• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Opening Shows... Introductions... Games???

In summary, someone is looking for ideas for quick, fun introductions at the beginning of shows. They want to do something new at their next few shows as they are repeat hosts
quiverfull7
Gold Member
Okay... I'm looking for ideas for quick, fun introductions at the beginning of shows... I want to do something new at my next few shows as they are repeat hosts and some repeat guests as well... just want to prove that we can keep things fresh... I don't want to abandon the intros entirely because I find the guest do lots of selling to one another just in talking about their favorites... I have been doing the name, fav. PC product and describe yourself in the kitchen with one word or a short phrase and it's always fun but please cheffers... bring on some fun new things for me to try... I KNOW from experience here that you are a wealth of ideas... don't hide em okay? :)

bumping this up ... Happy Labor Day!!!

quiverfull7 said:
Okay... I'm looking for ideas for quick, fun introductions at the beginning of shows... I want to do something new at my next few shows as they are repeat hosts and some repeat guests as well... just want to prove that we can keep things fresh... I don't want to abandon the intros entirely because I find the guest do lots of selling to one another just in talking about their favorites... I have been doing the name, fav. PC product and describe yourself in the kitchen with one word or a short phrase and it's always fun but please cheffers... bring on some fun new things for me to try... I KNOW from experience here that you are a wealth of ideas... don't hide em okay? :)

Every once in a while I go back to this, but haven't in a while, and haven't recruited in months! I think it's time to bring it back :)

I like for them to tell me their favorite product and what they would do with an extra $400 a month if they could spend it on ANYTHING! Now they can't spend it on bills, etc., it has to be something fun. (I have an oversized $100 bill that I let each person hold when it's there turn)

Now when there telling me, the answers are always different and usually hear some funny ones. Of course there are always the people who would travel, have a shopping spree, etc.

After everyone has their turn, I tell them the reason why I asked you what you would do with $400 is because if you would like to give this business a try, that roughly what you would make by working 1 day a week, 4 days a month! Now what could an extra $400 do for you? Maybe you have one certain bill that nags at you, like a car payment, etc. You could eliminate that stress by going out once a week to socialize with friends and girls, and get paid for it! Then I go on to tie in the people who wanted to travel and talk about the travel incentive our company offers just for doing our job. It's a great way to open people eyes up to the opportunity right from the start!

Hope that helps :)

I've been having people give their name, tell me their dream, and tell me how an extra 300 to 400 a month would help them achieve that. BUT... I'm feeling like the intros are taking too long and was thinking of cutting this. If I do, I think I may ask people to take a moment, close their eyes, and visualize their dream, then ask them to imagine having the extra $$$ and how that would help them. Not sure though--I want to keep a focus on recruiting but I kind of feel like I am losing the people who are just not interested. Would love to hear other peoples ideas and tips.

Someone in another thread mentioned that she did the fave product at the end--but it was one they wanted to get that night. I think I might try to incorporate something like that into my show. Maybe right before I do the door prize slip or something.

I play the queen of shoppers game and use a $5 dollar bill that they pass to whomever finds the product, as they find the product I have the person holding the money intro duce themselves and tell me have it, love it want it.. It kind of combines a few games and those that did not get a turn to intro, take their turn. Another idea I do is everyone close their eyes and I tell them to imagine themselves in their fave store... In that store you can pick one of the specials for 60% off, visualize it, now pick out 2 1/2 items etc... Did anyone have trouble spending the extra benefits? If you host a show that how many benefits you could earn! We have lots of fun! ;)

I ask them to introduce themselves, how they know the host, and whether they're a Pampered Chef newbie, junkie, or somewhere inbetween. It's quick and allows me to ask a couple interactive questions: i.e. when they know the host thru children, I'll ask if they are a SAHM, or I'll sometimes great groans about their workplace etc. This let's me know a little about each person in terms of booking potential and sharing the business....and I just like the connections we get to make with people.

I hand out playing cards: first 2 cards for anyone that has never been to a PC cooking show, 2 cards to the person who drove the farthest to attend tonight's cooking show. 1 card to help me locate pages of items I'm talking about (great with the new catalog), card for asking question, basically you get the idea. At the end, I have another deck of cards and I draw a card. Whoever has this card wins a Season's Best from the past. This gives me a change to talk about Season's Best and how it is a collector's item. (I don't like to waste tickets, paper, etc. This game lets me reuse my cards. I also have done audience participation with the 10 facts game. I give each guests a numbered card with a fact I want everyone to hear. These facts can be related to booking or recruiting, or both. For example. Did you know that you can get 10% off your orders for a year when you have hosted a cooking or catalog show?People love this game. I change questions as specials come up, like the new recruiting promotion. Did you know you can get a free cookbook just for starting your own business and earn a free piece of cookware? Who wants to know more about this?

AWESOME ideas everyone... please keep them coming in! I'm SO excited! Thanks so much!

Does anyone have a new version of Queen of Shoppers for the Fall/Winter catalog? TIA.

I make that part of my opening all about the host. I get everyone to introduce themselves, tell everyone how they know the host, and then describe the host in one word. I then pass around a current SB and have everyone sign it and write their "word" and the host gets to keep the book as a reminder of the great time she/he had with their friends.

I do the same thing as Marie...it has been a HUGE hit!

My host from 2 weeks ago had her MIL there who is NOT very nice to her. When we were going around, her MIL described her as a GREAT MOMMY...then inside her SB she wrote EVEN MORE about what a great wife and mother she is. She was soooooooooo excited! It was like her MIL needed some easy way to tell her a compliment...she is very critical to her in person. Needless to say, my host was LOVING it!

It is always such a positive thing...and makes the host feel great!

I've played a few games in the past that have been really fun.

The first one uses whatever the door prize of the night is...Season's Best, Bamboo Tongs, whatever. I start it with one person, and every time I say the words "Pampered Chef" the prize has to be passed to the right. At the end of my presentation, whoever is holding it gets to keep it. It really keeps people paying attention, especially when I talk about the benefits of being a "Pampered Chef" consultant, or the host benefits of having a "Pampered Chef" show.

The second one was kind of insane, but it turned out to be really fun. I tried it first on my family, who have been to countless shows. I took some products and "hid" them around the room. They were all out in obvious places, so it's not like anyone had to crawl on the floor to look under the couch or anything :) This especially works well with the new products. Then I said, "I have placed x number of Pampered Chef items around the room. The first person to list them all wins the prize." It really gets people looking through the catalog, and helps to intro them to the new products. It also helps them distinguish between the beauty of a PC SA bowl versus a plain ole' ugly candy dish. Like I said, it was a little insane, but my family is used to that from me :)

Jean

The second one was kind of insane, but it turned out to be really fun. I tried it first on my family, who have been to countless shows. I took some products and "hid" them around the room. They were all out in obvious places, so it's not like anyone had to crawl on the floor to look under the couch or anything :) This especially works well with the new products. Then I said, "I have placed x number of Pampered Chef items around the room. The first person to list them all wins the prize." It really gets people looking through the catalog, and helps to intro them to the new products. It also helps them distinguish between the beauty of a PC SA bowl versus a plain ole' ugly candy dish. Like I said, it was a little insane, but my family is used to that from me :)

Jean[/QUOTE]

Going along with this idea...I'll tell you what I played at a baby shower except you'd use PC items.

You could put a bunch of items on a table and cover it with a sheet or table cloth. Take it off for 60 seconds and let the guests look at it. Put the sheet back on and have them write down as many as they can remember (obviously they'll go through the book to find the names of items if they don't know them). Whoever remembers the most gets the prize.

After you play you can go over the items on the table and talk about them as you go.

PChefPEI said:
I make that part of my opening all about the host. I get everyone to introduce themselves, tell everyone how they know the host, and then describe the host in one word. I then pass around a current SB and have everyone sign it and write their "word" and the host gets to keep the book as a reminder of the great time she/he had with their friends.

I really like this idea! Thanks for sharing it!!

I`ve been to a candle party the other day and liked the game that consultant played.
She lets the guest say their name and the guest have to use the first letter of their name to describe the host for example the guest name is Anna, she will say "hi my name is anna and XY is amazing"

Or once at a babyshower the host of the babyshower used a word and mixed up the letters. We had like 3 Minutes for 12words or so and whoever found the most words was the winner
Example: diaper she did erpaiad

that was fun.

1. How do I introduce myself as a Pampered Chef consultant at an opening show?

When opening a Pampered Chef show, it's important to introduce yourself with a warm and friendly tone. Start by stating your name and a brief background about yourself and why you became a consultant. You can also mention any special offers or promotions you have for the show.

2. What are some fun and engaging games to play at Pampered Chef shows?

There are many games you can play at Pampered Chef shows to keep guests entertained and engaged. Some popular ones include "Name that Kitchen Tool," where guests have to guess the name of a kitchen tool based on its function, and "Recipe Scramble," where guests unscramble the names of Pampered Chef recipes. Be sure to offer prizes for the winners to make it even more exciting!

3. How do I break the ice and get guests talking at the beginning of the show?

One way to break the ice at a Pampered Chef show is to ask guests to introduce themselves and share their favorite kitchen tool or recipe. You can also have guests play a quick get-to-know-you game, such as "Two Truths and a Lie." This will help create a friendly and comfortable atmosphere for the rest of the show.

4. Can I customize the opening show to fit a specific theme or audience?

Yes, you can definitely customize the opening show to fit a specific theme or audience. For example, if you are hosting a show for busy moms, you could focus on quick and easy recipes or kitchen tools that save time. If you are hosting a holiday show, you could showcase festive recipes and kitchen tools for entertaining. Tailoring the show to your audience will make it more relevant and engaging for them.

5. How do I make sure guests are paying attention during the opening show?

To ensure that guests are paying attention during the opening show, it's important to keep it interactive and engaging. This could include asking questions, playing games, and demonstrating how to use Pampered Chef products. It's also a good idea to periodically check in with guests and ask for their feedback or if they have any questions. This will help keep them focused and interested throughout the show.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefBeckyD
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
  • Sara Dawn
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
byrd1956
Replies