• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Poll: Do You Do Guest Introductions?

In summary, this summarizer wrote that most people do introductions at the beginning of a show, and they ask the guest's name, favorite product, and what they know about the host. They usually volunteer to tell why the product is their favorite. This summarizer also said that if someone is not familiar with PC, or they haven't bought anything yet, they will usually say it in a positive manner. The summarizer also said that if someone is late, they will assign name tags to the host and ask questions.

Do you do Guest Introductions?

• Total voters
Christ Follower
Gold Member
I've almost always done guest introductions at the beginning of a show. I ask their name and favorite product. They usually end up selling the product for me. I don't do this if the show is starting really late though. I've been thinking about cutting intros alltogether but I'm not sure....

Let me know what works for you....

I do an introduction. I ask them to give their name, tell how they know the host, and if they already have PC items, to tell everyone what is their favorite product. They usually volunteer to tell why the product is their favorite.

If someone isn't familiar with PC, or they haven't bought anything yet, they will usually say it in a positive manner, like I don't have anything yet, but I'm excited to get something soon! They're rewarded with a Kiss (Hersheys) if they do that, and I tell them that if they're this excited about getting to order, just wait until they get their products. I follow that by saying that I've tried to start a support group for PC addicts, but we all just kept buying more products!!

I have been doing something totally different. I have them introduce themselves and say ONE WORD to describe the host. As they are doing this, I pass around the Season's Best and have them write that word and sign their name inside the SB. They are usually flattered so much, and then they have the SB to be able to look back and see what everyone said about them.

Most of the time, I have seen many of the characteristics that they name in the host already. Or, if it is someone that I really have had a hard time "reading" I will get to know them better through this!

It goes over very well and keeps the intro time down to a minimum.

I do intros throughout my show. I have them say their name and favorite product (I also tell them that no one is allowd to have the same product so it domeone already said theirs then they have to have a new favorite). It usually takes my whole demo to get through the intros as I only do them duting 'down' time when I'm chopping or mixing or something.

Like Kelly, I do the introductions, having the guests describe the host in one word. I laughingly remind them that, "Now, I know I won't have any trouble with this crowd, but I do ask every crowd to keep it nice, and keep it clean." That always gets a laugh. (I remind them of this when they're writing a note to the host in the Season's Best, too.) I also let them know that duplicates are fine. This cuts down on the time spent with "Oh, everyone's already taken my word!"I do mine this way for several reasons.
  1. It supports my assertion that my focus is helping them, not just selling them.
  2. It makes the host feel great. I believe this is one of the reasons I have lots of return hosts. I've had more than one host say that they haven't felt this loved and appreciated in years.
  3. The "one word" keeps the intros short. Since I'm usually doing the Have it! Love it! game, the guests will have plenty of time to sell the products for me. :D
  4. It sets my shows apart because it's a bit different than what most guests are used to.

[*]The "one word" keeps the intros short. Since I'm usually doing the Have it! Love it! game, the guests will have plenty of time to sell the products for me. :D
Ok, this is a new one for me...what's the "Have it! Love it!" game??

I use name tags......I greet and introduce myself to everyone as they come in, and then write their name on the name tag (I wear one too), explaining to them that I am very visual, and if I see their name close to their face - I'll be more able to remember them at the next show! (which is true for me). It makes people feel very good when you can call them by name throughout the show....and it makes them feel even better when you can greet them by name at the next show they attend!

Anyway......I have gotten away from doing introductions, because I feel like it's a bit redundant, since I have chatted with them before we begin. I assign name tags to the host to do for those who are late arrivals. I ask alot of questions during my show about favorite products, and if any one has this or that tool or product, and then I ask them to tell me why and what they love about their products......

c00p said:
Ok, this is a new one for me...what's the "Have it! Love it!" game??

I tell my guests that, when I mention a product, the first person to yell, "Have it! Love it!" and tell everyone why they love it, will get a kiss. I show them a Hershey Kiss. Anyone asking a question about a product or about the business will also get a kiss. At the end of my part of the party (the type of show determines whether that's the end of the catalog or the end of the demo), the person with the most candies or empty wrappers gets a prize.

It gets everyone involved. To me the best thing about this game is that the guests have more credibility with the other guests than I do. Often they know one another. They've just met me, and I'm "paid to sell the stuff."

What Linda said......

:D

pamperedlinda said:
I do intros throughout my show. I have them say their name and favorite product (I also tell them that no one is allowd to have the same product so it domeone already said theirs then they have to have a new favorite). It usually takes my whole demo to get through the intros as I only do them duting 'down' time when I'm chopping or mixing or something.

i like the hate it love it, w/the kiss. awesome! I think i heard that at NC but there was like an overload of info, for me, as a first timer.

pamperedlinda said:

Usually when I have duplicate favorites, those are the things I sell a lot of b/c everyone that doesn't already have one, now wants one.:D

RecruitingSince I would like to recruit some more ladies I have started to do the "Tell me your name and what you would do with an extra $100 a month!"

This way I can find out what they would do with that money and then go into a little spiel about why I joined PC and why others join! Sometimes I bring a paycheck statement and pass it around asking what they would do with the amount on the check. Either one works.

Throughout the show I ask if anyone has a certain product I am demonstrating or what their favorite PC product is and ask them how they like it and what they use it to make. I agree they sell the product for me.

Debbie :D

Anyone else want to vote?

I have always done introductions and can never see my self not doing it. I make it a point to remember guests names-there is a trick to this,as I can't always remember them all, I try to remember the person to my left, the person to my right and the person directly in front of me-they always think I have remembered everyone's name!
People always feel special when you remember and use their name (don't you?). I tell them "most of you know each other but I don't, so tell me your name, how you know our Host and what you would use an extra $300-$500 a month for". As the show progresses, I start asking "who has this product?" and then I shut up and let them sell it!

I have each guest intro themselves with either their "juiciest kitchen secret" or biggest "faux pas"...I do change around from show to show, but it so funny what you hear! Everything from exploding eggs, to hiding take out bags, to many kitchen fires (myself included).

I voted otherI sometimes start with intros but find I/we get distracted as they say their product - - talking about those products. lol. I try to give guests at least 3 uses for every product mentioned (and think of one they haven't mentioned).

I make everyone fill out their 1st name and use favorite product as their last name. Can be pretty funny sometimes. I find that breaks the ice and gets them talking about products right away (gives them something to talk about if they don't know everyone).

ChefBeckyD said:
Anyway......I have gotten away from doing introductions, because I feel like it's a bit redundant, since I have chatted with them before we begin.....I ask alot of questions during my show about favorite products, and if any one has this or that tool or product, and then I ask them to tell me why and what they love about their products......

This is what I do. I make sure to engage the guests in conversation and introduce myself as they arrive, so introductions as part of the show are redundant. I do lots of asking about what they have as well and ask them to share why they love it, etc.

KellyTheChef said:
I have been doing something totally different. I have them introduce themselves and say ONE WORD to describe the host. As they are doing this, I pass around the Season's Best and have them write that word and sign their name inside the SB. They are usually flattered so much, and then they have the SB to be able to look back and see what everyone said about them.

Most of the time, I have seen many of the characteristics that they name in the host already. Or, if it is someone that I really have had a hard time "reading" I will get to know them better through this!

It goes over very well and keeps the intro time down to a minimum.

Kelly, did you watch my show the other night??? ;) That's what I started doing and my Mom's show was the first I did it at the other night and she was totally flattered! She has cancer and thought a show would be a great way to see all her friends together and catch up with them. It turned out to be a little sappy, actually, but it was nice! :)

PChefPEI said:
Kelly, did you watch my show the other night??? ;) That's what I started doing and my Mom's show was the first I did it at the other night and she was totally flattered! She has cancer and thought a show would be a great way to see all her friends together and catch up with them. It turned out to be a little sappy, actually, but it was nice! :)
So far, every show that I have done like this it's been really nice, sweet, and sappy...I love it! I am such a crybaby, though! I tear up almost every time!

I always do introductions and usually mix it up especially if it's a show that was booked from another one and there are a lot of the same people there.

I have started doing the word to describe the host and that has been very popular. I also ask their favorite PC product or what would be on their wish list. When it's close to the holidays I'll ask what would you give as a gift or in the Spring I'll ask what would you give as a wedding gift. That way I sell products and gifts at the same time:)!

I do like the extra money idea. I've heard of it but not tried it. I may have to do that at some of my fall shows since many of them will be the same people I've had at other shows.

pampchefrhondab said:
I always do introductions and usually mix it up especially if it's a show that was booked from another one and there are a lot of the same people there.

I have started doing the word to describe the host and that has been very popular. I also ask their favorite PC product or what would be on their wish list. When it's close to the holidays I'll ask what would you give as a gift or in the Spring I'll ask what would you give as a wedding gift. That way I sell products and gifts at the same time:)!

I do like the extra money idea. I've heard of it but not tried it. I may have to do that at some of my fall shows since many of them will be the same people I've had at other shows.

I like the "extra $$" idea except before I ever did PC and heard this at parties, I knew it was a set up for the business spiel.

I always do the introduction, although if it is more than 15 guests I have every other person share to save time.

I find that the intro (name and favorite product) serves 3 purposes: 1) to be an ice breaker; 2) to allow folks to talk about their favorite products...and therefore sell them for me; and 3) for me to know how to move to other products if they weren't discussed. For example, if no one talks about stoneware, at the end of the intro's I might say "I can't believe no one talked about the stoneware....how many of you have stones out there"...then I either ask what that person does with their stone (or persons) or, if it is still "in the box"...I talk about stones in general. And, if all the sharing is on very low cost items, I now have the opportunity to speak on mid-higher level products that might not have been mentioned.

I have them describe the host in one word, starting with the first letter of their first name (the guest's name, not the host) and then their favorite product. The hostess is really built up by the time then get around to them. I also pass the Season's Best for the guests to sign, and have them flip through it, and if they see a recipe they want the hsotess to prepare for them next time they come over for dinner, write a note on that page. It always gets a big laugh, and helps loosen them up.

I heard recently on a training call- I can't remember which one- to skip the intro's in the interest of time....I have found skipping the intro/fav product at the beginning really does help- I agree also about the love it/have it game, but that usually gets a little rowdy and that can add to the time the show takes.
For some reason, God has given me one gift- it happens to be a gift with remembering names. I am able to introduce myself to guests as they arrive, and remember their names for the whole show(at a July show there were 30 people there!)-- so in the interest of time- when we are ready to get started I say something like this- "Thank you all for coming...bla,bla,- You all know our hostess________, but may not all know eachother. Please let me introduce you to________, and_________who brought her friend__________who knows our hostess from the PTA (or whatever), and I go around the room until everyone has been introduced. Of course, then i tease them that there will be a quiz at the end...I then pass a SB cookbook for each guest to sign for the hostess and we get started.. Then I call on people (by name) throughout the show and get them to share their favorite tip or product. I can't do the intro and start the recipe at the same time(remember, God only gave me one gift : ) ), so I find that this has cut down my demo time.

Related to Poll: Do You Do Guest Introductions?

What is a guest introduction?

A guest introduction is when you introduce a new person to the rest of the group, usually at a social event or business meeting.

Why is it important to do guest introductions?

Guest introductions are important because they help make the new person feel welcome and included in the group. It also helps other members of the group get to know the new person and can facilitate conversation and networking.

What should I include in a guest introduction?

A guest introduction should include the person's name, a brief description of who they are and their background, and any relevant information or connections they have to the group or event.

When is the appropriate time to do guest introductions?

Guest introductions should typically be done at the start of a meeting or event, after everyone has arrived and settled in. However, if the group is small and the new person arrives later, it is appropriate to do the introduction then.

How can I make a guest introduction more engaging?

You can make a guest introduction more engaging by including a fun fact or interesting detail about the person, asking them to share a bit about themselves, or encouraging other members of the group to ask questions and get to know the new person.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• beckypchef
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
sklay723
  • ChefJWarren
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
littlebeans
  • wadesgirl