• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

HWC Guest Products: Struggling to Find Success?

stuff like that.Pink Bowl - great for holding dip, chips, fruit, cereal, oatmeal, yogurt, etc.Pink Slipper Bowl - can be used as a fruit bowl, cereal bowl, soup/salad bowl, or anything else you can think of!
chefsteph07
I don't know where to put this question so I am putting it here...but, how are you all doing w/ sales for the HWC guest products?

I have had 2 shows, one of those was a 1K show w/ over 20 people there and these products for me are going over like a lead balloon. I have sold next to nothing. Seriously. Then last night I had a show and got snickers from the guests when I showed them the rubber gloves, eyes rolling when showing the small measuring cup and no reaction to the scrubber brush. I am SO SO SO disappointed in these products this year. I had my stepson go down our road a few weeks ago to try to get some orders, he came back w/ 4 orders and everyone was asking if we had "anything else" for them to look at, so I gave him the mini catalog to take back to those homes to browse.

Neither of my hosts are taking the host special...of either the pink bowls or the rectangle platter.

What do you think? Has the response been better than you expected or worse or are you all doing the same amount as you usually do?

Sorry you aren't having any luck! I'm having pretty good luck - just did a fundraiser at Curves - sold 9 pink products there and another 5 at a show I just did that only has 7 orders so far. My big seller are the pink gloves - people seem to really like them! I have one more show this month which I'm hoping will garner more orders. I also got myself the pink trio bowl which is so cute! Don't know whether my hosts will get it but I like it!

My mom had a catalog party, and none of the guests ordered any of the Pink items. My mom wasn't interested in the host specials either. I have a cooking show this Tuesday, so we'll see if anyone likes the specials for May

I have had a pretty good response to them myself. I have already sold 10 pairs of the gloves and about 3 each of the other items. I think it might also be how I approuch people. I have had a few people say they don't like pink, but when I bring up that they are for a good cause and would make great gifts for Breast Cancer survivors and other people, they buy them to support the cause. That being said, though I don't really try to just sell them at shows. I do a couple of different things for may, I have a few people collecting orders for the Pink Items and for every 15 products they get orders for they get entered into a drawing, plus they receive a FREE pink product themselves. Also, I am doing a BUNCO Fundraiser with some of the consultants on my team and we are asking people to buy two pink products a peice to participate. Then giving them raffle tickets ofr door prizes for spending. It also helps because people know it's a fundraiser and they know 25% is going to the ACS (I'm not submitting until shows are over $500).

I think it's like this every year. There are HWC collections that speak to your guest/host demographic, and there are those that don't. I'm getting a good response on the scoop and scrubber. I get a lot of "Aren't they cute?" responses for the gloves, but not many people wear them these days.

Could anyone share the USES that they present for each pink product? I have a lot of people who comment 'they're cute...but what would we use it for' and then I lose them. Here are my thoughts:

Pink Gloves (none of my customers seem to wear gloves) - look fab while doing the dishes OR while cleaning (oven or toilet? - LOL)

Mini Scoop and Measure - organize crafts (beads, brads, etc), scoop chopped herbs, garlic/ginger, scoop up chopped up salad ingredients to place in a bowl (because one side is flat - perfect because one side is flat), pet food, or any small liquid measurement during baking

Pink Kitchen Brush - replace your old scrubber with a cute pink one - great for dishes, stoneware, simple additions, or serving pieces

DO YOU ALL ALREADY HAVE THE 3 GUEST SPECIALS TO SHOW PEOPLE? I only have the kitchen brush - so I have just been passing around the Guest Special handout (in color) to people during a Show.

So far I have sold 3 products at 2 shows PLUS the Past Host and current host have ALL taken the Specials.

Host SPecials (uses):
Rectangle Platter w/ tray - great for serving banana/fruit bread, crackers with spread, cheese/meat/pickles, cookies, or a table centerpiece (3 pillar candles).

Pink Bowl Trio - great for a little girls room! - organize her pony tail holders, organize your office/desk with paper clips, tacks, etc, having tea? - use for sugar, lemon or honey, or use for condiments (salads - tomatoes, cucumbers, or peppers, OR tacos - sour cream, salsa, and tomatoes)

Any other suggestions?

I wish I had purchased extra HWC pins to sell (with the extra profit going to the CDN. Cancer Society) or even just having a 'donation container ' for people to give extra money to when they have chose NOT to buy the Guest Specials.....

Last Year - people LOVE LOVE LOVED the Guest Specials - this year (from MY experience), my HWC product sales are L-A-M-E.......... :(

The mini scoop...suggest to Gardeners and Houseplant growers that it makes a great measure for liquid fertilizers and other garden products. Easy to find in the garden shed or wherever they keep their supplies. Small enough to fit into a pump sprayer when it is empty, so it doesn't get lost...or lost in the garden. Pink shows up!Yup, I'm a gardener :)

I expected a better response too but they are not selling for me either. It seems like past years have had better HWC guest products. It seems as though the specials that are free with a $60 purchase go way better.

I haven't sold any - and I've brought them to every show. I talk up HWC, and how it's going for a great cause....and people seem to be sympathetic, but not enough to actually purchase them. No one has purchased the bowl set as a host gift, although I've sold a couple of the SA sets.

I have to say - I am disappointed in the HWC selection this year too. Last year I sold lots of the items, but I think the items were much more practical. I STILL use all of last years stuff in my kitchen(the mini scraper, nylon knife, and one-cup measure-all), but the only thing from this year that I can see myself using is the scrub brush (because it's the perfect size for cleaning the muffin stone wells.).
With the economy being the way it is here in W. MI, and living in a community that is known for it's frugalness, I know people aren't going to buy something that isn't going to be useful - even if it's to help a good cause.

And, most of the ideas I've read about how/why to use the items this year just seem like we are trying too hard to come up with ideas for using them.

I've sold some of the gloves...I think calling them "kitchen diva gloves" has helped. I have sold some of the other two iems, but overall, these HWC special haven't gone over as well as last years.

Most of my hosts are picking the rectangular tray and basket.

I have had mixed interest in the guest specials too. They either love them or are indifferent. Most of my hosts are getting either of the host specials but others want more than one. It really depends on preference of the person.

I take them all to my shows and give all the above mentioned uses (except the diva gloves and gardening - thanks!). I also say the scoop is perfect for flour, sugar and coffee scooping.

lissahope26 said:
I expected a better response too but they are not selling for me either. It seems like past years have had better HWC guest products. It seems as though the specials that are free with a $60 purchase go way better.

I actually had people upset that there was no "free gift with purchase" this month like in the past months. Only 2 people ordered pink products at that show, too, even when I told them they'd get a pink HWC pin for their purchase of a pink item. And, my past host and host both ordered the woven tray and rect. platter. I have 2 more shows this month, and my fundraiser, so we'll see. I have been getting more orders for the pink stuff through my fundraiser so far.

As for the rubber gloves, I've suggested them to use while washing your car or your dog, and of course spring cleaning, dishes, etc.

I have sold the scrubbies and the scoop but none of the kitchen gloves. I earned them all then purchased them all b/c my brothers girlfriend LOVES pink, so they make great presents every year for her birthday.
But I have to agree. I am SO dissappointed. I loved EVERYTHING last year, and the year before, everything was great then too. Even the year before had great products.
My favorite HWC products since I got in the business (this is my 4th HWC) are:
The pink can strainer
The pink ribbon clips w/ magnets
The pink bar board and knife
Pink scraper
1 cup measure all cup
Pink scrub (this years)

And not everyone in my area is all about the SA products, I would Love to see the hostess specials be the Quick-Stirs in pink again.

I love love love the one cup measure all cup.

Loved the can strainer, pink bar board and the little scraper from last year.
I haven't tried the pink scrubbie this year yet because I want to keep it looking good for my customers to see, but after this month I'll start using it. It seems pretty durable. I hope they rethink the products next year.

HWC productsI think the brush is cute, but the other products are not the best. I have senn PC do better. I haven't sold much. Inhave been suggesting the scoop for your flour or sugar, the brush for your stoneware.

Wave 2!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow, I was really surprised to hear that some of you haven't had much luck or excitement with the HWC products. My personal fave is also my best seller--the awesome pink scrubber! MANY of my guests are buying two of these. This is something EVERYONE can use. When I bring it out I say, no, this is not a facial scrubber! Almost every guest has bought at least one, and I plan on buying a few more for gifts.

The pink gloves are cute--diva is a good way to describe them--but I haven't had too many people order them.

The scoop is the perfect size for your "apprentice chefs", along with the new green nylon knife. I have sold several of these "sets". Parents can buy a scoop and knife for each child to use when helping in the kitchen. Or for a child that does not like to take liquid medicine this could be the "special medicine cup".

I am doing good on the guest specials, not good on the host specials. I just checked and so far have sold 11 of the brushes, 7 of the scoops and 3 pairs of gloves. I bring them to every show and people fall in love with the smaller items and I think it makes them feel good to be helping a great cause. I find when I do my talk about the HWC and pass the items around people just love the feel of the products.

I guess every area is different - I did terribly last year with the pink products and with two shows last week (both Relay for Life Fundraisers) I sold 20 pink items!

I don't watch the show myself - but a few ladies called the gloves "desperate housewife" gloves and I've sold several sets. Maybe that would work to get more interest.

For some reason it seems to me that guests last year didn't really get too excited, but they are liking the offerings this year. Different strokes for different folks - not everyone will be happy with every product so I guess it is good that they mix them up.

Good luck trying to sell them - it is good to point out the good cause and also have some ideas for uses. Thanks for sharing your tips ladies!

I haven't had a lot of luck with them either and I am a Phi Mu Alum (our colors being rose and white) and not even other sisters care for them particularly. The gloves are 'cute' to a lot of people but a hard sell when our local stores have cute pink gloves for 3-4 dollars etc. In addition I think that my guests I have encountered have suggested things that are more permanent since gloves and scrubbers quickly wear. I would love to see next year offer a towel/twixt it collection in pink and white, pink and white mix n scrapers, and as a cheap little option some pink pan scrapers or a set of two prep bowls with pink lids or something! What about a pink silicone trivet?

I am having good success this year with these products. During the month of April I took them with me at 2 fairs/booths that I worked and pre-sold over 100 items. The top seller is the scrubber, but I've sold about equal amounts of each of them. I haven't sold a bunch at my shows and my hosts haven't chosen the host specials either. I recruited (my goal was 10) 6 past hosts to sell at least 10 items and I am going to combine all of the orders and make it a HWC fundraiser. One of the six is doing really really well. There are even several catalog orders. That's pretty awesome.

HWC-wise this will be my best May yet!

I haven't had much luck either. I talk about and pass them at every show. Plus I ask every guest as they are checking out if they want to purchase any of the HWC products. My hosts are more interested in the rectangle tray with platter than the trio bowl. I have also had a lot of people ask about the mini measure all cup. Oh well, you cannot please them all!

1. How can I increase my sales with HWC guest products?

The best way to increase your sales with HWC guest products is to actively promote them to your customers. Make sure to mention them at parties, share them on social media, and offer special deals or discounts. You can also reach out to past customers and offer them the opportunity to host a party and earn free products.

2. What strategies can I use to find success with HWC guest products?

One strategy is to focus on the benefits of the products and how they can make cooking and entertaining easier and more enjoyable for your customers. You can also create themed bundles or parties around the products, and offer cooking demonstrations or tips for using them.

3. How can I overcome any challenges or obstacles when selling HWC guest products?

It's important to have a positive attitude and believe in the products you are selling. Be prepared to answer any questions or concerns your customers may have, and be open to feedback. You can also try collaborating with other consultants or offering incentives to your customers to help boost sales.

4. Are there any resources or training available to help me succeed with HWC guest products?

Yes, Pampered Chef offers various training and resources to help consultants succeed with HWC guest products. These include online training, webinars, and in-person training events. You can also reach out to your upline or fellow consultants for tips and advice.

5. What are some popular or top-selling HWC guest products?

Some of the most popular HWC guest products include the Quick Cooker, the Garlic & Brie Baker, the Micro-Cooker Set, and the Mix 'N Chunk. However, it's important to remember that the success of each product may vary depending on your customers' interests and needs. Be sure to offer a variety of products and see what resonates best with your audience.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Intrepid_Chef
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
Replies
Views
chefsteph07