1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Customer Care/Making Followup Calls from Booths

1. Suzy Englert

Suzy Englert Member

I have some good leads from 2 booths/fairs I did earlier this month-several people told me that they wanted to host shows. I said I'd call them, as people never seem to have their calendars w/them at fairs and I can't get them to even pencil in a date.

I've called several people several times, leaving message about our great specials, I'd love to work with them, our $2.00 per serving recipes, etc. I'm realizing that I need to create a sense of "urgency" in my messages-you probably know what I mean-a message that will let them know how important it is for them to call me back, especially when they indicated they wanted to book a show.

Yes, people have busy lives, and PC is not always the most important thing in their lives, but returned calls are important. Any advice/wording on how to get these prospective hosts to call me back, and suggestions for the future when meeting with prospective hosts who aren't yet ready to book show?

Thanks,
    Suzy in Texas

Apr 16, 2009
  2. pamperedpals

pamperedpals Senior Member Gold Member

When I do booth's and are following up and have to leave a voicemail I usually say something like:

Hi Suzy, this is Laurie with PC we met at the (say event) on Friday night. It was so nice talking to you. I was calling to let you know you won the drawing. Please call me back at 123-456-7890. If I don't here from you by (put day in) I will give you a call back. It was nice to meet you and I look forward to talking to you.

This takes about 30 seconds and I have good result's with people calling me back, because they want to see what they won. I do a drawing for a free cooking show. Everyone who checked they were interested in a party wins.

Apr 16, 2009
  3. raebates

raebates Legend Member Staff Member

My messages are very similar to Laurie's.

There are a few things you want to keep in mind:
    • People often say yes to things on the slips because they think it gives them a better shot at winning, not because they're truly interested.

• Don't give them all sorts of info in your message. The shorter your message, the more likely they are to call you back. Just be sure to tell them who you are and why you're calling.

• Let them know it's okay to tell you know, but you'll keep calling until you connect with them. This way you're less of an "annoyance" if they talk to you than if they don't.

• You mention adding a "sense of urgency" to your messages. I'm not sure exactly what you mean. However, I can tell you that, as someone who attends a lot of expos and fairs as a customer (not an exhibitor), I really don't like some of the calls I get later from companies that make it seem like life or death for me to get back with them.*

Don't give up.

*BTW, I never indicate I'm interested in anything I'm not truly interested in hearing more about. Still, we get calls from companies saying we "expressed interest in" siding, new windows, etc. When I make calls, I simply thank people for stopping by my booth and remind them that they can call if they need me; unless, of course, they've actually said they were interested in something.

Apr 16, 2009
  4. Suzy Englert

Suzy Englert Member

Thank you both for your suggestions. I like the idea of leaving the message to let them know that they've won but not telling them what they've won! I'll try that with the next booth I work.

It's great to be in a business where you're always learning and one that everyone helps each other with. I really appreciate your help!

Suzy in Texas

Apr 16, 2009
Have something to add?