• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Polite Way to Help a Friend of a Guest

In summary, the best way for me to pass along the information to my neighbor is to either give her the "Lifetime Warranty" number or to call the person with the cookware and ask her what her problems are.
smilesarepriceless
Gold Member
i had a neighbor call me this morning..who had attended my show last night..and mentioned she was talking with a friend of hers who has some cookware she purchased, which she is having problems with, and needs to return it..

Her friend doesn't remember who her consultant is...

What would be the best, most professional info. for me to pass along to my neighbor..??

You can give her the "Lifetime Warranty" phone number: 800-808-5395.

Or, better yet, you can call the person with the cookware, ask her what she's having problems with, and offer to call customer service for her. Don't necessarily send it back for her (that can be expensive), but if you get her info and make the call, she'll definitely appreciate it.

refer her to 1 888 our chef. We are not supposed to take returns, they are to be handled by cust service. They will also be able to help find the purchasing info, if she knows when, where or who she bought it from.

I have handled a few returns for other consultants. I look at is as good customer service. I did a return for a lady that had a warped cutting board. She was so pleased that she later did a $700 catalog show for me. FYI sometimes it works, sometimes not.

I have handle returns where there was a different consultant. I would offer to handle it. If the customer wanted to go through the other consultant, they would have called them about it is my opinion.

I would call her and offer to call HO about it for her and then give her instructions on how to return the product(s). I always call HO for my customer for their problems for them, I know they will remember me for that extra help.

jrstephens said:
I have handle returns where there was a different consultant. I would offer to handle it. If the customer wanted to go through the other consultant, they would have called them about it is my opinion.

I would call her and offer to call HO about it for her and then give her instructions on how to return the product(s). I always call HO for my customer for their problems for them, I know they will remember me for that extra help.

Yep... that is what I was going to say. It doesn't create too much work for you, PLUS when you call the friend, you can talk to her about adding to her cookware with either more of what she has or the stainless... Not bad!!

I handle returns for where there was a different consulant heck I even handle my own too......I would offter to handle it... it is good customer serivce on our parts.. PLUS you might have gained a new customer or lead... if they see you doing what another consulant did not do for them!!!

Heather... what did you decide to do?

Related to Polite Way to Help a Friend of a Guest

1. How can I politely offer assistance to a friend of a guest without making them feel uncomfortable?

One way to politely offer assistance is to simply ask if there is anything you can do to help. This shows that you are willing to assist without assuming they need help. You can also offer specific tasks, such as refilling their drink or showing them where the restroom is located.

2. Should I introduce myself to the friend of a guest or wait for them to introduce themselves?

It is always polite to introduce yourself to someone, even if they are a friend of a guest. This shows that you are friendly and welcoming. However, if the guest has already introduced you, there is no need to introduce yourself again.

3. How can I make a friend of a guest feel included in the conversation?

A good way to make a friend of a guest feel included is to ask them questions about themselves and actively listen to their responses. This shows that you are interested in getting to know them and makes them feel like a part of the conversation. You can also include them in group activities or ask for their opinion on a topic being discussed.

4. What should I do if the friend of a guest seems uncomfortable or out of place?

If you notice that the friend of a guest seems uncomfortable or out of place, try to engage them in conversation or introduce them to other guests. You can also suggest a group activity or offer to show them around the event. Be friendly and welcoming to make them feel more at ease.

5. Is it appropriate to offer the friend of a guest food or drinks?

It is always polite to offer food and drinks to guests, including friends of guests. However, be mindful of any dietary restrictions or allergies they may have. It is also considerate to ask the guest if their friend has any preferences or restrictions before offering anything. If they decline, do not insist or make them feel uncomfortable for not accepting.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kcmckay
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • Sheila
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
KellyTheChef
  • Intrepid_Chef