• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Do You Use Guest Name Badges? What Do You Ask For?

In summary, the conversation was about using guest name badges at a party and whether or not they are effective. Some people ask for just the name, while others ask for a descriptive word or favorite product. One person shared their strategy of using the name badge as a way to greet and connect with guests. Another person shared their struggle with coming up with a descriptive word and suggested using star stickers for number of shows attended. The conversation also touched on a successful fundraiser that was done through Pampered Chef and the excitement of remembering people's names at a show.
beckypchef
Hi,

I've been searching around for a thread on using guest name badges and I can't seem to find one.
I have heard that some people ask for just the name, some ask for name and a descriptive word about them in the kitchen... some ask for name and favorite pc product.

I'd love to hear if you like using guest name badges and if so what you ask for on yours and the layout.

Thanks!!!:chef:

I don't ask for anything on mine, I have a hard time doing gimmicky things....I use it as a way to greet and make a connection with each guest.As people come in for the party, I greet them, introduce myself, and then they almost always tell me theirs. I have nametags and sharpie with me, and write out their name for them - and make small talk, like "How do you spell that - I know I should know, but I never assume", or "Oh - that will be easy for me to remember, that's my best friend's name too!"...or "what a pretty name - is that a family name?"....etc.....and then thank them for coming, and ask them how they know the host, or if they brought a friend, or if they've been to a PC party recently, or if they have favorite products, or if they've just come from work, or something like that. I switch it up with each person.I don't go around and do introductions during the party, so this serves as my "getting to know you" time. It then helps me to connect more with them during the show. I can say things like "Sherry, you just came from work - I bet you would love to be able to have some recipes and tools to make a healthy meal in under 30 minutes, wouldn't you?" or "Lisa - you said you haven't been to a PC party in several years, so this is something new you might want to take a look at!", or "Bev - you told me earlier that you love your bar pan - tell us some of the ways you use it, and the #1 reason you love it!"

Last edited:
I tried having them write one word that describes them as a cook and everyone had a hard time thinking of what to put down. I felt bad that they struggled. I gave them some suggestions. I put on mine "recently pampered" cause it was my first show. My other shows everyone knew each other, so we didn't do it. I like the favorite pc product idea. Also, on the cooking shows in action DVD, one of the girls had people put star stickers down for how many shows they've been to, and a smiley face sticker for how many times they've hosted a show. (I might have that backwards) But I couldn't even remember that before I joined, and my sister couldn't so I thought that might be hard for others to recall as well.

Thanks so much Becky D. and Amanda!!
Great ideas!!
I have a hard time also with gimmiky things... and I love the idea of me writing there name on the badge, it will help me to remember it! And I'm not good at that :)

Thanks!!!

And Becky D. - WOW on your best show!!!! You go girl!!! I hope that's in the name : ) Just kidding I know that was from your hard and talented work!

beckypchef said:
Thanks so much Becky D. and Amanda!!
Great ideas!!
I have a hard time also with gimmiky things... and I love the idea of me writing there name on the badge, it will help me to remember it! And I'm not good at that :)

Thanks!!!

And Becky D. - WOW on your best show!!!! You go girl!!! I hope that's in the name : ) Just kidding I know that was from your hard and talented work!

That's exactly why I do it! If I write it - I remember it. Even if they put it on and have their hair hanging over it!:D

And my highest show total was a fundraiser that I did for a dear friend battling Breast Cancer.

ChefBeckyD said:
That's exactly why I do it! If I write it - I remember it. Even if they put it on and have their hair hanging over it!:D

And my highest show total was a fundraiser that I did for a dear friend battling Breast Cancer.

Oh thats great Becky! I love how PC lets us do fundraisers and how much they love to give as a company!

And I'm so excited about my show tonight and how good it will feel to acutally remember people names!!! :p Thanks!!!!

beckypchef said:
Oh thats great Becky! I love how PC lets us do fundraisers and how much they love to give as a company!

And I'm so excited about my show tonight and how good it will feel to acutally remember people names!!! :p Thanks!!!!

Have FUN tonight!:thumbup:

I have the guests write their names and what they would do with an extra $500/month. Then when I start I thank the host for welcoming us into her home and then we go around introducing themselves and what they would do with the money. This helps me segway into the business opportunity for 1 minute. Then we jump into the recipe.

Thanks Becky! Great idea also!
Wow there are alot of Becky's out this morning :)

Its just the coolest name! LOL :)

At my show (when I signed), my director had a bunch of address labels or name-tags with a PC product written on it. Each guest picked a product and wrote their first name on the name tag and the product became their "last name for the night".

During intro time, they introduced themselves as Suzie Stoneware, Patty Cookware or Nancy Chopper, etc. and then my director would talk about that particular product. She only took to her shows the items needed for the demo and the products listed on the nametags. It worked really well, but...in a large group, it tended to run kinda long.

I just heard a training call and she mentioned asking if the person is a "cooker" "baker" or "take out queen. At my last show it worked really well. The non-cookers always had a husband that cooked and shared their stories, it was a lot of fun. So as the show went on I kinda knew who to direct which product to. I did notice that the take out queen and the non-cookers whose husbands cook had the largest orders which was pretty neat. I guess it's because the cookers pretty much had a stocked up kitchen but still bought a little more. Oh and I also did the LOVE it shout out thing, because there were a lot of veteran PC fans and they pretty much sold the stuff.

Love it shout out?? What is that. I could probably guess. But if you would share.. that would be great.

I tell guess that if I talk about a specific product and they own it to show "LOVE IT, GOT IT" I then let them say what they love about it.

Thanks.. great idea. I love it when they sell the products. I thought that is what it meant..

I usually have guests write their name and what kind of "chef" they are under that. I give a couple of ideas to get them started and tell them to be creative - Take Out Chef, Gourmet Chef, etc. Its fun and they do usually come up with some fun names.

I've done the nametag idea with first names and then in front of it they have to come up with an adjective using their first initial that describes their cooking style. I gauge the crowd before I do this though, and I try to use it if it's a smaller group that seems like they are there to have fun. I've had a Creative Cathy, a Doubtful Debbie, a Meticulous Margaret, a Silly Sally, all kinds of fun answers. And I encourage them to change the word spelling if necessary (as long as they don't get stressed out about it, it's fun!). Then during the demo, I ask people to share their new name with us and explain why. If it's someone who is not sure of themselves in the kitchen, I make suggestions for products they might enjoy.

What are the benefits of using guest name badges?

Using guest name badges allows for easy identification of guests, promotes networking and conversation among guests, and can make guests feel more welcomed and valued.

What information should be included on a guest name badge?

At minimum, a guest name badge should include the guest's first and last name. Additional information, such as their company or title, can also be included for networking purposes.

Do you provide guest name badges for events or parties?

Yes, Pampered Chef offers customizable guest name badges for events and parties. You can choose from a variety of designs and add your own text and images.

Are guest name badges reusable?

Yes, our guest name badges are made with high-quality materials that allow for multiple uses. They can be easily wiped clean and reprinted for future events.

Do you offer different sizes or styles of guest name badges?

Yes, we offer a variety of sizes and styles for guest name badges to fit your event needs. We also have options for clip-on, lanyard, or adhesive name badges.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Poll
  • Christ Follower
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
chefinbiz
  • kcmckay
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
kcmckay