1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: How do you make your cutting boards look new?

1. gailz2

gailz2 Senior Member Gold Member

I'm not sure if I've done something to my cutting boards, but they seem very hard for me to get them clean and white. I do put them in the dishwasher. Any suggestions?

Apr 1, 2009
  2. DebbieJ

DebbieJ Legend Member

soft scrub with bleach

Apr 1, 2009
  3. gailz2

gailz2 Senior Member Gold Member

thanks, I haven't tried that -- do you tell customers that as well?

Apr 1, 2009
  4. ChefPaulaB

ChefPaulaB Veteran Member

Clorax Clean Up Spray! Every time I use it and it doesn't rinse right off to white, I spray it with that and let it sit for a couple of minutes and then rinse off and was as normal. They look great!

Apr 1, 2009
  5. DebbieJ

DebbieJ Legend Member

I tell them a diluted bleach solution, clorox clean up, etc will work. You can also use fine sandpaper to smooth it out again.

Apr 1, 2009
  6. c00p

c00p Veteran Member Gold Member

Mine has gotten so many stains from cilantro and red bell peppers and the Clorox spray doesn't work and neither does the dishwasher. HOWEVER, remember that our cutting boards are the same material all the way through so you CAN sand them....starting off with a medium grit and then going to a fine grit until you get it to the feel/texture that you like. I always tell my customers about this!!!

Apr 1, 2009
  7. CAPCnewbie

CAPCnewbie Member

I was told about the sanding trick also. Not only that but my director told me to place it out in the sun for a bit to help bleach it. I had strawberry stains on it even after washing it so i set it out on top of my barbecue for a few hours in the sun and coudln't believe how white it was again when I brought it in! Very cool!

Apr 1, 2009
  8. stacywhitlow

stacywhitlow Veteran Member

This is great news! I couldn't get mine white again & don't have a diswasher. I will spray them & then maybe let them "work on their tan".

Apr 2, 2009
  9. WLMcCoy

WLMcCoy Advanced Member

This is great! I want to try this!!

Apr 2, 2009
Have something to add?