• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Director Checks That Don't Match Totals - What Do You Do?

H
HerDourbDop
so I'm noticing more and more that with book shows, the checks I'm getting aren't what the total is (usually off by a couple of dollars) Even when I tell them what the total is the person writes the check out wrong.

This last one was off by $2.29.

How do you handle this? Do you call/email and ask for an additional check?

I used to just absorb it but it really adds up...wondering what to do and if it's really worth it to have someone send me a check for an additional 2.29......

Thanks!
Lisa

I would call the customer. Just gives you a reason to call them anyway to ask them if they want to book a show :devil:

Good point ..... I haven't been good about making calls to book party customers (can you tell??) This is my wake up call - thanks!!!

If it is my mistake and it isn't too much, I eat it. If not, I call.

If they are a guest at a show, I double check everything on the check ... to make sure it's written to me (not PC), for the correct amount (as the receipt), that both versions of the amount match one another, and that they signed the check. If I find a discrepancy, I mention it at checkout.If a host is handing me a check for an outside order, I mention it to them & (so far) they have always volunteered to pay the difference & collect from their friend later. ;)

1. Why do checks sometimes not match the totals?

There can be a few reasons why checks may not match the totals, such as human error in writing out the check or miscalculation of the total amount.

2. How do you handle a check that doesn't match the total?

The best way to handle this situation is to politely bring it to the attention of the person who wrote the check and ask if they could provide a new check for the correct amount.

3. Should I call or email to ask for an additional check?

This depends on your preferred method of communication and what is most convenient for the person who wrote the check. You can either call or send an email, whichever you feel more comfortable with.

4. Is it worth it to ask for a new check for a small amount like $2.29?

In the long run, it may be worth it to ask for a new check for the correct amount. These small amounts can add up over time and impact your overall profits. It is important to ensure that all payments are accurate.

5. How can I avoid these discrepancies with checks?

One way to avoid these discrepancies is to double-check the totals before accepting a check. You can also consider implementing a digital payment system to eliminate the need for checks altogether.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• PC Mom 55
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
chefashleigh
  • ChefBeckyD
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
quiverfull7
  • finley1991