer to experience the product or service before providing feedback.

4. What should I do if a customer requests to be removed from the follow-up call list?

If a customer requests to be removed from the follow-up call list, be sure to honor their request and update your records accordingly. Additionally, take this opportunity to ask for feedback on why they no longer wish to receive follow-up calls and use this information to improve your customer care process.

5. Are there any best practices for making effective follow-up calls from booths?

Yes, there are several best practices for making effective follow-up calls from booths. These include having a clear purpose for the call, actively listening to the customer, being empathetic and understanding, and following up on any promises or commitments made during the call. It is also important to have a positive and professional attitude throughout the call.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• naekelsey
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
naekelsey
  • esavvymom
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Maggievl
  • dkitten13