• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Poll: Guest Introductions and and Name Tags.

In fact, I think it is a great way to connect with guests. As someone who has done this before, I think it is a great way to remember people's names and to make sure everyone is accounted for.
jcsmilez
Gold Member
I'm considering using name tags but am nervous. What do you do? How do you have the guests introduce themselves or do you that use name tags skip this step altogether?

Things I've seen/heard in the past is how do you know the host, describe yourself in the kitchen.

I do nametags and skip the guest introductions. As people are coming in for the show, I greet them, and fill out their name tag. That way I am chatting with them, TOUCHING them, (by shaking their hand, or a hand on their arm or shoulder - this creates an instant connection.) and looking them in the eye and calling them by name. Saves a TON of time during the show, and many times, they already know at least part of the people there, and how they know the host, etc...

The MOST important connection I want them to make is with ME! So really, taking 10 minutes out of my show time for them to introduce themselves to people they may already know is not of any value. I've already broken the ice with them, and connected with them one on one as they came in...that's the key! THEN - make sure you call people by name during the show!

Sorry, I guess I took too long to create the poll and somehow double posted this thread in the process of trying to figure it out. Now, I swear I've seen it before but can't figure out how to delete this thread for the life of me. :( If anyone knows, I'd appreciate it, thanks.

Click on that little pencil icon by the quote icon.

Thanks Becky. Have you felt like people feel awkward about using name tags? Do you do anything special with the name tag, for instance others have the guest write Sally Food Chopper for their fav. product or stars for the number of PC shows they've been to, etc.

Tristen,I do pretty much what Becky does. . .and when people say "we all know each other" [regarding is it awkward to use name tags] I just truthfully tell them that I don't know everyone and they are for me so I can call people by name. I don't have them put anything but their name on the tag. I use name tags because it helps me remember their names and often folks are amazed when we are out and about and I say "isn't your name Tristen? I think I met you at Becky's party".

jcsmilez said:
Thanks Becky. Have you felt like people feel awkward about using name tags? Do you do anything special with the name tag, for instance others have the guest write Sally Food Chopper for their fav. product or stars for the number of PC shows they've been to, etc.

chefjeanine said:
Tristen,

I do pretty much what Becky does. . .and when people say "we all know each other" [regarding is it awkward to use name tags] I just truthfully tell them that I don't know everyone and they are for me so I can call people by name. I don't have them put anything but their name on the tag.

I use name tags because it helps me remember their names and often folks are amazed when we are out and about and I say "isn't your name Tristen? I think I met you at Becky's party".

I do exactly what Jeanine does. Only one time did I have someone refuse a nametag..."I DON'T do nametags"...but that same lady also wouldn't give me any contact info, refused filling out the guest care card and put her order on someone else's so I wouldn't even have her name. So I figure she had more issues than just "not doing nametags".:rolleyes:

I'm very honest with them and if they say "but we all know each other", like Jeanine, I tell them it's for me. I tell them that the act of writing out their name and giving them the nametag really helps me remember. And that's true. I remember more than their name that way, I remember other things about them too, so that I can then say during the show things like: "Oh, Mary, when we met before the demo, you told me that you really wanted to see how the garlic slicer worked - here it is!" Or, "Tristen, you told me that you LOVE your bar pan...what do you love most about it?"

Really, it's all about making that connection with people. That's my goal with what I'm doing.

I use name tags b/c I'm terrible at remembering names. It helps me feel less awkward if during the presentation I want to call on someone and can't remember their name. I have them tell me how to spell their name and what their favorite product is. I write the product under their name. No one has refused one from me. I then hand them the catalog/pen and thank them for coming.

I have the guest do introductions as well. For me, I'm getting to know them a little better and a big bonus is they are sharing about what product they have and why they love it. They are selling to their friends before I even get started.

For larger groups you might skip the introductions due to time. I'm still able to keep my show at 45 min. I had a recruit that mentioned not wanting to talk in front of people and that she wasn't a sales person. I told her your guest sell products for you. She responded with you're right I bought the xx b/c Sue said she loved it.

I do name tags and have never had anyone not want to do one or refuse. I ask them to write their first name and write it large. I tell them that I am a woman in my 40's and things are looking a little different now. They usually laugh and write "large" as I request. I use this throughout the show, but saying, let's see.....Sally, in the back, you wrote that really well, would you love to show everyone how well you can "slice, grate, chop, this xxx?" It's get's things a little lively!

1. What is the purpose of guest introductions and name tags at a Pampered Chef party?

The purpose of guest introductions and name tags is to create a welcoming and inclusive atmosphere at the party. It allows guests to get to know each other and encourages conversation and connection.

2. Do I have to wear a name tag at the party?

While it is not required, we highly recommend wearing a name tag for the best experience at the party. It helps the consultant and other guests remember your name and makes introductions and conversations easier.

3. How should I introduce myself as a guest at the party?

When introducing yourself, it is best to share your name and a fun fact about yourself. This can be anything from your profession to a hobby or interest.

4. Can I bring my own name tag to the party?

Absolutely! We encourage guests to get creative and make their own name tags if they wish. Just make sure it includes your name and is easy to read.

5. Will there be a designated time for guest introductions or are we expected to do it throughout the party?

It depends on the consultant and the type of party. Some may have a specific time for introductions, while others may encourage guests to introduce themselves throughout the party. Either way, feel free to introduce yourself to others at any point during the party.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• jcsmilez
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • quiverfull7
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
luckystar
  • avelissar