• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

National Conference Expenses and Budget Tips for Attendees

In summary, the conversation discusses the expenses and costs associated with attending the national conference for a past or current consultant. The main expense is the registration fee, which can range from $200-250 depending on early bird deadlines and whether a spouse will also attend. Other expenses include transportation to and within Chicago, hotel accommodations, meals, snacks and beverages, spending money for booths and merchandise, and tips for cabbies and hotel housekeeping. It is possible to attend the conference on a budget by avoiding excess spending and planning ahead. Additionally, it is suggested to sign up for conference club in advance to help with budgeting for future conferences.
28sal
hello i really want to go to national conference and i want to know besides the fee for registering (is it $545.00?) what other expenses or amount of money will i need. i already have my flight ticket reserved for my date to attend. but just wanted to know how much more money past consultants and current consultants take to spend. i defintly want to do a little spending. thanks for your help!:)

Registration is usually $200-250, depending on whether you make the early bird deadline. That's for one person. Spouses can attend conference, so double the registration if your spouse wants to go and wants to attend everything (guests have an a la carte registration in which they can select meals, general sessions, and workshops).Other expenses:
- transportation to get to Chicago
- transportation to get around IN Chicago (from airport to hotel, for example). Also includes transportation if you do any sightseeing. And if you drove to Chicago, allow about $20 a day to park at your hotel.
- hotel. Conference hotels are usually about $200 a night after taxes. Your costs will depend on how many people you put in the room and how many nights you stay.
- meals. There are some meals included in conference registration, but you will need to purchase a couple. How many is dependent on how long you're in Chicago. With registration we get: no meals on day 1 (unless you're an upper level director, then you get dinner), all 3 meals on day 2, and breakfast on day 3. Your budget will also depend on where you eat for those missing meals.
- snacks/beverages. HO usually arranges to have water (not bottled) available outside workshop rooms, but there are no other snacks included. Take your own or plan to spend some money at the convention center (there's a Starbucks and some vending machines)
- spending money for the booths. If there's a guest speaker, they'll have a booth with recordings and materials, and Merrill will be there. HO also makes some materials available for purchase (mini catalogs, postcards, recipe cards). In the past HO has had surprise boxes for sale at various price points. These were filled with retired products. FedEx is usually there to ship them home (and shipping can be paid with commission adjustment).
- home office tour. This will be part of your registration if you decide to take the tour. It's extra money, but includes transportation to HO and a box lunch.
- tips for cabbies and housekeeping at the hotel.It is possible to do conference on the cheap, but you must be disciplined about not shopping at the booths and getting caught up in the buying frenzy. You can also take water and snacks (or purchase them from a store in Chicago), so you aren't paying outrageous convention center prices for them.

Ann has everything covered!

I know that a "sandwich" through one of their vendors was about $9!!! Yikes! I always pack a bottle of water, granola bars, and cheese sticks. That way, if you get hungry (and you will...there is a lot of walking) you don't have to pay a stupid amount of $$ to eat something there at the conference, like Ann mentioned!

I think I did conference on about $500-$600 total. That included transportation, hotel, meals (splurging on at least one "big" night out) and going nuts buying stuff from Merrill. Since you can try on the products there, it is super. You can order your FOR SURE size, and see the quality. That way you can pass on things that look overpriced for the way they are made. Conference is really the only time I will buy from Merrill...and even that is because I have no choice if I want some PC clothing items!

Sign up now for conference club so it doesn't feel like 1 big chunk out of your check. PC will automatically take out what you request from your check so you never even see it. I signed up last August and it was about $25 a month. I took about $300 extra with me. We drove so we had to pay for tolls and gas. Otherwise it all went to hotel, food, souveniers (we went to Navy pier), a couple taxis since we stayed at a non-conference hotel and some stuff from Merrill.

Conference club for National is only a couple more months (Feb and March, I think), so it won't be as helpful as signing up for it in August. But definitely keep it in mind for Conference 2009! :)

chefann said:
Conference club for National is only a couple more months (Feb and March, I think), so it won't be as helpful as signing up for it in August. But definitely keep it in mind for Conference 2009! :)

I signed up last year at this time and it was still to have.

Does anyone think we will have an incentive to earn Conference free or half-price? I know last January that was a consultant promotion. Any thoughts?

Tammy

That would be nice! I don't remember what the incentive was though, I had just started and wasn't even sure I wanted to go to conference.

I hope so, but who knows!!

This year is the first year that I paid the Leadership fee in full and I was very sad!! I am not sure why they didn't offer it ....we could win it free...but the chances of that weren't very good!!:cry:

I don't know if they are pinching pennies or what, but I think it hurt the attendance at Leadership along with expensive flights for quite a few of us!!

thank you the people who replied about conference!Thanks for the info!

Does anyone know how the Conference Cash will work? I earned level 1 and chose that as my prize. It said in the letter I got that a booth will be set up when we get there, and we can pick it up then. (After we have paid to register, got our airline ticket, booked our hotel room, etc.) I was hoping that when I was trying to earn the 300.00 conference cash, that it would go
towards helping to pay for those big items.

Is it just used to buy things there, Merrill etc.? I am just not sure how it
works. Didn't know if anyone else knew something more.

Thanks,
Tracy

Wave 3

Conference Cash will be a Visa Check Card that you pick up at Conference and can use for your expenses.

pamperedtracy said:
Does anyone know how the Conference Cash will work? I earned level 1 and chose that as my prize. It said in the letter I got that a booth will be set up when we get there, and we can pick it up then. (After we have paid to register, got our airline ticket, booked our hotel room, etc.) I was hoping that when I was trying to earn the 300.00 conference cash, that it would go

Thanks,
Tracy

Wave 3

Last year when I went we didn't pay for our hotel room until after we checked out. The best part about it, you can use it when you get home too.

pamperedtracy said:

Thanks,
Tracy

Wave 3

You can still use it to pay for your hotel room.....you give them a CC #, but your card doesn't get charged until you check out, so you can always give them a different card to actually pay. There are usually meals you will need to pay for to, and the prepaid card can be used for those too....

Thanks that help answered my question.

Excellent! Thanks for your help!

Tracy

If you want to save on the hotel and if you don't mind staying at a non-conference hotel, you can check out the travel websites. One of the girls in my cluster did this and we ended up at the Swissotel (right across the river from the Sheraton) for about $130 a night including taxes. With four of us in the room, spending 3 nights and even parking at the hotel (we drove to Chicago), my portion of the hotel bill was only about $100!!! I ended up doing all of conference - registration, meals, travel expenses, hotel, incidentals - for less than $500. I was really happy with that.

1. What is National Conference?

National Conference is a yearly event hosted by Pampered Chef for consultants to network, learn about new products and business strategies, and celebrate their achievements.

2. When and where is National Conference being held?

This year's National Conference will be held on July 22-24, 2021 in Las Vegas, Nevada.

3. Can anyone attend National Conference?

Yes, all Pampered Chef consultants are encouraged to attend National Conference. It is a great opportunity to grow your business and connect with other consultants.

4. How much does it cost to attend National Conference?

The cost of attending National Conference varies depending on the ticket type and when you purchase it. Early bird tickets start at $199 and regular tickets start at $249.

5. What should I expect at National Conference?

At National Conference, you can expect to attend workshops and training sessions, listen to guest speakers, see new product launches, and participate in team building activities. There will also be opportunities to network with other consultants and attend fun events such as a gala dinner and dance party.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• nicki25
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
armywyf
  • 1PamperedMommy
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
NooraK
  • chefmoseley