• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Do You Need to Know About National Conference?

In summary, the $200 gets you into the conference with a ticket to attend the Executive Banquet, and any other classes and general sessions that are offered. It is not a full hotel room, and you are responsible for arranging your own accommodations.
1PamperedMommy
Gold Member
I just became a consultant in October and I'm really excited about my business so far. I'm learning A LOT from you guys, and I want to expand on my education of TPC at National Conference this year. But I do have some questions...
1. When is NC held?
2. I know it's in Chicago, but where (venue, etc)?
3. Is it always held at the same place?
4. I have a hubby and two small children who I would like to bring with me and extend the trip as a vacation. I know I can't bring them to conference, but are there any issues with bringing them to Chicago?
5. What exactly does the $200 get us? Just entrance into NC, or does it include other stuff like food, hotel, etc?
6. Are consultants supposed to arrange their own accommodations, or does TPC do this for us? If we do it ourselves, are we supposed to book early to make sure we get a room, or are some reserved for us or what?

Any tips and answers you can give are greatly appreciated. TIA!!

1PamperedMommy said:
I just became a consultant in October and I'm really excited about my business so far. I'm learning A LOT from you guys, and I want to expand on my education of TPC at National Conference this year. But I do have some questions...
1. When is NC held? July 12-15
2. I know it's in Chicago, but where (venue, etc)? McCormick Place
3. Is it always held at the same place? Has been since I started
4. I have a hubby and two small children who I would like to bring with me and extend the trip as a vacation. I know I can't bring them to conference, but are there any issues with bringing them to Chicago? You can bring them to Chicago with you, but you'll pay for the hotel - as opposed to splitting the room fee with other consultants
5. What exactly does the $200 get us? Just entrance into NC, or does it include other stuff like food, hotel, etc? The fee is for NC, classes, general sessions. It covers some meals but not all. No hotel is covered.
6. Are consultants supposed to arrange their own accommodations, or does TPC do this for us? If we do it ourselves, are we supposed to book early to make sure we get a room, or are some reserved for us or what? TPC contracts blocks of rooms for a discounted rate for consultants to use. The housing will open probably when registration opens in April. You can get a room at a different hotel, but TPC provides shuttles from conference hotels.

Any tips and answers you can give are greatly appreciated. TIA!!

See above in red.

Crystal pretty much answered the questions you had.

On the part of bringng your family, the big thing is what Crystal mentioned. The hotels HO reserves for us are usually around $200/night. It's a bit to pay alone, but becomes fairly inexpensive when you split it among 4-5 consultants, which is what most people do. Most clusters will pick people who will reserve the room and then make arrangements with other consultants in the group for who stays where.

The other part is the days you'll be at conference. Last year I would leave the hotel around 7 AM, and get back between 4-5 PM. The first night we went out to dinner as a group, and the second night is the Executive Banquet with your Executive Director. You can purchase a ticket for your spouse to attend, but I don't believe children are allowed to those either. The third day you're done once Closing Session is over. This means that your family will have to find something to do all day while you're attending conference. Not a big deal, but something to consider when planning.

Conference is also longer this year than before. Maybe consider have DH and kids come towards the end of conference so you have time to spend with them.

There is lots of places to go visit from what others said last year. I am on a cane and was not able to do any sightseeing. I did hear the shipyards were easily accessible for handicapped so I may hit it this year. One thing they left out is we get awesome freebies from HO for attending... Last year we got a beautiful larger Catalog Tote with heavy duty straps, the new Conversion Magnet, the new Calendar, and some other things. We also could purchase from Merrill there at NC so we could actually see what we purchased. I have not purchased anything from them but heard there is issues with their sizes. Also we can purchase the new Fall catalogs & minis there to either ship home or carry home in our luggage. I will never miss another one. I started putting money in Conference Club as soon as it opened up. I have to have a scooter to get around so that is $150 ($200 with the extra day) to use. I took $300 and that paid for my hotel (shared with 4 others/$126); meals ($75); transportation including gas, parking, etc. (shared with 5 others/$60). My airfare was $135 so that wasn't too bad either. I plan on taking more money this year. I have already gotten enough in my Conference Club to pay for Conference but plan on earning at least 1/2 price Conference so I can use some of what I already have put away towards that. The good part is 95% of what you spend will be tax deductible next year! :)

My family goes with me to NC each year- (last year was our first, and this year we are already planning). You do have to pay for the hotel completely yourself- since you won't be sharing with other consultants, but it is still a tax-deduction.I already have a hotel booked in the general area of last years. I booked the Embassy Suites for $245 or so per night. It's a block down the road from one of their 'regular' hotels - the Sheraton Hotel & Towers in downtown Chicago. They'll post the Conference hotels in the next month or so and you'll be able to go from there. If they keep Sheraton this year, I can jsut walk down the block and catch the bus. Last year, I booked my room at the Sheraton in Jan-Feb, BEFORE it opened up. The price offered through PC Travel was the same price as what I got through a regular travel agency online (Expedia or SHeraton directly?). Just shop around. I always check the cancellation policies- so I can always cancel/change my reservation if they come out with something better. OH- and staying near the river/Michigan ave is convenient for my family because they just get on a Water Taxi and can get to Navy Pier or the Museums safely and cheaply. :)My boys love it! They are 9 and 6. Between the ESPN Sports Zone, Lego Store, Navy Pier, the Field Museum, Shedd aquarium, Willis (Sears) Tower, etc.http://www.chicagotraveler.com/

Oh I think I heard that because we start on Monday and go to Thursday that Monday and Tuesday are both open nights with the Executive Banquets being held on Wednesday. So this year we ALLl have at least three nights rather than 2 nights minimum to pay for. Do not forget the Lincoln Park Zoo which is FREE and it only takes one bus, $2, and 15 minutes to get there from Downtown. You can get there on that one bus from all the way down at the Hilton after a 1 or 2 block walk north to the Millennium Park. Which also worth a walk through! The Cloud Sculpture is really neat!

The way I understand it is that Day 1 is a "Pre-Conference" day. They'll do HO Tours, First Timer Orientations and the Director training, but no actual events for those below Director level. Techincally, one could arrive on Day 2, but I also noticed that the first class starts at 9 AM so you'd have to be there early. Plus, CC says registration is on Day 1, so I'm not sure if you'd be able to register on Day 2, although I don't see why not.

https://www.pamperedchef.com/repsonly/activities_events/conferences/natl_conf.jsp

There isn't much on CC yet.

NooraK said:
The way I understand it is that Day 1 is a "Pre-Conference" day. They'll do HO Tours, First Timer Orientations and the Director training, but no actual events for those below Director level. Techincally, one could arrive on Day 2, but I also noticed that the first class starts at 9 AM so you'd have to be there early. Plus, CC says registration is on Day 1, so I'm not sure if you'd be able to register on Day 2, although I don't see why not.

https://www.pamperedchef.com/repsonly/activities_events/conferences/natl_conf.jsp

There isn't much on CC yet.

But this is JUST the info I needed right now. Thanks for the link.

oh, just an FYI. My NED told us that there is no banquet this year. :(

smspamperedchef said:
Probably the logistics of it would be a nightmare! They have 10,000 potential people coming with lots of Banquets to do....I wondered where they would do it! That would be my guess. Personally, that's ok with me... I'd rather just have a nice dinner with my cluster/upline - or , since my family is going to Chicago with me, I'd have a night to spend it with them- maybe take in the Fireworks at Navy Pier on Wednesday.

smspamperedchef said:

I'd be relieved that I don't have to figure out what to wear to match the theme... but I'm not going :(

Last edited:
Oh Noora! Can't you work it out? I bet you would be walking as director as well as you are doing now with recruits!This will be great for us from CS who would like to get together one of those nights! That first day coming in is crazy anyway and it will be fun to see all the people we can. I hope to have off at least 30 pounds by then so I am hoping to work in some sightseeing within reason since I have a cane. Also I need someone to volunteer to "push me around" in a wheelchair on the HO tour! I am going this time!

pcchefjane said:
Oh Noora! Can't you work it out? I bet you would be walking as director as well as you are doing now with recruits!

Unfortunately I will be 36 weeks pregnant, and going up to Chicago isn't a really good idea at that point. If I were a few weeks less further along, maybe. But 36 weeks, no.

I wish I was doing well with recruits. I have my one, and she hasn't been active lately, though she'd like to be. She's just quite busy with her 9-5. Maybe I'll sign one of my upcoming hosts.

I have some questions, too. I just found out I am going to be able to go to Conference (found a great airfare on cheaptickets.com...and BOOKED it!!).
What's the weather like in July? What is the general dress code for conference?

AmyDare said:
I have some questions, too. I just found out I am going to be able to go to Conference (found a great airfare on cheaptickets.com...and BOOKED it!!).
What's the weather like in July? What is the general dress code for conference?

Last year- when I was there, it was very pleasant weather- 80's and sunny. The week before was HOT/Humid in the 90s...so varied summer weather. You can obviously check the forecast before leaving for specifics. :)

As far as dress during conference hours- business casual. (No jeans/t-shirts, tennis shoes, etc- although you'll see a lot who do.) More information will be released probably in April, and a thread will start soon I'm sure specifically for National Conference suggestions, discussions, and questions.

Yep, once registration opens I plan to start my countdown. That is, unless someone else starts one and I simply hijack theirs. ;)

Won't it be nice having ONE thread about NC, rather than 3? And, no more worrying about people from earlier waves posting spoilers.

pcchefjane said:
Oh Noora! Can't you work it out? I bet you would be walking as director as well as you are doing now with recruits!

This will be great for us from CS who would like to get together one of those nights! That first day coming in is crazy anyway and it will be fun to see all the people we can. I hope to have off at least 30 pounds by then so I am hoping to work in some sightseeing within reason since I have a cane. Also I need someone to volunteer to "push me around" in a wheelchair on the HO tour! I am going this time!

Jane, I did the HO Tour last year, but have enough in my Conference Club account to pay registration, plus a little extra. It would be worth it to me to spend the $30 again, just for the opportunity to PUSH YOU AROUND! :p :love:

You have to pay for the home office tour?

AmyDare said:
You have to pay for the home office tour?

Yes, but it's worth it. It's fun to go if you can. It includes a bag breakfast. Last year I think we got a yogurt, bagel, apple/banana?, and choice of drink/juice? When we went they gave everyone a colored dot and number sticker (my memory is cloudy on this), but it coordinated w/ the bus they were on. After the tour, they had us all go in a large room and we got to watch a video on how the warehouse works with the shipping of the packages and such. Then they had staff pump up the crowd with some singing and dancing (it was so funny!) and then they picked people by color/number sticker and those people got to get a whirlwind shopping spree. They got to go into a booth with the air blowing and they got to grab papers that listed products on them. Plus they also got a free apron to wear in the booth and keep.

Yes. I think it was $25 or $35 last year, but it includes a bag lunch, and of course a chance at the Whirlwind Shopping Spree!

Things have changed! When I went on my last HO tour, we got nothing for breakfast and a boxed lunch. We left downtown at 8 a.m. And the shopping sprees where actually done in the warehouse at one of the packing lanes. Of well, I suppose for insurance reasons and such, they could no longer do that. I almost can believe there will not be any banquets this year. I think that HO only paid a portion of the cost and the rest was left up to the EDs. That would be very expensive with the costs of things going through the roof!

My understanding was that the run-through-the-warehouse shopping sprees were changed because of the remodeling of the warehouse. My first year at conference was the first year they did the whirlwind booth. Then again, that could just be the cover story, and the insurance liability is probably an issue.

What is the purpose of National Conference?

National Conference is an annual event hosted by Pampered Chef for our consultants to come together and celebrate their achievements, learn new skills, and get inspired for the upcoming year.

When and where is National Conference held?

National Conference is typically held in July or August and the location varies each year. In the past, it has been held in cities like Chicago, Indianapolis, and Kansas City.

How do I register for National Conference?

You can register for National Conference through your Pampered Chef consultant account on our website. Registration typically opens in the spring and closes a few weeks before the event.

What is the cost of attending National Conference?

The cost of attending National Conference varies each year, but it typically includes a registration fee and the cost of your hotel room. Travel expenses are not included.

What can I expect to experience at National Conference?

At National Conference, you can expect to attend workshops and trainings, hear from guest speakers, network with other consultants, and participate in fun activities and celebrations. It's a great opportunity to learn, grow, and connect with the Pampered Chef community.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• PamperedPrincess74
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
DebbieJ
  • 28sal
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
katie0128
  • esavvymom