• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How Do You Guys Handle Check Out?

In summary, the host's expert suggests that they try and keep their presentation to a reasonable length, and that they ask each person to drop their order off one by one.
nickywsn
I've just done my 5th show and it seems like that everything wants to fall apart at checkout time. :( What I mean by this is that I don't feel very organized and everybody is wanting to check out at once and I don't get a chance to talk to each guest about booking/cross selling etc.:confused: Don't get me wrong...I've had some very good shows but it's driving me nuts about this one aspect of my shows. I'd love any suggestions. I think I'm having trouble "ending" things and saying ..."ok...here's where I'll be when you're ready to place your order"

Any suggestions?:confused: What do you all do?

Hello! I've only had 9 shows now...And I was THEE EXACT same way...
What I do now, is right before the show, I look around the house & find a place a way from the crowd...a sitting area or something...I let the host know when its time to make their orders, that I will go to that area so that I can focus. Its been 100% better...and you can even mention it towards the end of your demo. :)

I was taught by my NED to ask them each to drop their order form on the table by me and go grab themselves a plateful to eat. Then I will call them in when I am ready to ring them up - this way they have some time to go socialize and relax while I ring up other people and I am able to get some one-on-one time with each of them.

Last edited:
I do what Carolyn does. I also make sure I am in a different room.

I like to be in the same room, or at least fairly close by. This way I can answer questions as they come up. If things get too chaotic, I ask everyone to slow down and give me the time to treat each of them as the honored guest they are. It usually gets me a chuckle and things calm down a bit.

I like to be in the same room to or at least really close by cause that way I can answer questions etc. I just tell them to drop my order next to me and when I am ready I'll call them.

Great ideas, thanks!

I do the same as above -- go to another area away from the chaos, ask them to drop off the form and call them up one by one. However, I also state that if anyone needs to leave right away, to please come up and see me first.

thanks for all the great ideas! I can't wait for my show on Sunday now. Checkout was the only part I dreaded!

I try to do the "drop your order off, then go eat, then come back when you're done eating and socializing" thing, but they almost always line up with their orders in their hands. I try telling them to just leave them but they're like, "oh I'll just wait til Suzie's done..." It kind of drives me crazy!

When I am finishing up I tell everyone where I will be taking orders and that I would like to check out 1 person at a time. This way I can make sure they know the warranty info about the items they are purchasing and offer some recipe ideas. I have them drop their orders face down if they have their order ready. Once I am done with one person I have them send in the next "waiting" person. Most of the time it works geat other times I have a line.

pchefjennoy said:
When I am finishing up I tell everyone where I will be taking orders and that I would like to check out 1 person at a time. This way I can make sure they know the warranty info about the items they are purchasing and offer some recipe ideas. I have them drop their orders face down if they have their order ready. Once I am done with one person I have them send in the next "waiting" person. Most of the time it works geat other times I have a line.

That's pretty much what I do too!:)

I try and do the drop your order off thing as well, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't... I also do the 3 pile system with the No risk factor recruiting and your life, your way flyer, a booking tree, and a recipe card. Then I remember to ask everyone!

One big suggestion is to try and keep your presentation a reasonable length of time. People get itchy to leave if the show has gone on too long. Try tightening your schedule a little bit and see if that helps!

My AD just told me about the 3 pile system, I think I am going to be implementing that into my future shows!

What's the 3 pile system? I think I have an idea, I just would like to know the details and the benefits.

I want to know too!

Three piles---biz info, hosting info, recipe cards.

Go over each pile with each guest, asking them if they'd like info. You start with the biz and end with the recipes because no one turns down a recipe and then you've ended on a warm fuzzy yes!

what is the three pile system? how does it work?

I havne't had much problems with them dropping off their orders. Except some times people tend to hang out and it is obvious those are the ones who have some place to go. I try to go to the side and really most of the time I have not found a place away from the crowd but have tried that once in a while too. I like to hear what people are saying though so I can answer questions while I am entering the orders in my computer.

I had the 3 pile method on my list to do for a while. Things kept happening (like I would forget) and it never got done until this weekend. I also played the ticket game and thought I had a couple interested. While no one asked for information on the opportunity, I had 2 take packets for shows. I really like it.

I also do the drop off your order thing. I also finished up my flute cake and put it in the fridge for a few seconds for the cool whip to get hard.....they are waiting around anxiously for that..then I have the host pull it out and they chow down. I also bring a couple extra items from home and set them up around the hosts house that I didn't show like a woven selection with a couple candles on it from the hosts home or something...and suggests they all go look how great these things look using them for other things. It works great.

what is a booking tree?

can someone pls explain the 3 pile system to me?
thanks

I generaly try and find a place... Like the dinning room table away from everyone.... I let everyone know where I will be sitting and they can come up one at a time and I will check them out. The host is always eger to start the passing of plates of food to the guest so it slows down the mad rush.... and they always love socializing!! :)

heather9892 said:
can someone pls explain the 3 pile system to me?
thanks

QUOTED AGAIN: DEBBIEJ
Three piles---biz info, hosting info, recipe cards.

Go over each pile with each guest, asking them if they'd like info. You start with the biz and end with the recipes because no one turns down a recipe and then you've ended on a warm fuzzy yes!

These are some great ideas! :)))

I will get in a corner, not necessarily in another room. I get where they can still see me. When I finish my demo, I tell them I will be setting up to take orders and to let me know when each one is ready. I tell them to bring me their order form after they have filled it out and there is no need to total, my handy laptop will do that for them. Sometimes they will stand by me while I put it in the computers other times, they will give it to me and I will call them back in when I have it figured. If I have someone's I am working on when another person walks up, I take their sheet from them and tell them I will call or come get them when I figure it after I finish the one I am working on.

I give each guesy by business card and tell them free recipes on on my website. I do not actively recruit, so, I do not give anything out for that.

You have to set come boundaries. Once you do it a few times, you will get the hang of it. And normally once they see one or two people dropping their forms off and coming or being called back they will follow.

1. How do I place an order on your website?

To place an order on our website, simply browse our catalog and add the items you wish to purchase to your cart. Once you are ready to check out, click on the cart icon and follow the prompts to enter your shipping and payment information.

2. Can I use multiple forms of payment for my order?

Unfortunately, we currently only accept one form of payment per order. However, you can split your order into multiple transactions and use a different form of payment for each transaction.

3. Do you offer any discounts or promotions for online orders?

Yes, we frequently offer discounts and promotions on our website. Be sure to sign up for our email newsletter and follow us on social media to stay updated on our current offers.

4. How do I apply a promo code to my order?

If you have a promo code, you can enter it during the checkout process. Simply click on the “Apply Promo Code” button and enter your code in the designated field. The discount will be applied to your order before you confirm your purchase.

5. Is it safe to enter my credit card information on your website?

Yes, we take the security of our customers' personal information very seriously. Our website utilizes encryption technology to protect your credit card information during the checkout process. We also have strict privacy policies in place to safeguard your data.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• brendaziz
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Krista Burson
  • gailz2
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
WLMcCoy
  • Dotty