• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can Guests Attend Conference? Tips for Bringing a Friend to Chicago

In summary, guests can attend National Conference and other meetings, but they must be registered and pay a fee. The registration options for guests may vary, but typically they can choose to attend all events or select specific ones. It is not appropriate to bring infants or children to official Pampered Chef meetings. If a guest is not interested in the business, it may not be in their best interest to attend Conference due to the registration cost. However, if the consultant has earned free or discounted conference, they may offer to split the cost with their guest.
kcmckay
Gold Member
So my best friend and I were talking about Chicago and she is thinking of coming along when I go for Conference. Well I'm totally down with it but wonder what guests can attend? She would be fine without coming to anything but I would think it would be nice if she could come to some things if she wanted. I think to register a "guest" though they have to pay fee right? I don't think she wants to. Just curious of how to plan ahead. Probably going to arrive Sunday and stay until Saturday or Sunday so we can check out Chicago together. Thanks for any insight.

I am still torn as to whether not I am bringing the Hubs. I may just have him come that Thursday and stay until Sunday. But that is 7 days of hotel stay in Chicago...... expensive

This is what I found on CC under the Conferences page:
Rules Pertaining to Children and GuestsWhile The Pampered Chef has a philosophy and a business opportunity based on blending family and career, it is not appropriate to bring your family with you to all business events. Official Pampered Chef meetings are not an appropriate environment for children. Even quiet infants and well-behaved children can be a distraction from the business purpose. 1. You may not bring infants or children to official Pampered Chef meetings. 2. If you are a nursing mother and find that you need to feed your baby during a meeting, schedule your time to meet with your childcare provider between General Sessions and Workshops, so that you can be with your baby at critical times. You can also arrange for another Consultant to take notes if you need to be away from the meeting. 3. If your family has been helping you with your business, and you would like to share some of the excitement with them, guests age 18 years and older may be registered (and must be paid for when applicable) to attend National Conference and other meetings open to guests. You may be required to show proof of age. 4. As there is a minimum management level required to attend Leadership Conference or certain meetings, no guests (unless otherwise indicated in the registration information) may attend those meetings.

Yes, to attend any of the meetings/events, they have to register and pay a registration fee.

In the past, guest registration has ranged from a one-size fits all plan (guests pay the full registration and attend all events, including a Supportive Spouse panel and HO tour) to an a la carte plan, in which guests can register for the parts of conference in which they want to participate. The a la carte plan is the one that's been in place for the past several years, so it's likely to be the option offered this year.If your guest isn't interested in your biz, then having them attend Conference may not be in their best interest. Sure, you could create interest (and possibly get them excited enough to sign as a consultant on their team), but it could also work the other way, too. And since the complete registration for a guest is the same price as for consultants, it does represent a significant monetary outlay for your friend.

Or if you earned Free or discounted conference from March sales, maybe you can offer to split the cost with her- if she is truly interested in going, (assuming it's full price for a guest).

1. Can I bring a friend to the conference?

Yes, guests are welcome to attend the conference with you. However, they will need to purchase a conference ticket to gain entry.

2. How much does it cost for a guest to attend?

The cost for a guest ticket is the same as the regular conference ticket price. You can find the current ticket prices on our website or by contacting our customer service team.

3. Are there any special activities or sessions for guests?

While the conference is primarily designed for consultants, we do have a limited number of sessions and activities specifically for guests. These will be noted on the conference schedule and guests are welcome to attend.

4. Can I bring multiple guests with me?

Yes, you are welcome to bring multiple guests to the conference. Each guest will need to purchase a separate ticket to gain entry.

5. Can I bring my child as a guest to the conference?

This is an adult-focused conference and we do not have activities or accommodations for children. Therefore, we recommend finding alternative childcare arrangements for your child during the conference.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• NooraK
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Patty Davis
  • Kelly8
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Kelly8
  • RossDeb2